Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ST holders unable to attend to retain CAFC Cash / Ballot details for Wimbledon & Bristol Rovers p6

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2020
    Charlton & watching games is one of the few things to look forward to since March especially when you're retired & over 70....

Every day is much the same & this "news" today has really hit me hard. 

Seems like we ARE still customers IMO.

And I thought lessons had been learned.....
  • Options
    I thought the trust had been in contact with club earlier this week about tickets?
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    kentred2 said:
    This won’t cover me so just a neutral point if you like, but I think the ballot should be for all this season’s season ticket holders PLUS last years. 
    Decisions not to buy would have been largely because of the ESI ownership and the economics of COVID, both valid reasons not to have bought one. 
    Sorry mate, but that's absolute nonsense. 

Why? Surely it’s all about giving as many fans as possible a chance to watch a match? 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    I don't understand the displeasure. Any ST who wanted to have gone on Wednesday could have gone right? Due to them opening the ballot after we didn't sell out. 
    Have you really thought this out ? ????

You are basically saying that those not successful in the first ballot for last Weds and again not successful again for next Saturday ( like me & my family) are basically 2nd class season ticket holders , and as such won't get first dibs on the seats they'd prefer...How is that a fair process when we ALL paid our money up front before we were "saved" by TS. 

Why should I be happy in saying "Never mind. I'll probably pick up 5 when the dregs are left at the beginning of next week" ? AND this will be more difficult with less still on offer bearing in mind more fans will want to attend a Saturday match.

THIS new rule was not included in the original info we all received/saw on the OS when the process was announced. 

THIS is due, apparently, to fan feedback from the successful ones who could not attend the MKDons game due to lack of childcare or work problems....and who will be in the ballot this time alongside those who were at The Valley on Weds and will likely be there again next Sat ! How can that be a fair and transparent policy ?

So, as it stands, my 5 will be "in the hat" as I prefer to call it, for the Tuesday evening game v Bristol Rovers ...another evening match where children accompanying us will still be at school and will be very late home post match .....but STILL may not be "lucky" ! In fact, there may well be fans who fail to attend ANY home games under the restrictions , all season if they are incredibly unfortunate. How can that be value to any degree for purchasing a season ticket, especially during those very uncertain times last summer ? 

Another pertinent point is that if we have 4,000+ season ticket holders, and 2,000 finally attended the last match, then with 2,000+ non attenders , and a huge number of them residing in tier 3 ( esp Kent) there would inevitably been enough for all those eligible to attend 1 of the first 2 home games under the restrictions. THIS was surely how the system was intended to run ! 

I also note that there was nothing on the successful emails received regarding the new rule re no further rotation....so unless successful s. tkt holders looked at the OS, they would be oblivious of this amendment......

I cannot begin to express how I'm feeling at this moment. After all the plaudits given to our club recently ( and rightly so on the whole) this is totally unacceptable, disrespectful and unworkable. In fact I cannot believe how this was agreed by anyone from the club's SMT ! I am seething and am shaking so badly , I can barely type this. 

I have emailed CAST to ensure that they are aware of this issue and I know they will respond accordingly. 

I trust that those who know me are confident that this is NOT just for me & my group but for ALL fans, especially those with current season tickets and indeed those hoping to be able to purchase soon. I feel as though I have been kicked in the teeth ...something I kind of expected when KM was around but NOT in these halcyon days. 

Spot on Jean
    I was not successful in first ballot for MK but managed to get a ticket in next phase
    I thought stupidly I would get a ticket in the ballot for Wimbledon - but received email to say I hadnt
    The club has got difficult decisions to make here.
    Would love to know what fans suggested doing a random ballot for every game - as someone has said that in theory that some Season T Holders will go to all games whilst some would go to none
    That just cant be right or fair
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    kentred2 said:
    Croydon said:
    kentred2 said:
    This won’t cover me so just a neutral point if you like, but I think the ballot should be for all this season’s season ticket holders PLUS last years. 
    Decisions not to buy would have been largely because of the ESI ownership and the economics of COVID, both valid reasons not to have bought one. 

