Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Northampton v Charlton |24th October 2020

Comments

• Options
    Inniss concedes another Northampton corner from our right.
  • Options
    Been a tough watch.
  • Options
    Amos collects and rolls out to Famewo.
  • Options
    Thank goodness for Northampton tweets

40' Adams' cross from the left is turned behind by Inniss for a corner on the left. The delivery comes into the box but it's a comfortable claim for Amos. #NTFC 0-0 #CAFC
  • Options
    Really don't rate Levitt. Compare him with Conor Gallagher at the start of last season and it's a night and day difference.

Not sure Levitt is being helped by being played alongside JFC and Williams. Proper dodgy midfield.
    Levitt and Gallagher are completely different types of midfielders - so I feel the comparison is a tad unfair. 

(Gallagher is better though) 
  • Options
    Bogle gets sandwiched just ahead of the centre circle and wins a freekick.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    I'm not sure this is the game for Watson and Pratley? We are having trouble getting the ball on the floor in their half. They're not walking through our midfield. They're not even trying to play through the middle. 
  • Options
    We have to bring Pratley or Watson on at half time.
  • Options
    Can’t underestimate the impact the wind is having. One second it takes a ball sailing out of play, so the next one you take a bit off the pass but the wind drops and the ball ends up looking badly under hit. 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    First Charlton shot of the game after 40 minutes by Bogle forces a save from Cobblers keeper.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    An away game against Northampton with a poor pitch and conditions doesn't need a midfield of JFC JW and Levitt starting 
  • Options
    Chipped into the area, but Bogle doesn't have enough oomph on his header so it's saved easily.
  • Options
    Wahey - an effort on goal!
  • Options
    1. 41'

Post update

Omar Bogle (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the attacking half.

2. 41'

Post update

Foul by Fraser Horsfall (Northampton Town).

• Options
    1. 2'

Post update

Corner, Charlton Athletic. Conceded by Danny Rose.

2. 42'

Post update

Attempt saved. Omar Bogle (Charlton Athletic) header from the left side of the box is saved in the centre of the goal. Assisted by Jake Forster-Caskey with a cross.

• Options
    We go forward again, and Smyth gets tackled but wins the corner. Levitt takes from the left but it's headed clear, and JFC balloons a long distance shot over the bar.
  • Options
    42' Bogle heads a tame effort at Mitchell. Shortly after, Forster-Caskey shanks a shot well wide from distance. Watch live: http://live.cafc.co.uk #ntfc 0 #cafc 0
  • Options
    Really don't rate Levitt. Compare him with Conor Gallagher at the start of last season and it's a night and day difference.

Not sure Levitt is being helped by being played alongside JFC and Williams. Proper dodgy midfield.
    Levitt and Gallagher are completely different types of midfielders - so I feel the comparison is a tad unfair. 

(Gallagher is better though) 
    I was talking more about the impact the player has on the team. Game seems to pass Levitt by 
  • Options
    Normal service resumed for JFC then. Absolute rubbish
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not Levitt's fault due to the players he's playing alongside and his inexperience, but this game is completely passing him by.
  • Options
    Rose has had to go off temporarily for a "blood injury". Camera more interested in him stripping off than that the game's restarted.
  • Options
  • Options
    With 2 shots, 1 on target, things are getting better. 

How can Northampton keep us at bay? :neutral:

• Options
    Millwall 0 Barnsley 1
  • Options
    Not that things are going great, but I don't really see what adding Pratley or Watson does to improve our attacking threat.

Defensively we have looked solid to me. We don't need to make the game more turgid in the middle of the park its not like that's where we are winning/losing the game. 
  • Options
    Corr this is dire
  • Options
    Not Levitt's fault due to the players he's playing alongside and his inexperience, but this game is completely passing him by.
    I wish it would pass me by, what a waste of £10 so far
  • Options
    We have to bring Pratley or Watson on at half time.
    Shinnie or Maddison imo :)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!