Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Matt Tees RIP

Just seen that Matt Tees has died aged 81. The centre forward when I first went to Charlton in 1968. Great header of the ball, and of course the possibility of dementia from heading has been in the news this week already. RIP Matt

Comments

• Options
    RIP Matt - that is sad news. There was a great article on him in a late 80s edition of ‘When Saturday Comes’, written by a Grimsby fan, entitled ‘Cream Tees’. 

What a magnificent header of a ball he was. 
  • Options

True legend. RIP Matt.

• Options
    One from the first Charlton teams that I saw at The Valley................. R.I.P. Matt and thanks for the memories!!
  • Options
    Before my time so never saw him play but he is one of those players that is consistently spoken about in such glowing terms by those who did get to watch him in his pomp. His heading ability and bravery are so often spoken about meaning he remains a favourite for so many. RIP Matt.
  • Options
    R.I.P.
  • Options
    Sad news. RIP Matt
  • Options
    Was my hero too. Unbelievable header of the ball and yes absolutely a Charlton legend. RIP Matt
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP Matt, loved watching him climb to find the back of the net with his head.
  • Options
    Really marvellous player. remember him well, could jump and head the ball brilliantly.
    Good memories.
    RIP Matt.
  • Options
    Another from that great 68-69 team, RIP Matt Tees Charlton (& Grimsby) legend
  • Options
    One of my early favorites too.  RIP
  • Options
    One of my early heroes. Fabulous header of the ball (only Yann has come close since!). Superb partnership with Treacy (also gone now...). Spent more time on the ground and in the air than he did on his feet! RIP Matt.
  • Options
    RIP. 

Never saw him play but love hearing the stories about the 68/69 team. 
  • Options
    RIP Matt Tees
  • Options
    RIP Matt.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    just re-watched the Shearer interview on youtube. A lovely family...RIP
  • Options
    Oh that is so sad. First saw the team play in 1968 and it was that great 68/69 side that hooked me onto Charlton. Tees and Treacy - to this day one of the best forward partnerships I have ever seen at Charlton.

RIP
  • Options
    RIP Matt. 
  • Options
    Brilliant header of the ball- the best I have seen at Charlton over the years - Bartlett would be 2nd and Yann 3rd - RIP Matt 
  • Options
    RIP Matt
  • Options
    RIP Matt great player and often had a laugh with the fans behind the goal.
  • Options
    Unbelievable header of the ball, the partnership he had with Ray Treacey was telapathic loved watching those two play together. RIP Matt.