Why? Surely it’s all about giving as many fans as possible a chance to watch a match? 
    Then they should have purchased a season ticket when you had the opportunity... Those who purchased one did so when the risk was greatest this year so should get priority because they've put their money down

If its surely about giving as many fans as possible to watch a game then you could argue that being the case for any season
  • Options
    kentred2 said:
    Croydon said:
    kentred2 said:

If thats the case, open it up to all registered members and do the points system.. but its not, so it won't. Tbh if Wednesday is anything to go by, anyone with over 100points will get a chance to attend.. which is fair enough. 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    I don't understand the displeasure. Any ST who wanted to have gone on Wednesday could have gone right? Due to them opening the ballot after we didn't sell out. 

You are basically saying that those not successful in the first ballot for last Weds and again not successful again for next Saturday ( like me & my family) are basically 2nd class season ticket holders , and as such won't get first dibs on the seats they'd prefer...How is that a fair process when we ALL paid our money up front before we were "saved" by TS. 

Why should I be happy in saying "Never mind. I'll probably pick up 5 when the dregs are left at the beginning of next week" ? AND this will be more difficult with less still on offer bearing in mind more fans will want to attend a Saturday match.

THIS new rule was not included in the original info we all received/saw on the OS when the process was announced. 

THIS is due, apparently, to fan feedback from the successful ones who could not attend the MKDons game due to lack of childcare or work problems....and who will be in the ballot this time alongside those who were at The Valley on Weds and will likely be there again next Sat ! How can that be a fair and transparent policy ?

So, as it stands, my 5 will be "in the hat" as I prefer to call it, for the Tuesday evening game v Bristol Rovers ...another evening match where children accompanying us will still be at school and will be very late home post match .....but STILL may not be "lucky" ! In fact, there may well be fans who fail to attend ANY home games under the restrictions , all season if they are incredibly unfortunate. How can that be value to any degree for purchasing a season ticket, especially during those very uncertain times last summer ? 

Another pertinent point is that if we have 4,000+ season ticket holders, and 2,000 finally attended the last match, then with 2,000+ non attenders , and a huge number of them residing in tier 3 ( esp Kent) there would inevitably been enough for all those eligible to attend 1 of the first 2 home games under the restrictions. THIS was surely how the system was intended to run ! 

I also note that there was nothing on the successful emails received regarding the new rule re no further rotation....so unless successful s. tkt holders looked at the OS, they would be oblivious of this amendment......

I cannot begin to express how I'm feeling at this moment. After all the plaudits given to our club recently ( and rightly so on the whole) this is totally unacceptable, disrespectful and unworkable. In fact I cannot believe how this was agreed by anyone from the club's SMT ! I am seething and am shaking so badly , I can barely type this. 

I have emailed CAST to ensure that they are aware of this issue and I know they will respond accordingly. 

I trust that those who know me are confident that this is NOT just for me & my group but for ALL fans, especially those with current season tickets and indeed those hoping to be able to purchase soon. I feel as though I have been kicked in the teeth ...something I kind of expected when KM was around but NOT in these halcyon days. 

Spot on Jean
    I was not successful in first ballot for MK but managed to get a ticket in next phase
    I thought stupidly I would get a ticket in the ballot for Wimbledon - but received email to say I hadnt
    The club has got difficult decisions to make here.
    Would love to know what fans suggested doing a random ballot for every game - as someone has said that in theory that some Season T Holders will go to all games whilst some would go to none
    That just cant be right or fair
    Thanks, dear friend. 

I have to say I find it quite unbelievable that some aren't bothered by this latest amendment.

As the National Lottery says " It could be YOU!" ...albeit in a totally different sense. 
  • Options
    kentred2 said:
    Croydon said:
    kentred2 said:

What's the point of season tickets then? Might as well open it up to every one who's ever attended a game in the past 10 years.

It doesn't matter why somebody didn't buy a season ticket, because, at the end of the day, they didn't buy one. Priority has to be given to those who did. 
  • Options
    CatAddick said:
    Embarrassed to say I won both ballots.  I don't agree with what they've done (but not enough to give up my ticket). Got a 1:30pm entry time which is a marginal improvement on 6pm for MK so things are looking rosy in the Cat household
    Congratulations, fellow Lifer.

But as this now stands, you might be attending your 2nd and final match of the season ...

