Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Grand National 2021

Comments

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    MrOneLung said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Alpha des Obeaux at 50/1

Discorama at 25/1

Minellacelebration at 80/1

waiting for the wife, kids and mother in law to choose theirs. Hopefully they pick some of peanuts other choices ! 
    Well they have gone 

chris’s dream (mother in laws name - well it worked at Cheltenham)

Mister Malarkey

Double Shuffle

Balko de Flos 

Get in Balko. 125/1 with Bobs lot. 
    Many congrats @MrOneLung - so close to winning - brilliant pick.
  • Options
    Thanks @PeanutsMolloy I love this thread 

Again though as soon as I see a horse drop I stop caring about who wins and remember why I'm not into horse racing 
  • Options
    £5 @ 11-1 on Minella Times. Cheers Mr Molloy!
  • Options
    Thanks once again @PeanutsMolloy. Mostly a lurker on this discussion, but I am in awe of your work. 
  • Options
    CHG said:
    @PeanutsMolloy, that is about 10 pints I owe you now...
    LOL, drink 'em for me pal.
    3 great points as well   :)
    Thanks for having confidence in my model for so many years.
    Cheers

What a day today has been!!
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Thanks Peanuts and everyone.
    Minella Times brings home the bacon.
    I backed him twice, with Bet365 on the half money back offer & again with Betfred on the 8 places offer.
    Plus Forclas 5th & Discorama 7th in Betfred's 8 places offer. £140 profit.

I think as Peanuts comes up with a number of selections, the art to winning is to back them all at the best way possible, ie using early bets at higher odds, using Bet365's half money back & Betfred's 8 places. 
    It's not possible to work out which 3 of 8 will be "winners".
  • Options
    Well done to @PeanutsMolloy again. 
    Can’t wait for next year !
  • Options
    £40 of fine English Sterling on the superb Rachel Blackmore on Minella Times, enjoy your Saturdays charlton lifers.
  • Options
    Feasted after Cheltenham, now baked beans until May!

Well done on solving the puzzle again @PeanutsMolloy... looking forward to your post race analysis
  • Options
    Thank you Peanut for your analysis! No winner for me this year but really enjoy this thread and the detail is pretty unbelievable, there’s always next year 👏
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks Peanuts - backed your main 6 with exception of Cloth Cap who was just too short odds.  Turns out Minella Times was the one I backed the least but broke even so happy with that.
  • Options
    Thanks as ever @PeanutsMolloy, always brilliant reading. Backed Minella Times at an opportune 12s and Any Second Now along with Burrows Saint will cover the call to Just Eat. Rachael is just truly incredible, de Bromhead's training performance over the last few weeks more so. Can't wait for Punchestown now. 
  • Options
    Thanks again Peanuts - don't comment much as a consumer rather than contributor of useful information, but have thoroughly enjoyed following this thread once again, bonus of a teeny little profit having missed on those juicy early odds on Minella Times. Ah, what could have been with Minellacelebration!

Next year will be watching like a hawk for those early antepost shouts :)
  • Options
    Load of rubbish for me the whole aintree festival, shocking today that 12 of the 15 finishers were Irish trained, 3 out of 22 British horses finished - awful 
  • Options
    Carter said:
    Thanks @PeanutsMolloy I love this thread 

Again though as soon as I see a horse drop I stop caring about who wins and remember why I'm not into horse racing 
    Many thanks for posting @Carter
    I am glad you enjoyed the thread but I totally understand your comment.  

• Options
    £5 @ 11-1 on Minella Times. Cheers Mr Molloy!
    @Clem_Snide
    Very glad you were on.
    Cheers
  • Options
    Thanks once again @PeanutsMolloy. Mostly a lurker on this discussion, but I am in awe of your work. 
    Cheers @ChicagoAddick
    You're very kind but nowt to be in awe of. It's just a weird little hobby  :)
    But I do appreciate your comment.  
  • Options
    Thanks Peanuts and everyone.
    Minella Times brings home the bacon.
    I backed him twice, with Bet365 on the half money back offer & again with Betfred on the 8 places offer.
    Plus Forclas 5th & Discorama 7th in Betfred's 8 places offer. £140 profit.

