Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wednesday Woes

Comments

• Options
    They are probably already wishing they took the hit last season.
  • Options
    Oh dear what a shame
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    MattF said:
    Oh dear what a shame
    never mind!

As Windsor Davies would say.
  • Options
    DIRTY CHEATING F&^*!"£(*&&*£()__%%£^$&&**@:::l)*(&^$%%%%£"!| NORVERN MONKIES!!!!
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    They will survive but it is good to see them struggle.
    I’m not so sure they will survive. Monk will be coming under pressure and I am not convinced that everything is OK financially with regard to FFP. I expect Monk to be the first sacking in the Championship.
    The home form since the January has been appalling and they are not scoring goals. The teams at the bottom are not the usual suspects and the sides immediately above the relegation places are Derby and Forest.
    Their next game is Wycombe W which is a must win. This game is then followed by Bournemouth Millwall and Preston. Things will hopefully look worse after these.
    Come on Wycombe!
    That was a must win, and they lost. They are on a downward spiral and it will be difficult to pull out of the dive. Hopefully they will crash.

Looking forward to the Monk interview. Not long now before he is sacked, but who would take that job?
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:
    They will survive but it is good to see them struggle.
    I’m not so sure they will survive. Monk will be coming under pressure and I am not convinced that everything is OK financially with regard to FFP. I expect Monk to be the first sacking in the Championship.
    The home form since the January has been appalling and they are not scoring goals. The teams at the bottom are not the usual suspects and the sides immediately above the relegation places are Derby and Forest.
    Their next game is Wycombe W which is a must win. This game is then followed by Bournemouth Millwall and Preston. Things will hopefully look worse after these.
    Come on Wycombe!
    That was a must win, and they lost. They are on a downward spiral and it will be difficult to pull out of the dive. Hopefully they will crash.

Looking forward to the Monk interview. Not long now before he is sacked, but who would take that job?
    Robinson could be in the market very soon... that job would be right up his alley.
  • Options
    Their fans are so deluded. Some are seriously suggesting Eddie Howe as their next manager for when Monk inevitably gets sacked!

Think they'll probably go for Pearson, especially as he's an ex-player but some are saying they should get Pulis in to steady the ship. I think either would be decent appointments given their current predicament.
  • Options

The Professional Footballers' Association has been called in to offer advice after Sheffield Wednesday failed to pay its players on time.

It is understood the Championship club's players only received a percentage of their November salaries.

And they met with club officials on Wednesday to discuss the situation.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55351588

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't want to see any club go under, but they really are in the shit. 

The formation of AFC Sheffield Thursday is becoming a real possibility.
    That would be a massive change. 
  • Options
    Their fans are so deluded. Some are seriously suggesting Eddie Howe as their next manager for when Monk inevitably gets sacked!

Think they'll probably go for Pearson, especially as he's an ex-player but some are saying they should get Pulis in to steady the ship. I think either would be decent appointments given their current predicament.
    Michael Appleton - Manager profile  Transfermarkt
  • Options
    clive said:

The Professional Footballers' Association has been called in to offer advice after Sheffield Wednesday failed to pay its players on time.

It is understood the Championship club's players only received a percentage of their November salaries.

And they met with club officials on Wednesday to discuss the situation.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55351588

Obviously I don't wish them any major problems, but they're in serious trouble on the pitch already, so if they're no money to spend that's the January window buggered...
  • Options
    Not a good look, if they end up in administration wonder what the record is for the most points deducted in a season
  • Options
    They'll be fine once it gets escalated to the EFL. They'll get their other 6 points back , plus an additioinal 12 for the inconvenience.

And automatic promotion to the premier league
  • Options
    Where's the EFL and FA when you need them.

The Massives are demanding immediate promotion to the Premiership!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MattF said:
    Not a good look, if they end up in administration wonder what the record is for the most points deducted in a season
    Luton had 30 points deducted in 2008-09 whilst in Division Four:

"Before the season started, Luton Town, Rotherham United and AFC Bournemouth were all docked points for the League Two season for, in all cases, financial problems and additionally, in the case of Luton, for criminal matters regarding transfers of players. Bournemouth and Rotherham both started on −17 points while Luton had to begin on −30 points. On 25 January, Darlington were docked ten points after going into administration." (courtesy of Wikipedia)

One of the clubs (can't remember which) objected to the points penalty and so refused to apply the penalties to any of the clubs in the league table as published in their matchday programme.
  • Options
    Wednesday coming down is not so good if we don't go up. It will mean that there is likely to be a strong team vying for one of the promotion spots next year.
  • Options
    Wednesday coming down is not so good if we don't go up. It will mean that there is likely to be a strong team vying for one of the promotion spots next year.
    Then so be it. They deserve to be relegated.

The way they are playing they could get relegated and minus ten points for administration for next season. 🤞 
  • Options
    If they go into admin, they could end up like wigan. 

I feel sorry for Wigan but I wouldnt wake up on the night having a panic attack if it happened to sheff wed! What comes around, goes around!
    Totally agreed 
  • Options
    I'm sure it's just an oversight by their owner & players will be paid very shortly. No problems & nothing to see here.
  • Options
    To be honest, they look like minus 6 will relegate them so another 12 will probably not make much difference. They need to get a new owner.
  • Options
    I suspect a totally independant investigation made up of people born within spitting distance of Hillsborough will be convened right now and a soundly independant award of a 12 point reduction will be made on a bit of elastic to be revoked under cover of some other diversionary news.
  • Options
    I'm sure it's just an oversight by their owner & players will be paid very shortly. No problems & nothing to see here.
    More of that positive attitude when it comes to Charlton please golfie! 😀