Is this acceptable & fair ? 
    Indeed, I might not win another ballot (which is why I'm grabbing the opportunity).  Much fairer with some kind of rotation algorithm, but one that also allows a fair crack at Saturday games for all.  Not sure how that would work as my maths isn't up to it, maybe some kind of weighting that gives everyone *some* chance every game.  Could give every ST holder 5 entries into the draw and if they won you'd only get 4 entries into the next draw and so on.  Eventually go would run out of tickets and you'd get 5 back again only after everyone else has won, say 3 or 4 
  • Options
    Didn't get one in either ballot but went to MK on second sale. Bearing in mind this season I went to both MK and Doncaster and watched streams of Lincoln and Plymouth I think I am just bad luck and should be barred from any game. From what I have seen I am baffled we are in the top 4.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

As someone else said it wouldn’t be hard (in this day and age) to have 2 spreadsheets (or whatever?) one for midweek games and one for Saturday that are both rotated. Everyone has a turn at both so totally fair. Not rocket science.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

I’ll say again. Every season ticket holder who wanted to go Wednesday could have gone so I don’t get your argument. Really no need to kick up such a fuss over nothing. If you want to go Saturday I’m sure you will be able too. 
  • Options
    Charlton & watching games is one of the few things to look forward to since March especially when you're retired & over 70....

Come on now. You’re angry but don’t go too over the top. The club have done it in what they think is the fairest way, let’s not get silly
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Come on now. You’re angry but don’t go too over the top. The club have done it in what they think is the fairest way, let’s not get silly
    TBH, I think only one of us could be termed "silly"....

Maybe you should google the dictionary meaning of "fair" .
  • Options
    The fans forum wasn’t consulted (just for info) perhaps it was the target 20 group? Perhaps the consulted fans could let us know who they were?
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    J BLOCK said:

TBH, I think only one of us could be termed "silly"....

Maybe you should google the dictionary meaning of "fair" .
    Yep and it’s definitely not the one spitting feathers about a game they could have easily gone too .. 
  • Options
    More great work from our owner. Top man.
    Yeah,  PElliotttttt Tooth Freeman ..... What a guy
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:

I’ll say again. Every season ticket holder who wanted to go Wednesday could have gone so I don’t get your argument. Really no need to kick up such a fuss over nothing. If you want to go Saturday I’m sure you will be able too. 
    Let’s see what groups of 5 there are available at 3pm on Monday then shall we? Or do I put my children in different parts of the ground? Whether there are seats available or not isn’t the problem - it’s the way it’s been managed after ‘guaranteeing’ if we didn’t get picked for Wednesday we would for the next game. 
  • Options
    The system the club operated for the Doncaster game which is similar to what some other clubs are now doing -which was a process based on loyalty points - was to my mind the optimum and fairest way to issue tickets -as those fans who were most loyal would have a chance to get a ticket-if they were quick off the mark.

It also had the advantage of putting the onus on the fans to apply for the ticket if they were interested rather than an act of fate when the club rolls the dice for each game. Arsenal and other sides do it that way.

I accept that there is no idea system for example at Luton their first ballot was for ST holders for the last 10 years although they later put tickets on general sale.

Tier 3 is an issue but I would have thought the best option would be to take Tier 3 ST holders out and use the loyality points as the main determination of who can get a ticket.

We have to bear in mind that when Kent leaves Tier 3 the ballot becomes much trickier if you have 4,800 people going for 2,000 tickets and with a ballot some individuals could be succesful each time and some never succesful - as it is very much a numbers game!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2020
    If they do random ballots between now and the end of the season/restrictions, that should mean that most people will be drawn out roughly the same number of times between now and then. Can see why people are miffed though if the club promised weighted drawings previously.

Law of averages. Some people will get “lucky” and drawn multiple times in a row early, but won’t see a sausage for months on end in the spring. Others will have been unsuccessful now but their time will come where they get 2, 3 or even 4 games in a row after Christmas.

In the end, all season ticket holders will be drawn for the same number games, give or take a couple of games.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    HRBryan said:
    The system the club operated for the Doncaster game which is similar to what some other clubs are now doing -which was a process based on loyalty points - was to my mind the optimum and fairest way to issue tickets -as those fans who were most loyal would have a chance to get a ticket-if they were quick off the mark.

It also had the advantage of putting the onus on the fans to apply for the ticket if they were interested rather than an act of fate when the club rolls the dice for each game. Arsenal and other sides do it that way.

I accept that there is no idea system for example at Luton their first ballot was for ST holders for the last 10 years although they later put tickets on general sale.

Tier 3 is an issue but I would have thought the best option would be to take Tier 3 ST holders out and use the loyality points as the main determination of who can get a ticket.

