Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Northampton v Charlton | Saturday 24th October | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    We are beginning to look solid at the back which is a pleasant change but I am still very unconvinced about our ability to create and finish chances, even against weaker teams down to ten men.

• Options
    3-0 Charlton.  Innis, Williams & Washington.

Everythings feeling positive at the moment with our wonderful club and whilst we might lose some going forward, its nice that there is genuine optimism and we can enjoy the thing that we should enjoy as fans....the football. 
  • Options
    We continue to gel, bag the three points and even at this early stage of the season, the rest of the league start to take notice. 0 3 Aneke, Washington and Maddison 
  • Options
    Amos
    Gunter, Innis, Famewo, Maatsen
    Watson
    Doughty, Shinnie, JFC
    Smyth, Aneke

I think he will keep playing Watson to get the inevitable one game ban out the way early and he’s rapidly improving all the time so makes sense.  JFC awarded a place back in due to his winner the other week, and our best front two in my opinion to start, buzzin to see Maatsen start think he’s gonna be a big player for us.

I genuinely don’t care if I’m tempting fate, we win this, no problem, we’re getting better every game and have a big squad.

0-2 Aneke, Bogle late on.
  • Options
    As I live near the ground, this would have been a 'home' fixture for me in normal times, it seems weird that I will be streaming it when it's just down the road, but I guess it saves me 15 minutes getting home after the game!
    It would be nice to score more than one this week (and concede less than one!) but will take another 1-0.
  • Options
    1-1  Washington with our goal
  • Options
    Great factual preview, I'm going 2-1 to us. Another nervy win but that's what we like!
  • Options
    100% Pratley and Watson start together again
  • Options
    Think Northampton will score via some dubious refereeing decision but we will get at least one back: 1-2
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2020
    I'd go with the following: 

Amos
    Gunter Inniss Famewo Maatsen
    Shinnie Pratley Doughty
    Williams
    Aneke Washington

We need someone like williams in there to read the Ball down from and play in both Aneke and Washington.

2-0 win.
  • Options
    Washington was anonymous and awful the last game and that was against 10 men from the 1st minute. I expected more. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Washington was anonymous and awful the last game and that was against 10 men from the 1st minute. I expected more. 
    Are you sure you were watching the right player?
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Awful is very harsh....Purrington was awful, for scale!

Not every player can impact a game...was pretty telling that Bogle and Aneke made the difference up top as there both big lumps and a better outlet against physical CB's. 
  • Options
    In more excellent news Charlton & Northampton are saddled with a "referee" who's never officiated at this level before. First season, 6 games so far all L2 and piss pot trophy.
    Fingers crossed he's that rare breed: competent, confident and humble.  Breath not held
    My money's on cobblers not just being our hosts' nickname.
  • Options
    In more excellent news Charlton & Northampton are saddled with a "referee" who's never officiated at this level before. First season, 6 games so far all L2 and piss pot trophy.
    Fingers crossed he's that rare breed: competent, confident and humble.  Breath not held
    Has given 4 penalties in 6 games... 

Hopefully the referee will favour the away side, but every penalty he has given so far has been against the away side. 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
                         Amos
                 Inniss | Fameweo
    Gunter|                                 Doughty
                        Watson
    Forster-Caskey.                  Pratley
                        Shinnie
                Smyth.       Aneke
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Washington isn't good having the ball lumped up to him, he needs it in to feet. Funnily we played the ball on the floor for the first few games where Washington looked threatening.
    It was not just that. Blackpool like to press, but having a man sent off meant they retreated to the penalty area. Washington plays off the shoulder and likes the ball played into the space behind the back line.
    No doubt we all have a view on who could have been bought off after the sending off, but playing two games a week with a squad needing to get fitter the decision to leave as was in the hope that the 11 would score seems a reasonable decision at the time.
    It does not surprise me that he did not have an impact on the game, but anonymous and awful comments are just wrong.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Has given 4 penalties in 6 games... 

Hopefully the referee will favour the away side, but every penalty he has given so far has been against the away side. 
    In which case Williams needs to play and use his Palace penalty winning training 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The main reason for me wanting to watch our new team is to salivate over our defence. The way they were playing against Blackpool leads me to believe that we will only concede if Northampton get lucky or if the inexperienced ref makes a bad decision.
    We might one day click and score several goals in a match but for the moment have to rely on one from here and one from there.
    I'm confident of a 1-0 win: 75 %
    0-0. 15%
    1-1. 5%
    0-1 2.5%
    2-0 1.25 %
    2-1  1.25%

• Options
    Couple of points, the late Chris Thompson (Dr Kish) would've enjoyed this fixture if fans had been allowed in, I'm sure he use to live near Northampton and would've been a 'home fixture'  for him. Also the weather tomorrow is set to be very wet and stormy so will no doubt affect the game and every player needs to be on their game! 1-0 to the Addicks but it'll be hard fought in crappy conditions (according to this morning's weather forecast!)
    http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1051896074?-11197:833
  • Options
    Whilst it is harsh to say Washington was awful, he certainly was a bit anonymous. Maybe it is the formation, maybe he needs a bit of time. But I think it is a valid point. 
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
                         Amos
                 Inniss | Fameweo
    Gunter|                                 Doughty
                        Watson
    Forster-Caskey.                  Pratley
                        Shinnie
                Smyth.       Aneke

Doughty at LB?! Turn it in.

With the greatest of respects, he was our most dangerous attacking player Tuesday night.
  • Options
    Yes, and he can still be that and allow another offensive player if he plays at left back. The counter argument is the lad from Chelsea certainly gave us attacking options when he came on. I won't second guest Bowyer's plans, just hope he doesn't play Watson and Pratley together which is a bit too negative for me and might give Northampton more of a chance than they otherwise would have.
  • Options
    Actually, awful was harsh as I remember some excellent pressing in the 2nd half. I expected that in the first, so will stick to him being anonymous while having no reason not to press equally as hard in the first. Be great to see him move onto 3 goals for the season. 
  • Options
    Just feels like an almost certain 1-1 somehow!
  • Options
    0-2.
  • Options
    Northampton would be high up on the list of teams we should be beating so I am expecting us to beat them.