I think as Peanuts comes up with a number of selections, the art to winning is to back them all at the best way possible, ie using early bets at higher odds, using Bet365's half money back & Betfred's 8 places. 
    It's not possible to work out which 3 of 8 will be "winners".
    Nice one to have Disco for 7, many congrats @Covered End
    You're absolutely right and that's exactly my strategy, cos all my model can do (at best) is identify what horses could win. There's so many variables I back all the top rated e/w as early as poss and, importantly, scale the bets so that I'm broadly indifferent as to which one scores. Though I would have hit the jackpot if Minellacelebration had come home in front - given the Irish domination, that's improbable but it would have been fun to see him in contention nearer the business end, as I really think he could have been.
    You just don't know which are going to F, UR, get BD or have an off-day or just get unlucky. 
    2 of my top 7 URd, Kimberlite probably found the going a tad quick but got hampered twice anyway, Cloth Cap had a wind problem and PUd when seemingly going well and I suspect Disco may have as well. And truth be told, anyone backing Any Second Now would feel mighty unlucky as he was very badly hampered - mind you, I've been on the wrong end of that in other years.
    That's why I try to flag them up early because you can get on most of them at prices that make it economic to back the lot.
    Glad you scored a nice return.
    Cheers

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well done to @PeanutsMolloy again. 
    Can’t wait for next year !
    Cheers @Valiantphil
    Much appreciated.
    Got a bit of working out of those places to do but will be back ready to roll again before the Becher. 
    COYR
  • Options

Well done on solving the puzzle again @PeanutsMolloy... looking forward to your post race analysis
    Cheers @ISawLeaburnScore
    Delighted to have the winner but very relieved since Disco was the next best of mine in 7th and have to accept it was a tad fortunate in light of Any Second Now's misfortune.
    So great to cop a reasonable return but plenty to work on model-wise and I will post some thoughts shortly.
    It was a very odd race. You accept the Irish are dominant right now but, even so, virtually all the fancied British horses were not just beaten but (bar Cloth Cap) were never in the race. 
    Plenty to ponder.
    Thanks for your contributions to the thread. Always thought-provoking and astute. Sorry you didn't get the rub of the green today.

• Options
    domjoy said:
    Thank you Peanut for your analysis! No winner for me this year but really enjoy this thread and the detail is pretty unbelievable, there’s always next year 👏
    Glad you enjoyed it @domjoy
    Much appreciate your kind comment. At least my ramblings weren't entirely a load of old hooey this year but we'll try and do better still next time.
    Cheers.
  • Options
    Thanks Peanuts - backed your main 6 with exception of Cloth Cap who was just too short odds.  Turns out Minella Times was the one I backed the least but broke even so happy with that.
    Many thanks for your confidence @Athletico Charlton
    Much appreciated. Tricky one in that his price collapsed so quickly after Cheltenham. 
    I'm sorry the other 5 didn't cut the mustard for various reasons today but glad you broke even.
    We'll try and get the forecast next year   :)
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Thanks as ever @PeanutsMolloy, always brilliant reading. Backed Minella Times at an opportune 12s and Any Second Now along with Burrows Saint will cover the call to Just Eat. Rachael is just truly incredible, de Bromhead's training performance over the last few weeks more so. Can't wait for Punchestown now. 
    Nice one with those 3 @Rock Spectacle 
    Many congrats.
    Glad you enjoyed the thread.
    Fantastic trainer and jockey - and a great horse and only an 8yo!
    Cheers

• Options
    Thanks again Peanuts - don't comment much as a consumer rather than contributor of useful information, but have thoroughly enjoyed following this thread once again, bonus of a teeny little profit having missed on those juicy early odds on Minella Times. Ah, what could have been with Minellacelebration!

Next year will be watching like a hawk for those early antepost shouts :)
    Glad you've enjoyed the thread @Oh_Yoni_Boy
    and well done for being on Minella Times - it was such a drag his price collapsed with the de Bromhead/Blackmore factor so quickly after Cheltenham but glad you were on anyway.
    I was absolutely gutted when Minellacelebration URd - it was so bloody soft and he was going so nicely. OK very early days and I'm not going to pretend he would have beaten off that phalanx of Irish horses at the finish but I honestly believe he'd have given us a seriously fun run for our money - AGH!!!!
    I will try to flag them up again early next year.
    In the meantime, all the best
    Cheers
  • Options
    Had a small interest early , but only after your comments thanks Peanuts..
    Nice one @ralphmilne
    Many thanks for the vote of confidence and many congrats for snaffling him early.
    Cheers

• Options
    Ben Poste, Minellacelebration, (UR 11th): “I was having a great time until I fell off him!”

:'( 
  • Options

Cheers @ISawLeaburnScore
    Delighted to have the winner but very relieved since Disco was the next best of mine in 7th and have to accept it was a tad fortunate in light of Any Second Now's misfortune.
    So great to cop a reasonable return but plenty to work on model-wise and I will post some thoughts shortly.
    It was a very odd race. You accept the Irish are dominant right now but, even so, virtually all the fancied British horses were not just beaten but (bar Cloth Cap) were never in the race. 
    Plenty to ponder.
    Thanks for your contributions to the thread. Always thought-provoking and astute. Sorry you didn't get the rub of the green today.

Thanks for the kind words. An odd one, sat on a slip with Discorama, Mister Malarky, Takingrisks and Farclas all backed at 33s and bigger to see them priced sub 20s before the off - should have layed the lot!

The Irish stats today were incredible, as they were at Cheltenham too obviously. Looks like the domination is set to continue as well when you look at the novice and juvenile ranks.