Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Alastair Thrush leaves as Head of Medical Services / P.3 Danny Murphy appointed

"Alastair Thrush has left his role as the club’s Head of Medical Services.

The club would like to thank him for his work over the last four years and wish him the best for the future."

Comments

• Options
    Bit of a short and sweet statement that
  • Options
    I suppose Thomas may know of or be able to be linked to better qualified people for this role?
  • Options
    Interesting

just speculating here but maybe Thomas saw the injuries we had last season and this season and thought it was down to more than just "bad luck" 

Not so sure of that, think it may just be that Sandgaard has one of his own guys in mind for the job, and Alastair has had to make way for that appointment. 
  • Options
    Interesting

just speculating here but maybe Thomas saw the injuries we had last season and this season and thought it was down to more than just "bad luck" 

Not so sure of that, think it may just be that Sandgaard has one of his own guys in mind for the job, and Alastair has had to make way for that appointment. 
    Agreed
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I heard that he thrushed a few too many players back from injury.

All jokes aside, good look in your future endeavours Alastair. 
  • Options
    Jelly and Ice Cream 
  • Options
    What do people expect when you’re buying cheap, injury prone players to play high intensity football twice a week? 

It might be all his fault but I highly doubt it. Take a look at Twitter and people are happy that a man has lost his job during an economic crisis. 

Best of luck to him and hopefully the replacement is a literal wizard.
    Yeah really disappointing to read a lot of those comments on social media but then again its a platform for too many idiots
    It's a depressing read, poor bloke. I wish him all the best. 
  • Options
    I don't suppose the club took the decision to fire its head of medical services lightly. There must have been a good reason. 
  • Options
    When I  saw "Thrush had gone" `I thought there'd been a shake up at smt level #petname ;)
  • Options
    Anybody know him behind the scenes here?

Is he the first line of being replaced by automated Zynex machines  ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry to be blunt, but this is good news the way i see it. I’m not convinced our injury is purely down to luck, now i’m not blaming it all on this poor fella but we might be able to get someone better.
  • Options
    Ged Roddy was looking at this area, maybe/probably connected
  • Options
    What do people expect when you’re buying cheap, injury prone players to play high intensity football twice a week? 

It might be all his fault but I highly doubt it. Take a look at Twitter and people are happy that a man has lost his job during an economic crisis. 

Best of luck to him and hopefully the replacement is a literal wizard.
    Too true Mrs Thrush
  • Options
    He's certainly had his hands full, in more ways than one!
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    No business long term would be successful if half of its staff failed to show up for work each month, Lees been fire fighting for the last 3 years, and Sage has been saying for ages about how under resourced the physio team are , feel for Alaistair losing his job , but hopefully brighter days ahead longer term for the squad , i'm guessing appointment(s) to be announced shortly?

My son pointed out that AT previously worked at Arsenal , didn't they go through a similar thing towards the end of Wengers tenure , where they were blighted with injuries, would AT have been a Katrien appointment?
  • Options
    It's never nice when someone loses his job but our injuries over the 4 years he has been here have been ridiculous. 
    Not saying he was to blame but if Thomas believes he can bring in someone better then that's fine by me.
    After all it's his club and his money. 
  • Options
    Think this is Roddy rather than Sandgaard.