Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wednesday Woes

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheffield-wednesday-home-form-monk-19164802

Was reading this article. Apart from the lazy journalism (lost last week to Brentford Town) Wednesdays only home win so far in 2020 was against Charlton, thanks to a *Lumped* 95th minute winner. How the massive have fallen. 

Comments

• they still play at a higher level than us 
  • they still play at a higher level than us 
    Only because they're cheating bastards.
    Fuck em the jumped up norvern wank muppets!

Football fans unity against the EFL showing signs of a schism.
  • Hope that hurt last night. Disliked them intensely from the time at Sellout when fat bstard was giving it with his kid sat on his shoulders. Too many other incidences of their crimes to number,
  • Sponsored links:

• a well known club whose history is not as glorious as one might assume. I wonder if the owner has lost interest after some disastrous managerial appointments and player signings. They seem doomed to return to the third strata before too long and deservedly so.
  • I Imagine they expected to be closer to safety than 9 points off after 8 games. Obviously a long way to go of the season, but great to see them lose 3 games in a row. 
    They started the season well, indeed many people thought they could still make a run for the playoffs!
  • Minus 12 points would have seen them relegated last season. It could see them relegated this. If so, it would be poetic justice if we swap divisions.
    Nice little gap starting to open up again as they are now 9 points from safety. 
  • Minus 12 points would have seen them relegated last season. It could see them relegated this. If so, it would be poetic justice if we swap divisions.
    Whilst I have always liked Wednesday and have a lot of mates who support them, I have to agree.
    The Kelham Island boozers and The New Barrack Tavern make for a cracking away day.
  • Be nice to wave goodbye to them as we pass at end of season...if not & they do drop & we stay,I think we would still be in a more decent state than them...cheats end of...!!!
  • They will survive but it is good to see them struggle.
  • One thing that might help them in the end could be goal difference. Usually when you are at the bottom it's because you are losing matches & therefore have a negative goal difference. Losing 3-0 didnt help, but apart from that their GD is pretty good & is worth a point in itself.

This then leads to an arguement about whether just a points deduction is enough. I was thinking about this last night & I reckon that in addition to starting off on -12 points they should have started off with a -8 GD as well. This would be akin to have been given 4   2-0 walk overs against them. 
    Nice little gap starting to open up again as they are now 9 points from safety. 
    They started the season 12 points from safety so technically, after 8 games,  they have closed the gap by 3 points. If they maintain that momentum for the rest of the season they will stay up. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Redrobo said:
    They will survive but it is good to see them struggle.
    I’m not so sure they will survive. Monk will be coming under pressure and I am not convinced that everything is OK financially with regard to FFP. I expect Monk to be the first sacking in the Championship.
    The home form since the January has been appalling and they are not scoring goals. The teams at the bottom are not the usual suspects and the sides immediately above the relegation places are Derby and Forest.
    Their next game is Wycombe W which is a must win. This game is then followed by Bournemouth Millwall and Preston. Things will hopefully look worse after these.
    Come on Wycombe!
    I still want them to beat Millwall.
  • If we go up I want them relegated,  if we stay down I want them to stay up 
  • Reckon Wednesday will stay up, although the sooner they can hit 0 points the better for them. Wonder how Monk and their players view the minus points and whether they're keeping an eye on the table or not at this point.
  • One thing that might help them in the end could be goal difference. Usually when you are at the bottom it's because you are losing matches & therefore have a negative goal difference. Losing 3-0 didnt help, but apart from that their GD is pretty good & is worth a point in itself.

This then leads to an arguement about whether just a points deduction is enough. I was thinking about this last night & I reckon that in addition to starting off on -12 points they should have started off with a -8 GD as well. This would be akin to have been given 4   2-0 walk overs against them. 
    Or just give them a 13 point deduction. 😀
    How do we know the twelve point deduction isn't actually an eleven point deduction and one more for the goal difference?
    Absolutely. 😀