Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Grand National 2021

Comments

• Options
    F*ck you Bob. Straight to the top of the mod Watch List 
    There's a mod watch list.
    Glad I'm not on it 😁
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    F*ck you Bob. Straight to the top of the mod Watch List 

We do the same offer every year!!
    He waits, finger hovering over button, till you've placed your bets @AFKABartram

Not true - I allow a discrete amount of time after AFKA has placed his bets before hitting the button. It would be too obvious otherwise!
  • Options
    So I am better cashing out my 100/1 Minellacelebration e/w bet and placing the same amount at 80/1 then replacing all the 50% refunds on the same horse until I get down to a few pennies as overall I would get a better return I think?
  • Options
    So I am better cashing out my 100/1 Minellacelebration e/w bet and placing the same amount at 80/1 then replacing all the 50% refunds on the same horse until I get down to a few pennies as overall I would get a better return I think?
    yeah i am guessing i might aswell do this, seems a bit silly any existing ones aren't applied the same way. Maybe its not possible, but a right ball ache, i am sure there are the reasons eg. declared runners etc
  • Options
    My selections for todays Aintree runners-

14.20 - Adagio 5/4
    14.50 - Waiting Patiently 10/3
    15.05 - Flanagans Field 15/2
    15.25 - McFabulous 11/2
    16.05 - Cat Tiger 13/2
    16.40 - Getaway Trump 8/1

Done them as e/w doubles and an e/w acca.

• Options
      edited April 2021
      Just to emphasise one statlet that many are already aware of.

In the last 4 GNs, Irish-trained runners have represented 38% of the total fields.
      But, they've contributed 3 of the 4 winners of course and 65% of the horses finishing 1~5.

In the last 2 GNs, only 2 non-Irish trained runners made the first 5 home (closest being 4th).

Coming on the back of the Irish supremacy at Cheltenham, if you're weighing alternative last minute fancies, it might be worth bearing that in mind.
    • Options

In the last 4 GNs, Irish-trained runners have represented 38% of the total fields.
      But, they've contributed 3 of the 4 winners of course and 65% of the horses finishing 1~5.

In the last 2 GNs, only 2 non-Irish trained runners made the first 5 home (closest being 4th).

Coming on the back of the Irish supremacy at Cheltenham, if you're weighing alternative last minute fancies, it might be worth bearing that in mind.

To think certain individuals think Irish horses are badly handicapped when they come over. But, more to the point, others actually listen to them and put in print the garbage spouted by them!
    • Options
      Looks like The Storyteller could be coming out... Lay price on Betfair has hit 60
    • Options
      bobmunro said:
      did I see somewhere that Betfred are offering e/W 8 places for bets placed tomorrow and Friday? 
      I've not seen that anywhere & it's not advertised, not that they would advertise it as no one would place any bets today.
      I don't recall anyone paying 8 places, usually 7 is the max.
      Nobody beats the bet365 offer!!
      Anyone who allows me 66p or over will!
      Bet365 (if you're a mug)
      Bet£3.65 (if there's a chance you ever look like you might show a small profit)

• Options
      edited April 2021
      Hot-jock Jody McGarvey gets the leg up on Alpha Des Obeaux 
    • Sponsored links:

• Options
      Looks like The Storyteller could be coming out... Lay price on Betfair has hit 60
      The Storyteller is indeed out. More inside info layers. Blaklion in.
    • Options
      @PeanutsMolloy

can we have a short summary of your picks please ?
    • Options
      I backed Canelo at 109/1 and Shattered Love at 94/1 and part layed them for no loss if they lose and a few hundred pounds if they win. My main bet is Magic of Light each way and i couldn't resist Peanuts Minellacellebration each way.
    • Options

that's why this year I am only backing Irish

TODAY ? .. Nostalgic & hopeful ;.. Buveur D'Air & Tiger Roll e/w double  B)
    • Options
      @PeanutsMolloy I presume we're talking early doors Saturday for your final selections? Thanks as ever for my favourite thread of the year
    • Options
      How comes it was suggested Le Breuil wont run? He is still available in the betting and not really sure where that has come from when i put him the other day someone said he wasn't running, Any ideas? i assumed they are all locked in now. 
    • Options
      edited April 2021
      dmjn said:
      @PeanutsMolloy I presume we're talking early doors Saturday for your final selections? Thanks as ever for my favourite thread of the year
      The ones above are they @dmjn unless the heavens open - not forecast.
      Glad you've enjoyed the thread and hope your choices (and mine!) bring home the bacon.
    • Options
      edited April 2021
      My selections for todays Aintree runners-

14.20 - Adagio 5/4
      14.50 - Waiting Patiently 10/3
      15.05 - Flanagans Field 15/2
      15.25 - McFabulous 11/2
      16.05 - Cat Tiger 13/2
      16.40 - Getaway Trump 8/1

Done them as e/w doubles and an e/w acca.

My own fancies for Aintree day 1:

13:45 - Fusil Raffles 3/1
        14:20 - Adagio 11/8
        14:50 - Clondaw Castle 6/1
        15:25 - Silver Streak 16/1 EW
        16:05 - Sametegal 13/2. Tango De Juilley 20/1 EW
        16:40 - Gaelik Coast 20/1 EW, Editeur De Gite 10/1 EW
        17:15 - Elle Est Belle 3/1
      • Sponsored links:

• Options
        How comes it was suggested Le Breuil wont run? He is still available in the betting and not really sure where that has come from when i put him the other day someone said he wasn't running, Any ideas? i assumed they are all locked in now. 
        He was nowhere near the top 40. He couldn't possibly have got in with such a low weight.
      • Options
        The horse shouldn't be available to back with any bookmaker. 
      • Options
        It is a marketing trick. They let you bet on anything. They know they will have to refund you but most people will use the refund to bet on something else instead of withdrawing it.
      • Options
        edited April 2021
        Betfred doing 8 places 1/5 odds.
        Alwaysneil called it.
      • Options
        edited April 2021
        He was nowhere near the top 40. He couldn't possibly have got in with such a low weight.
        Thanks guys, i did find it odd it was still available so didn't want to strike off when i put all my bets back on due to the Bet365 offer. 

Edit its voided now.... 
      • Options
        I'm on Minella Times, Kimberlite Candy, Discorama, Magic of Light, Forclas, Some Neck, Alpha Des Obeaux and Minellacelebration.
        Some bets placed weeks ago at better prices on Bet365, some placed today with Bet365's money back offer, and some on Betfred with 8 places.
        What could possibly go wrong?

Thanks Peanuts.
      • Options
        I'm on Minella Times, Kimberlite Candy, Discorama, Magic of Light, Forclas, Some Neck, Alpha Des Obeaux and Minellacelebration.
        Some bets placed weeks ago at better prices on Bet365, some placed today with Bet365's money back offer, and some on Betfred with 8 places.
        What could possibly go wrong?

Thanks Peanuts.

Best keep the thanks in reserve till 5.25 on Saturday. Thanks for your vote of confidence - much appreciated.
        Fingers crossed.
      • Options
        If Minellacelebration wins, the drinks are on me.