Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Northampton v Charlton |24th October 2020

Comments

• Options
    Interesting line up, rotating the squad, Levitt and Williams with a point to prove.
    They certainly need to prove to Bowyer why they should be getting game time

A bit like Morgan when he faced Forest Green in the League Cup last year
  • Options
    The midfield feels a little lightweight, especially against a physical team who are strong on set plays. What a pity about Chuks, given his present form
  • Options
    Quite an adventurous line-up which is nice to see. The opposite of Tuesday with a midfield that will be less about donkey work and more about quick balls up to the front men. I think we will miss Watson blocking everything that gets within 50 feet of our box and whoever in the midfield's job it is to cover Maatsen when he bombs forward will have to stay switched on but hopefully we can start quickly and get some early goals and play some proper football. I like that front three as well
  • Options
    Blucher said:
    The midfield feels a little lightweight, especially against a physical team who are strong on set plays. What a pity about Chuks, given his present form
    Can’t be a surprise though 
  • Options
    🙊
  • Options
    Aneke injured. Again.

The only person on the bench with any sort of goal threat is Washington. And I'm not sure how much of a threat that is.

Unless we have a striker signed up to come in, it makes the decision to lend out Davison at this time very odd in my eyes 

• Options
    Disappointed Chuks out again but not really surprised. Midfield does look a little light. Goals might be hard to come by. Not convinced Bogle or Smyth have a lot in them
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Southbank said:
    Someone like Aneke, who has barely averaged 20 games a season in his career, is not at the age of 27 going to become a reliable player.
    It's what can happen to any player who's not match fit. easily done when you've over stretched.

Why would he not be match fit?
  • Options
    edited October 2020
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Aneke injured. Again.

The only person on the bench with any sort of goal threat is Washington. And I'm not sure how much of a threat that is.

Unless we have a striker signed up to come in, it makes the decision to lend out Davison at this time very odd in my eyes 

Maddison?
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Gone from captain cautious last week to throwing caution well into the wind this week!

Hope it works out
  • Options

Hoskins Adams and Rose have been playing for them forever it feels like...
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Southbank said:
    Someone like Aneke, who has barely averaged 20 games a season in his career, is not at the age of 27 going to become a reliable player.
    It's what can happen to any player who's not match fit. easily done when you've over stretched.

Because he's always injured?
  • Options
    Chucks out yet again. Maybe we do need another striker. 
  • Options

Danny Rose only signed this summer...
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Southbank said:

He never will be again. I don't know what's happened to make him this way but Chuks has become someone who has to be carefully managed through and between games because it seems that any part of him can ping off at any time. It's frustrating but I don't think he'll ever be a player you can rely on to be consistently part of the first team
  • Options
    Aneke injured. Again.

Maddison?
    Fair point.  
  • Options

You're right - I think they had a player called Rose a few years back....
  • Options
    I get nervous when i am not nervous...

I was Charltonised 45 years ago.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Oggy Red said:
    Southbank said:

Because since coming back from injury and  Covid ........ he hasn't had a proper run of matches?

Or as Bowyer might have put it, "We need to get more minutes in him".

• Options
    One problem with the underfunding of the side in the past few years has been the over abundance of injury prone players nobody else wanted, Aneke being one, leading to the disaster of the first part of last season and ultimately relegation.
    Sandgaard is going to have to pay over the odds for a decent striker in January or forget about promotion this season.
  • Options
    Puzzled why we picked 2 experienced defensive midfielders (and the more experienced Purrington at LB) on Tuesday, yet have gone for neither tonight. Pratley only played half the match on Tuesday as well, so shouldn't be tired

A very progressive midfield, a lot depends on Levitt sitting back to provide cover to the back 4, as it would be waste for JFC to be stuck doing the defensive duties
  • Options
    Puzzled why we picked 2 experienced defensive midfielders (and the more experienced Purrington at LB) on Tuesday, yet have gone for neither tonight. Pratley only played half the match on Tuesday as well, so shouldn't be tired

A very progressive midfield, a lot depends on Levitt sitting back to provide cover to the back 4, as it would be waste for JFC to be stuck doing the defensive duties
    I would guess Bows has Tuesdays fixture with Oxford in mind as well. 
  • Options
    I get nervous when i am not nervous...

I was Charltonised 45 years ago.
    I know exactly what you mean. We usually lose when fan confidence is high, and then just when everyone is about to pack it in and go find another sport to follow we’ll pull off an away team at the league leaders or something. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Omg this midfield! :D Bowyer officially listens to Leuth 
    Let us pray we don't lose because the dynamic midfield pairing of Watson and Pratley will be fixtures for the rest of the season if we do!
  • Options
    edited October 2020

You're right - I think they had a player called Rose a few years back....
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Rose_(footballer,_born_1988)

They obviously like players called Danny Rose...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!