Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ST holders unable to attend to retain CAFC Cash / Ballot details for Wimbledon & Bristol Rovers p6

Comments

• Options
    Surely the least that needs to happen is every season ticket holder is guaranteed to be picked for at least one game whilst only 2000 are allowed, as it stands some season ticket holders won't be going to any games for the foreseeable 
  • Options
    As the next game after the Wimbledon game is on a Tuesday night and they had to put the last night game on general sale to sell the tickets.

They should put that game automatically on general sale for ST.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Didn't get picked out the ballot for the MK game but managed to get one when they went on offer to all season ticket holders.

Got picked out in the ballot for the Wimbledon match, however I really think they should forget the ballot and just say first come first serve to all 4800 season tickets holders for each game. any left can go on general sale.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    I don't understand the displeasure. Any ST who wanted to have gone on Wednesday could have gone right? Due to them opening the ballot after we didn't sell out. 
    There is a real chance that the same unlucky people will have to rush online for a 2 hour slot when they are at work etc to try and get a ticket whilst another group could be guaranteed one for each game.

You can be almost certain that there will be fewer tickets available for Saturday games also. 
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    If your in the 1st ballot for mk and you opt out ,you still go in the 2nd ballot for the next game.
  • Options
    Bilko said:
    Just got an email saying I’m not been lucky with the ballot for the Wimbledon game I also wasn’t lucky for the MK Dons game. I can see how this time I wasn’t lucky has I’m not in tier 3 and they are lots of ST holders in these areas who are not in the ballot and supposedly fans who got tickets for MK Dons wouldn’t be in this ballot.
    WTF !!! This is unbelievable !!!

None of my family group of 5 who my acct is linked with were successful for Weds night and now just 1, an under 18 has an email saying she's successful for the 12th match!!!!

This is not on! This non rotation could mean a s tkt holder might NEVER get to see a home match. 

PLEASE TELL ME WHERE TO GO FROM HERE  as I'm just about to blow a fuse.

Same here group of 3 missed out on both ballots. Did sweep up a couple of tickets from the returns on Wednesday night, glad I did as at this rate I don't seem particularly lucky in the ballot.  Definitely a change from the original plan would have been useful to know the "feedback" had meant a change in how they were planning to operate the ballot.
  • Options
    Nicholas said:
    Didn't get picked out the ballot for the MK game but managed to get one when they went on offer to all season ticket holders.

Got picked out in the ballot for the Wimbledon match, however I really think they should forget the ballot and just say first come first serve to all 4800 season tickets holders for each game. any left can go on general sale.
    yep I agree with this, still reckon anyone who wanted one would get one
  • Options
    I would love to know where this "Fan feedback" has actually come from because the response on here and social media contradicts it completely.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Belv said:
    J BLOCK said:
    I don't understand the displeasure. Any ST who wanted to have gone on Wednesday could have gone right? Due to them opening the ballot after we didn't sell out. 
    There is a real chance that the same unlucky people will have to rush online for a 2 hour slot when they are at work etc to try and get a ticket whilst another group could be guaranteed one for each game.

You can be almost certain that there will be fewer tickets available for Saturday games also. 
    Based on the feedback from Tuesday, I anticipate there will be tickets available for any ST holders who want to go for the foreseeable. 
  • Options
    Just got my ticket for next Saturday and printed it off, now I know that Saturday is occupied so will plan nothing else for the afternoon.
  • Options
    I can see both points of view. If they just alternated, then those who went to MKD would get "stuck" with midweek evening games whereas the other group would get the more attractive Saturday Wombles game followed by Boxing Day.

On the other hand it would seem perhaps fairer to offer all season ticket holders one of the first two games before doing the ballot.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    At the very least, the club should have rotated for this game and then announced that its a fresh ballot from the Bristol Rovers game.

One Wednesday evening game really isn't enough to measure demand for future games
  • Options
    Embarrassed to say I won both ballots.  I don't agree with what they've done (but not enough to give up my ticket). Got a 1:30pm entry time which is a marginal improvement on 6pm for MK so things are looking rosy in the Cat household
  • Options
    Was unsuccessful in the MK Dons fixture, and have been unsuccessful for Wimbledon too. I bought mine for Tuesday with no problem, but will that be the same for a Saturday fixture? 

What a weird way to do it.
  • Options
    not really sure this can be rated as Great work, its pretty much what should happen regardless isn't it? Credit where its due but less overhype please.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Have you really thought this out ? ????

You are basically saying that those not successful in the first ballot for last Weds and again not successful again for next Saturday ( like me & my family) are basically 2nd class season ticket holders , and as such won't get first dibs on the seats they'd prefer...How is that a fair process when we ALL paid our money up front before we were "saved" by TS. 

Why should I be happy in saying "Never mind. I'll probably pick up 5 when the dregs are left at the beginning of next week" ? AND this will be more difficult with less still on offer bearing in mind more fans will want to attend a Saturday match.

THIS new rule was not included in the original info we all received/saw on the OS when the process was announced. 

THIS is due, apparently, to fan feedback from the successful ones who could not attend the MKDons game due to lack of childcare or work problems....and who will be in the ballot this time alongside those who were at The Valley on Weds and will likely be there again next Sat ! How can that be a fair and transparent policy ?