We have to bear in mind that when Kent leaves Tier 3 the ballot becomes much trickier if you have 4,800 people going for 2,000 tickets and with a ballot some individuals could be succesful each time and some never succesful - as it is very much a numbers game!
    I fully appreciate what you are saying and it makes no difference to me.
    In fact I'd probably be higher up the order if they went along the points route.
    But it can't be correct to offer tickets that have already been sold to non ticket holders.

I think some people forget that S/T holders have already bought the tickets.
    They are not available for a sale or ballot or whatever, unless S/T holders have declined the ticket in exchange for CAFC cash.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Bilko said:
    Just got an email saying I’m not been lucky with the ballot for the Wimbledon game I also wasn’t lucky for the MK Dons game. I can see how this time I wasn’t lucky has I’m not in tier 3 and they are lots of ST holders in these areas who are not in the ballot and supposedly fans who got tickets for MK Dons wouldn’t be in this ballot.
    WTF !!! This is unbelievable !!!

None of my family group of 5 who my acct is linked with were successful for Weds night and now just 1, an under 18 has an email saying she's successful for the 12th match!!!!

This is not on! This non rotation could mean a s tkt holder might NEVER get to see a home match. 

PLEASE TELL ME WHERE TO GO FROM HERE  as I'm just about to blow a fuse.
    Fanny, have you tried logging into the account that then U18 is linked to? I think you’ll be able to associate tickets to all ST holders registered at that address.

Ive yet to receive any email addressed to me.

For MK Dons, Child A received a congratulations one, me and child B nothing.

For Wimbledon, Child B has received an ‘unlucky’ one, me and my child A nothing. 

For MK Dons, I could log into my account and assign tickets for me and Child B. I couldn’t though to my other linked-account  bubble family registered at a separate address.
  • Options
    Thank f@ck I didnt get a season ticket , will see you all on the other side.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:

Let’s see what groups of 5 there are available at 3pm on Monday then shall we? Or do I put my children in different parts of the ground? Whether there are seats available or not isn’t the problem - it’s the way it’s been managed after ‘guaranteeing’ if we didn’t get picked for Wednesday we would for the next game. 
    As mentioned for the third time. You could have easily have gone on Wednesday. 
  • Options
    Fanny, I don't understand why didn't you go on Wednesday?
    As J BLOCK says correctly, every S/T holder not in Tier 3 had the offer to go by CAFC.
    The offer to S/T holders was not fully taken up, so they then went on sale to non S/T holders.
    So no eligible S/T holders were denied the opportunity on Wednesday.
    I don't mean to sound harsh, in case the written word comes across as such.
    I fully appreciate you want to go to the AFC game.
    OK, I've been advised by someone far more sensible than me not to be drawn in by others on here....but I'm an arguementative old girl/git so here goes. 

But, yes, I COULD have purchased a ticket for the MKDons match ....but like many others who were successful but chose not to go AND complained to the club ( allegedly) that it was far too short notice for them , hence getting the policy changed, it was impossible for us as a travelling group/family of 5 to arrange childcare for the non season ticket holding 5 year old on Monday afternoon. 

In addition, the announcement from the club at that point had indicated clearly that the system of balloting season tickets holders would be on a rotation system....

So, having missed out at the earliest possible stage, and with the NEXT match being on a Saturday with "Dad" at home for childcare purposes, there was an extremely high chance of us all going to that one on 12th December. 

Attending as a single entity as opposed to a family of 5 who travelling from deepest, darkest Sussex in one car, is far more straightforward. In the 2nd ballot, there would invariably be fewer seats close together with respect to social distancing.

But why should make  excuses, if that's how you might describe them ? 

ROTATION of invariably less than 4k season ticket holders in tiers 1 & 2 means 2,000 invited to game 1 and 2,000 to game 2. 

Simples !  
  • Options
    Bilko said:
    Just got an email saying I’m not been lucky with the ballot for the Wimbledon game I also wasn’t lucky for the MK Dons game. I can see how this time I wasn’t lucky has I’m not in tier 3 and they are lots of ST holders in these areas who are not in the ballot and supposedly fans who got tickets for MK Dons wouldn’t be in this ballot.

None of my family group of 5 who my acct is linked with were successful for Weds night and now just 1, an under 18 has an email saying she's successful for the 12th match!!!!

