Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Northampton v Charlton |24th October 2020

Comments

• Options
    Maatsen masterclass incoming.
    Hope you are correct..

I must be one of the few Charlton fans to have seen this Maatsen play.

Just over 3years ago he was playing left wing against Germany for the Dutch under 15s.

The guy is young and up and coming but is still a boy in the old 3rd division. Tough league.

I've got to ask. How on earth did you end up watching Germany's u15 against the Dutch U15s!
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Southbank said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Aneke has started 4 of the 58 games that we've played since he joined the Club and scored just 3 goals.

I think we know why LB suggested he might not get 20 goals this season!
    Aneke played 40 games, scoring 19 goals, for MKD the season before joining Charlton.

The only full season in his whole career
    Er, no. Unless you want to re-write history.

Aneke has played:

38 games for Crewe 2012-13 (on loan as a young Arsenal player)
    44 games for Crewe 2013-14

30 games for Zulte Waregem 2014-15 (JBelgium Juniper Pro League)
    11 games for Zulte Waregem 2015-16 before bad injury sidelined him for 12 months

18 games for MKD 2016-17
    35 games for MKD 2017-18
    41 games for MKD 2018-19

There was1 single long term injury at Zulte in Belgium 5 years ago, befor joining Charlton and getting broken by the intensity of Bowyers training sessions. :neutral:

Yeah yeah, except more than a third of his total appearances have been as a substitute - which are probably the games he was coming back from injury!
  • Options
    The Charlton formation according to Fotmob

Is Omar Bogle the 20-goal-a-season centre-back our team has been crying out for?
    Big Ryan playing up front. Should be interesting.
  • Options
    The Charlton formation according to Fotmob

Big man-little man combo up front
  • Options
    Not sure on the line up. Don’t like Watson and Pratley together, but surprised we have neither. 
  • Options
    Hope you are correct..

Just over 3years ago he was playing left wing against Germany for the Dutch under 15s.

The guy is young and up and coming but is still a boy in the old 3rd division. Tough league.

Other than all the Charlton fans who watched him play for Charlton on Tuesday 
    You should know by now that watching a game on tv is not the same as being at the ground.

This game finished 3-3 and both sides missed penaltys.
  • Options
    I've been logged on to the pre-match coverage for about 20 minutes now and so far only managed to hear about 5 minutes of KB and Stubbers as we've had about 15 minutes of poxy adverts 🙁
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Southbank said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Aneke has started 4 of the 58 games that we've played since he joined the Club and scored just 3 goals.

Aneke played 40 games, scoring 19 goals, for MKD the season before joining Charlton.

Aneke has played:

11 games for Zulte Waregem 2015-16 before bad injury sidelined him for 12 months

18 games for MKD 2016-17
    35 games for MKD 2017-18
    41 games for MKD 2018-19

There was1 single long term injury at Zulte in Belgium 5 years ago, befor joining Charlton and getting broken by the intensity of Bowyers training sessions. :neutral:

You are including sub appearances. I meant starts.
    Well, I'm glad you've got stats that separate sub appearances from starts. They don't show up on Wiki.

Whatever, the player is 27 and has made 258 League and Cup appearances.

I was just pointing out that apart from 1 single long term injury that sidelined him for almost 12 months 5 years ago, he didn't appear to be injury prone until he joined Charlton.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Southbank said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Southbank said:
    Oggy Red said:

Aneke has played:

18 games for MKD 2016-17
    35 games for MKD 2017-18
    41 games for MKD 2018-19

You are including sub appearances. I meant starts.
    Well, I'm glad you've got stats that separate sub appearances from starts. They don't show up on Wiki.

Whatever, the player is 27 and has made 258 League and Cup appearances.

I was just pointing out that apart from 1 single long term injury that sidelined him for almost 12 months 5 years ago, he didn't appear to be injury prone until he joined Charlton.

Soccerbase is great for stats
  • Options
    Here come the two sides... Settle in, switch on Valley Pass and get behind the lads... COYA!! #cafc
  • Options
    For the colour blind amongst us the referees jersey and shirts combo looks very similar to Charlton kit. Only the socks differ. 
  • Options
    This is going to be a horrible game with the conditions 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Southbank said:
    Oggy Red said:

Aneke has played:

18 games for MKD 2016-17
    35 games for MKD 2017-18
    41 games for MKD 2018-19

Yeah yeah, except more than a third of his total appearances have been as a substitute - which are probably the games he was coming back from injury!
    Like, for example, how many of his total appearances did Kevin Lisbie make as sub for us? ....... I don't remember that he was always injury prone.

• Options
  • Options
    443 apparently with Doughty and Smyth on the wings
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    For the colour blind amongst us the referees jersey and shirts combo looks very similar to Charlton kit. Only the socks differ. 
    Well, we'll pass to the match officials then.

It'll make a change from us passing to the oppo. :smile:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Off_it said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Southbank said:
    Oggy Red said:

Aneke has played:

18 games for MKD 2016-17
    35 games for MKD 2017-18
    41 games for MKD 2018-19

Like, for example, how many of his total appearances did Kevin Lisbie make as sub for us? ....... I don't remember that he was always injury prone.

No.
    He was just useless 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1. 1'

Post update

Omar Bogle (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick on the right wing.

2. 1'

Post update

Foul by Fraser Horsfall (Northampton Town).

• Options
    Hope you are correct..

I've got to ask. How on earth did you end up watching Germany's u15 against the Dutch U15s!
    Best friend of mine is a Dutch football coach and he had coached afew of the young players.
    We both live in Holland.
  • Options
    Shouting is driving me mad already
  • Options
    1. 2'

Post update

Akin Famewo (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

2. 2'

Post update

Foul by Cian Bolger (Northampton Town).

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Off_it said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Southbank said:
    Oggy Red said:

Aneke has played:

18 games for MKD 2016-17
    35 games for MKD 2017-18
    41 games for MKD 2018-19

So your now saying Chuks wasn't injured just not good enough?  Because that was the case with Lisbie.

Stupidly we released him when we got to his level. 
  • Options
    5' Rose is fouled wide on the Cobblers left for a free-kick, Adams' delivery is met by Bolger and deflected behind for a corner. #NTFC 0-0 #CAFC
  • Options
    An easy way to spot the difference:

If they're moving into space, that'll be the ref.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Shouting is driving me mad already
    Turn the sound off?  :smile:

• Options
    6' Adams' delivery is cleared as far as Sowerby, the ball is then worked to Missilou on the right side but his dangerous cross flashes behind for a goal kick. #NTFC 0-0 #CAFC
  • Options
    Is Inness playing up front?

Like that idea Paul Went MK2.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!