Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Grand National 2021

Comments

• Options
    Cloth Cap won the virtual. Complete waste of time.
    I suppose it's not surprising that the top 5 in the betting, were the first 5 home. 
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    My final selections are (in order):

Discorama
    Magic of Light
    Mister Malarky
    Alpha Des Obeaux
    Takingrisks
    Farclas (who I intend to lay back on as I took on a price position when I don't particularly fancy him to stay)

Heartened to see all of the above have shortened since.

And an ante post on The Storyteller already in the bin...

On the basis that the next in line is Milan Native and I'm going to lay back on Farclas, I suspect that's the forecast right there!

Good luck everyone and thanks to @PeanutsMolloy for an absolute wealth of knowledge in the last few months - looking forward to it starting all over again in the Winter!
  • Options
    edited April 2021

Wow. Who’d have thought?  :)

Cloth Cap
    Kimberlite Candy
    Any Second Now
    Burrows Saint
    Minella Times
    Lord Du Mesnil
    Takingrisks

Phenomenally boring that the Virtual first 5 are all <16/1 but obviously I’d be more than with 1st 2nd and 5th. 

Putting my model to the test, its first 12 home:

Magic Of Light
    Discorama
    Cloth Cap
    Minella Times
    Minellacelebration 
    Kimberlite Candy
    Alpha Des Obeaux
    Acapella Bourgeois
    Give Me A Copper
    Vieux Lion Rouge
    Any Second Now
    Yala Enki

• Options
    Pick; taking risks 22/1 - won me a lot on scots GN. Tough sort. heart rules brain.

notable mention; Anibele fly 28/1 loves it here and is well in at the weights. Could be his year? 

Overpriced? : blacklion 60/1 and 10/1 the place has had bad luck and goes well at aintree? 

• Options

Cloth Cap
    Kimberlite Candy
    Any Second Now
    Burrows Saint
    Minella Times
    Lord Du Mesnil
    Takingrisks
    Alpha Des Obeaux
    Sub Lieutenant 

Phenomenally boring that the Virtual first 5 are all <16/1 but obviously I’d be more than with 1st 2nd and 5th. 

Magic Of Light
    Discorama
    Cloth Cap
    Minella Times
    Minellacelebration 
    Kimberlite Candy
    Alpha Des Obeaux
    Acapella Bourgeois
    Give Me A Copper
    Vieux Lion Rouge
    Any Second Now
    Yala Enki

I watched the end of the Virtual a few times and whilst it's neither here nor there, I think they said Alpha & Sub Lieutenant weren't 8th & 9th, but the last 2 home.
  • Options
    My final selections are (in order):

Discorama
    Magic of Light
    Mister Malarky
    Alpha Des Obeaux
    Takingrisks
    Farclas (who I intend to lay back on as I took on a price position when I don't particularly fancy him to stay)

Heartened to see all of the above have shortened since.

And an ante post on The Storyteller already in the bin...

On the basis that the next in line is Milan Native and I'm going to lay back on Farclas, I suspect that's the forecast right there!

Good luck everyone and thanks to @PeanutsMolloy for an absolute wealth of knowledge in the last few months - looking forward to it starting all over again in the Winter!
    Cheers @ISawLeaburnScore
    Hope the end product of my musings isn’t entirely a load of old hooey.
    Time will tell.
    Best of luck with your team - looks a goody.
  • Options
    edited April 2021

Cloth Cap
    Kimberlite Candy
    Any Second Now
    Burrows Saint
    Minella Times
    Lord Du Mesnil
    Takingrisks
    Alpha Des Obeaux
    Sub Lieutenant 

Magic Of Light
    Discorama
    Cloth Cap
    Minella Times
    Minellacelebration 
    Kimberlite Candy
    Alpha Des Obeaux
    Acapella Bourgeois
    Give Me A Copper
    Vieux Lion Rouge
    Any Second Now
    Yala Enki

I watched the end of the Virtual a few times and whilst it's neither here nor there, I think they said Alpha & Sub Lieutenant weren't 8th & 9th, but the last 2 home.
    Thanks for that @Covered End
    I misheard.
  • Options
    Looks like there might be a few tears on here if Magic of Light doesn't at least place!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kind of fancy bryony today on yala. 
  • Options
    Nicholas said:
    So funny.

"He came out clean but he was never the same!"

Curbs has a new career in the making.

• Options
    RedBuddha said:
    @PeanutsMolloy For years I have followed your threads and as a "lurker" I never post comments. Just wanted to thank you for the huge effort you go to share your model every year. I have had multiple wins over the years down to you & your research. I've had tons of messages this morning to ask what horses I am on - But always give you credit !! So thanks a lot once again and hope you end the day as a huge winner. Best of luck all! 