This is not on! This non rotation could mean a s tkt holder might NEVER get to see a home match. 

Fanny, have you tried logging into the account that then U18 is linked to? I think you’ll be able to associate tickets to all ST holders registered at that address.

For Wimbledon, Child B has received an ‘unlucky’ one, me and my child A nothing. 

For MK Dons, I could log into my account and assign tickets for me and Child B. I couldn’t though to my other linked-account  bubble family registered at a separate address.
    Thanks for trying to help, Dan.

I tried this as soon as I received my "unsuccessful" email and the 2 grandkids & their Mum COULD purchase 3 tickets on our grand daughter's account, but as we do not live at the same address, would not allow Richard & myself to be added even though we are linked together ! THIS is why I believed we responded to the club's email re our" bubbles" ...but seemingly not so. 

It has been indicated that in order to change your address, you need to present a council tax bill or similar to indicate that this is your correct abode, so for us, unless we physically move in with the family, we're fecked. 

And whilst I'm here, I'll also reflect on A N Other's post regarding points....Both Mr F and myself have over 600 points and I am also a VG member but of course, none of that's worth a fig in this issue. 
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Bilko said:

Thanks for trying to help, Dan.

I tried this as soon as I received my "unsuccessful" email and the 2 grandkids & their Mum COULD purchase 3 tickets on our grand daughter's account, but as we do not live at the same address, would not allow Richard & myself to be added even though we are linked together ! THIS is why I believed we responded to the club's email re our" bubbles" ...but seemingly not so. 

It has been indicated that in order to change your address, you need to present a council tax bill or similar to indicate that this is your correct abode, so for us, unless we physically move in with the family, we're fecked. 

And whilst I'm here, I'll also reflect on A N Other's post regarding points....Both Mr F and myself have over 600 points and I am also a VG member but of course, none of that's worth a fig in this issue. 
    Perhaps e mail the ticket office or call them when they open on Monday at 1pm?
    Maybe your group are entitled without you realising.
    It sounds like 3 of the 5 of you have been successful.
    Good luck.
  • Options
    Ok, so of your 5, 3 have been successful in this ballot, as they are from the same household. Frustrating but I do kind of understand the difficulty in all this as just a few days ago there were rules in place which meant no household mixing. 

Our account linked family were similarly not been picked both times, but they managed to pick up tickets on day 2 for the MK Dons game. 

If if I could suggest anything and you really want to sit together get the three to buy three tickets just before the deadline ends in a part of the seating plan where there is high availability, ie not on the halfway line. Then when you are able when the phase 2 opens you should be able to get the others by them

If that’s still too much of a risk for you, don’t get any in phase 1 and do your 2 separate purchases at the same time in phase 2. 

Good luck 
  • Options
    Fanny, I don't understand why didn't you go on Wednesday?
    As J BLOCK says correctly, every S/T holder not in Tier 3 had the offer to go by CAFC.
    The offer to S/T holders was not fully taken up, so they then went on sale to non S/T holders.
    So no eligible S/T holders were denied the opportunity on Wednesday.
    I don't mean to sound harsh, in case the written word comes across as such.
    I fully appreciate you want to go to the AFC game.
    OK, I've been advised by someone far more sensible than me not to be drawn in by others on here....but I'm an arguementative old girl/git so here goes. 

But, yes, I COULD have purchased a ticket for the MKDons match ....but like many others who were successful but chose not to go AND complained to the club ( allegedly) that it was far too short notice for them , hence getting the policy changed, it was impossible for us as a travelling group/family of 5 to arrange childcare for the non season ticket holding 5 year old on Monday afternoon. 

In addition, the announcement from the club at that point had indicated clearly that the system of balloting season tickets holders would be on a rotation system....

So, having missed out at the earliest possible stage, and with the NEXT match being on a Saturday with "Dad" at home for childcare purposes, there was an extremely high chance of us all going to that one on 12th December. 

Attending as a single entity as opposed to a family of 5 who travelling from deepest, darkest Sussex in one car, is far more straightforward. In the 2nd ballot, there would invariably be fewer seats close together with respect to social distancing.

But why should make  excuses, if that's how you might describe them ? 

ROTATION of invariably less than 4k season ticket holders in tiers 1 & 2 means 2,000 invited to game 1 and 2,000 to game 2. 

Simples !  
    Well said !!