Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: FA Cup Charlton v Plymouth | Saturday 7th November 2020

Comments

• Options
    Overall, much stronger than I was expecting. Really looking forward to seeing how Maddison and Aneke link up, that could have huge potential this season.

An attacking team, that’s for sure.

Maddison should get an hour, and then a full couple of weeks of training with maybe a in house training game for a top up on minutes, and he should be ready to start at Gillingham on 21st.

Won’t be watching it myself, but look forward to seeing the highlights at some stage. 
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Didnt realise that Plymouth had Frank Nouble in their side
  • Options
    Forster-Caskey skipper today?

• Options
    Danny Mayor lining up for Argyle. The man who made Simon Francis look crap. 
  • Options
    Plymouth unchanged.  Fancy them I'm afraid 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Charlton:
    M.Brewer;
    Matthews, Barker, Inniss, Purrington
    Forster-Caskey, Levitt, Morgan
    Williams Aneke Maddison

4-3-3 it is.
    Substitutes: Amos, Wiredu, Maatsen, Pratley, Vennings, Henry, Washington
    Maddison will play from the right. Williams and Morgan both capable of taking it turns playing from the left, but predominantly Williams, you would expect.
  • Options
    Who's doing the bets on which player is going off injured & out for 6-8 weeks.

I'm going Williams (hamstring), Aneke (thigh) Maddison (new tattoo)
    Love you, Golfie!   :kissing_smiling_eyes:

• Options
    Really looking forward to this line up. When you look at that team and who we have left out it shows what a fantastic job the recruitment team did in such a short space of time. Hopefully a bit of a cup run and 10 points clear in the league by February 😁
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Overall, much stronger than I was expecting. Really looking forward to seeing how Maddison and Aneke link up, that could have huge potential this season.

Maddison should get an hour, and then a full couple of weeks of training with maybe a in house training game for a top up on minutes, and he should be ready to start at Gillingham on 21st.

Won’t be watching it myself, but look forward to seeing the highlights at some stage. 
    In house training game? We've got a FKA Johnson's Paint game on Tuesday! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sage said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Charlton:
    M.Brewer;
    Matthews, Barker, Inniss, Purrington
    Forster-Caskey, Levitt, Morgan
    Williams Aneke Maddison

4-3-3 it is.
    Substitutes: Amos, Wiredu, Maatsen, Pratley, Vennings, Henry, Washington
    Maddison will play from the right. Williams and Morgan both capable of taking it turns playing from the left, but predominantly Williams, you would expect.
    @sage can you see that front 3 all playing more than an hour? 
  • Options
    Not sure what the reasoning is for starting Aneke in the Cup but not in the League. If a chronic injury is the issue and the reason that he hasn't been able to string two starts together in the last 18 months then why play him at all in the Cup?
  • Options
    Sage said:

Wonder what our best midfield looks like with both Maddison and Gilby back. 
  • Options
    Sky showing how much they care about us

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    How many of those front 3 can play more than an hour today? A bit risky? 
    With you on that, my thoughts when I saw it. Expected to see Smyth over Maddison, with Maddison replacing Williams second half.
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    Plymouth unchanged.  Fancy them I'm afraid 
    They are a very decent unit, capable of playing an effective passing game.
    And know how to score.

They've got a good manager with 2 successive promotions on his CV.
    And the momentum that comes with winning promotion last season and a good start to this one.

No pushovers here. 

Remember, down here in Cornwall half my mates are Green Army ..... if they win, I'm going to get my nose rubbed in it.
    Don't let me down.

• Options
    Very surprised to see Aneke start this having not started any of the preceding league matches. Not sure this is the match I’d choose to test his fitness but Bows will have his reasons no doubt. 
  • Options
    That is a strong side and shows just how strong a squad the management have built in such a short space of time 2-0 Charlton at 10/1
  • Options
    Interesting that neither Mingi or Ness, who are apparently ahead of Barker in the u23s, are involved at all. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    With you on that, my thoughts when I saw it. Expected to see Smyth over Maddison, with Maddison replacing Williams second half.
    Bowyer said yesterday in his presser, that both Smyth and Bogle are tight, and an injury risk.
    He also said he wasn't going to take risks with anyone.

• Options
    Very surprised to see Aneke start this having not started any of the preceding league matches. Not sure this is the match I’d choose to test his fitness but Bows will have his reasons no doubt. 
    Wonder if its to keep him at the required fitness levels

Seem to remember it being an issue keeping him at the required level last season even when fit
  • Options
    Surprised by the strength of that team.

C'mon you Addicks.  One cup EVERY century.
  • Options
    Aneke's hardly likely to play more than 60 minutes, I would have thought.

The Meds team manage Aneke, not Bowyer. :smile:

• Options
    surprised they are unchanged. apart from the odd change for us this is pretty much what it would be if we were playing them in a league match. 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Bowyer said yesterday in his presser, that both Smyth and Bogle are tight, and an injury risk.
    He also said he wasn't going to take risks with anyone.

Fair enough. Still surprised to see those 3 starting. 
  • Options
    surprised they are unchanged. apart from the odd change for us this is pretty much what it would be if we were playing them in a league match. 
    Well no Gunter, Maatsen, Shinnie, 
    Pratley/Watson, or Washington who out of the fit players I'd expect to start.

Shows how strong our team is. Really looking forward to seeing how we play today. 
  • Options
    Strong side although with the exception of Innis and the returning and needing minutes Aneke and Madison it is probably our second team which shows the strength of our squad.  Interesting Baker is ahead of Ness and Mingi given the early season reason to include him i assume no longer is relevant?
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Interesting that neither Mingi or Ness, who are apparently ahead of Barker in the u23s, are involved at all. 
    I touched on Barker's inclusion earlier ...... perhaps Bowyer thought Barker was the best fit alongside Inniss?
    No doubt they've been doing a bit of shape work in training yesterday.

Apparently, Pearcey is pencilled in for a comeback on Tuesday.
    Surely Mingi plays alongside him?

Not only is there a game today, and on Tuesday - but also U23s play on Monday.
    There's a need to balance out playing time. Everyone who needs a game will probably get a run out.

• Options
    It's not often I could honestly describe a Charlton line-up as "exciting", but this is it. With Williams, Aneke and Maddison up front, I reckon there will be a few goals today.

COYR!!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!