Keep your powder dry until 5.30 today. If it goes tits up, Peanuts will be having a visit from H.
  • Options
    I have followed @PeanutsMolloy recommendations today and my bet slip (paying top 6 places) on Sky Bet has the following selections-:

Cloth Cap 11/2
    Minella Times 9/1
    Magic Of Light 16/1
    Discorama @ 20/1
    Kimberlite Candy @ 16/1
    Minellacelebration @ 80/1

Mrs RM is going to give me her 'picks' later on.

• Options
    edited April 2021
    I have followed @PeanutsMolloy recommendations today and my bet slip (paying top 6 places) on Sky Bet has the following selections-:

Cloth Cap 11/2
    Minella Times @ 9/1
    Magic Of Light @ 16/1
    Discorama @ 20/1
    Kimberlite Candy @ 16/1
    Minellacelebration @ 80/1

Mrs RM is going to give me her 'picks' later on.

Been a devil and gone for all 8 of @PeanutsMolloy's tips - leaving a couple of bob for my missus tips of Shattered Love and Give me a Copper.
  • Options
    RedBuddha said:
    @PeanutsMolloy For years I have followed your threads and as a "lurker" I never post comments. Just wanted to thank you for the huge effort you go to share your model every year. I have had multiple wins over the years down to you & your research. I've had tons of messages this morning to ask what horses I am on - But always give you credit !! So thanks a lot once again and hope you end the day as a huge winner. Best of luck all! 
    Cheers @RedBuddha
    You're very kind. I'm glad there's a reserve to draw on ......... but don't worry about mentioning me to those acquaintances of yours .........

:)

all the best 

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Bit of a surprise.
    Paddy Power spokesman Paul Binfield said: “Definitly Red is the worst result in our book at the moment“

Been backed into 40s from 66/1 this morning.
    Takingrisks continues to be popular. Into14s.
    33s not too shabby @ISawLeaburnScore
    Nice one.

Mister Malarky in to 16s and nibbles for Acapella Bourgeois, Talkischeap and Give Me A Copper 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Takingrisks and got on before the price shortened drastically!!
  • Options
    Gone with;
    Cloth Cap 11-2
    Discorama 16-1
    Alpha DE Obeaux 80-1
    Fardas 22-1
    Magic of Light 14-1
    Kimberlite Candy 16-1
    Chriss Dream 50-1 (my sons name is Chris)

Don't normally do this many but found some money in my PP account from last year !
  • Options
    Thanks for your usual excellent National thread, gone for Minella Times and Kimberlite Candy.
  • Options
    Alpha des Obeaux at 50/1

Discorama at 25/1

Minellacelebration at 80/1

waiting for the wife, kids and mother in law to choose theirs. Hopefully they pick some of peanuts other choices ! 
  • Options
    Best of luck to you @PeanutsMolloy and thanks for everything, this has grown to be so many people’s favourite aspect of this community over the years.

I’ve avoided Cloth Cap at the price so hope that tanks but you clean up on the others. Minellacelebration would most certainly bring some celebration! 
    It's official folks. Cloth Cap's the winner   :D

Cheers @AFKABartram

Fingers crossed.
  • Options
    I'm on all 8 of Peanut's selections.
    I'd avoided Cloth Cap but decided he was bound to win if he was the only one I hadn't backed. 
  • Options
    Discorama, Minellacelebration, Vieux Lion Rouge, Kimberlite Candy all e/w
  • Options
    No clue on how to select horses. Definitely Red for Charlton gives some insight into my methods. Gone with;

Definitely Red
    Blaklion
    Canelo
    Minella Times
    Shattered Love
    Magic of Light
    Minellacelebration

Missus picked;

Taking Risks 14
    Mister Malarkey 18
  • Options
    Bit of a surprise.
    Paddy Power spokesman Paul Binfield said: “Definitly Red is the worst result in our book at the moment“

Been backed into 40s from 66/1 this morning.
    Takingrisks continues to be popular. Into14s.
    33s not too shabby @ISawLeaburnScore
    Nice one.

Mister Malarky in to 16s and nibbles for Acapella Bourgeois, Talkischeap and Give Me A Copper 
    I guess the name must appeal to the public?

I thought he was a good each way poke at 40 or 33 but one firm have put him down to 12/1 now!

His last race was 40/1 in a 13 runner handicap at Doncaster - admittedly he won and beat a goodun but the price is down to a level I'm now tempted to lay back on!