So, as it stands, my 5 will be "in the hat" as I prefer to call it, for the Tuesday evening game v Bristol Rovers ...another evening match where children accompanying us will still be at school and will be very late home post match .....but STILL may not be "lucky" ! In fact, there may well be fans who fail to attend ANY home games under the restrictions , all season if they are incredibly unfortunate. How can that be value to any degree for purchasing a season ticket, especially during those very uncertain times last summer ? 

Another pertinent point is that if we have 4,000+ season ticket holders, and 2,000 finally attended the last match, then with 2,000+ non attenders , and a huge number of them residing in tier 3 ( esp Kent) there would inevitably been enough for all those eligible to attend 1 of the first 2 home games under the restrictions. THIS was surely how the system was intended to run ! 

I also note that there was nothing on the successful emails received regarding the new rule re no further rotation....so unless successful s. tkt holders looked at the OS, they would be oblivious of this amendment......

I cannot begin to express how I'm feeling at this moment. After all the plaudits given to our club recently ( and rightly so on the whole) this is totally unacceptable, disrespectful and unworkable. In fact I cannot believe how this was agreed by anyone from the club's SMT ! I am seething and am shaking so badly , I can barely type this. 

I have emailed CAST to ensure that they are aware of this issue and I know they will respond accordingly. 

I trust that those who know me are confident that this is NOT just for me & my group but for ALL fans, especially those with current season tickets and indeed those hoping to be able to purchase soon. I feel as though I have been kicked in the teeth ...something I kind of expected when KM was around but NOT in these halcyon days. 

Spot on 👍
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I can see both points of view. If they just alternated, then those who went to MKD would get "stuck" with midweek evening games whereas the other group would get the more attractive Saturday Wombles game followed by Boxing Day.

On the other hand it would seem perhaps fairer to offer all season ticket holders one of the first two games before doing the ballot.
    Particularly because I’m pretty sure that’s what they said they would do. 
  • Options
    CatAddick said:
    Embarrassed to say I won both ballots.  I don't agree with what they've done (but not enough to give up my ticket). Got a 1:30pm entry time which is a marginal improvement on 6pm for MK so things are looking rosy in the Cat household
    Congratulations, fellow Lifer.

But as this now stands, you might be attending your 2nd and final match of the season ...

Is this acceptable & fair ? 
  • Options
    CatAddick said:

But as this now stands, you might be attending your 2nd and final match of the season ...

Jean, we are aware and have received your email and taking it up with the club. Will revert once we hear, of course, practically, it may be too late for the next game but we’ll see.
  • Options
    What a mixed bag:

- Brilliant that fans not taking up a ticket will receive CAFC Cash instead
    - Awful that they dropped the rotation idea. That just isn't fair and I don't believe at all that the decision is based on widespread fan feedback. Looks to me like they realised it was just too much hard work to manage the rotation. The first serious fuck-up in Thomas's reign, IMO.

And I speak as someone who managed to get a ticket for MK AND have been lucky in the ballot for AFC Wimbledon.
  • Options
    This won’t cover me so just a neutral point if you like, but I think the ballot should be for all this season’s season ticket holders PLUS last years. 
    Decisions not to buy would have been largely because of the ESI ownership and the economics of COVID, both valid reasons not to have bought one. 
  • Options
    kentred2 said:
    This won’t cover me so just a neutral point if you like, but I think the ballot should be for all this season’s season ticket holders PLUS last years. 
    Decisions not to buy would have been largely because of the ESI ownership and the economics of COVID, both valid reasons not to have bought one. 
    And the 18/19 season.
    I went the league one season and boycotted last season 
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Rob7Lee said:
    CatAddick said:

Jean, we are aware and have received your email and taking it up with the club. Will revert once we hear, of course, practically, it may be too late for the next game but we’ll see.
    Perhaps the way around it is to have 2 separate rotation lists, one for weekends and bank holidays, and one for midweek games? I appreciate it'll be more of a pain in the arse for the club to maintain, but it'll mean people who can't go midweek due to work or family commitments will still be in a better place than having no priority system at all.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    CatAddick said:

Thanks, Andy.

I really am very upset by this issue. Surely everyone can see it's totally unfair ? 

IF we had 7 or 8,000 season ticket holders , then I maybe could understand to a degree but the availability of 2,000 tickets per game should mean that everyone outside tier 3 should be offered one every other match. Whether they take up said offer then is really immaterial as not everyone is able to use their ticket every game in normal times. 

There is also the issue that, if, as some posted on here after they'd been at The Valley on Weds, stewards were not asking for identification as we had been led to believe, then this new system will be open to successful fans giving their ticket to A N Other , and although I feel unlikely, to selling on their ticket.....

I honestly cannot believe the club has decided on this policy....and will consider requesting the refund of the full amount of our season tickets if it's definitely adopted as I'd rather spend it on something that is guaranteed as opposed to an ill thought out lottery. 
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Just to say that I've not recieved any emails from the club; either earlier this week or today. Most likely its because I'm in tier 3 (Kent) but if the Government changes Kent to tier 2 before xmas I will be expecting an email for the boxing day match......and a successful one at that !!

I feel your pain @Fanny Fanackapan and believe me, I would be spitting feathers if I were in your shoes.