Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

🎄CHRISTMAS TV FILM WATCH 2020 🎅

Comments

• Options
    A fair amount of these films are on Sky Movies/Premiere/Action/Cinema etc.
    I'm hazarding a guess that that the majority of CL don't have these channels, even if it's a 51% majority.
    As I did with the Lockdown film thread in March  I said I would do the first three on freeview and the next three on Satellite/Cable or Streaming services so there is always at least three film recommendations that anyone can see
    Unless they haven't got a telly.
    Then I suggest this thread is probably not for them ! 
  • Options
    watched Revenant the other night, thought it was very good and gripping.
  • Options
    Watched clash of the titans (eighties) on the beeb yesterday.

Not seen it for donkeys years. My boys had a bit of a giggle.at the effects but still loved it.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    watched Revenant the other night, thought it was very good and gripping.
    Great film.and very informative.
     If you're ever stuck in a forest in the midst of winter with a dead horse clogging up the place, you now know what to do with it!
  • Options
    Iplayer has a ton of films on at the moment if anyone fancies having a browse.
  • Options
    Watched clash of the titans (eighties) on the beeb yesterday.

Not seen it for donkeys years. My boys had a bit of a giggle.at the effects but still loved it.
    I watched it every year as a kid but caught some of it yesterday.

It hasn’t aged well ! 
  • Options
    Plus side boob at that time of the evening!
  • Options

CHRISTMAS EVE 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2.35PM              -            CHANNEL 4             -              IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE     ( Recommended film of the day)

4.15PM              -            BBC 1                    -                PADDINGTON 2  

9.00PM             -             5STAR                   -               THELMA & LOUISE

10.00PM            -            SKY CINEMA THRILLER                       -               JOKER 

10.00PM            -            SKY CINEMA MUSICALS                       -              YESTERDAY

10.50PM            -            SKY CINEMA SCI-FI / HORROR             -            ALIEN: THE DIRECTORS CUT

• Options
    Wooh, there’s some good ones there, difficult choice to choose one, but I’ll go for Thelma and Louise. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My top 3 Christmas films:

It’s a wonderful life
    White Christmas
    Miracle on 34th street.

honourable mention for Elf.
  • Options
    Phantom Thread last night was strange. Well acted but weird ending. 

Also finally got to watch Casablanca all the way through. So many classic lines, although 2 of the most famous are often misquoted. Also think if it was made after the war (instead of in 1942) I think the references to Concentration camps being similar to just being locked up might have been omitted.

Wrapping presents this afternoon watching Its a Wonderful Life and then The Snowman. Christmas is finally here  !!
  • Options
    Phantom Thread last night was strange. Well acted but weird ending. 

Also finally got to watch Casablanca all the way through. So many classic lines, although 2 of the most famous are often misquoted. Also think if it was made after the war (instead of in 1942) I think the references to Concentration camps being similar to just being locked up might have been omitted.

Wrapping presents this afternoon watching Its a Wonderful Life and then The Snowman. Christmas is finally here  !!
    Hope you have a good one , golfie x 
  • Options
    Christmas chronicles 2 for us tonight
  • Options
    That’s one that annoyingly the whole extended family watched the other week while I was cooking Sunday roast. They all said it was really really good. 
  • Options

CHRISTMAS DAY 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

11.35AM                -                  BBC 2               -                SINGING IN THE RAIN 

8.00PM                  -                  ITV 2                -                SPECTRE 

9.00PM                  -                  5STAR               -               A FEW GOOD MEN

9.00PM                  -                SKY MOVIES HITS          -           ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD

(Recommended film of the day)

5.50PM                  -                 SKY MOVIES SCI-FI/HORROR            -            JAWS 

12.40AM                -                 SKY MOVIES COMEDY                 -       PLANES , TRAINS & AUTOMOBILES

• Options
    Can I interrupt the excellent suggestions to say that I would not watch the Netflix film with George Clooney released yesterday (The Midnight Sky). 

Parts of it were ok but overall goes in the fucking terrible shit bucket for me and my son. Stay away. 
  • Options
    That’s one that annoyingly the whole extended family watched the other week while I was cooking Sunday roast. They all said it was really really good. 
     A good one for Christmas Eve. Very enjoyable.
  • Options
    A Few Good Men.  Demi Moore in uniform.  I'll leave it there.

Singing in the Rain. I hate musicals but even I enjoyed this.

Spectre.  Standard Bond done well.
  • Options
    BBC4 23.05 tonight. Florence Foster Jenkins. Really enjoyable biopic.

Missus had me watching "The Night Before" on Amazon Prime last night. Added to the very slim list of films we have given up on, absolute jank.   
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Watched Elf last night, hopefully going to watch it’s a wonderful life today.
  • Options

CHRISTMAS DAY 

11.35AM                -                  BBC 2               -                SINGING IN THE RAIN 

8.00PM                  -                  ITV 2                -                SPECTRE 

9.00PM                  -                  5STAR               -               A FEW GOOD MEN

9.00PM                  -                SKY MOVIES HITS          -           ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD

5.50PM                  -                 SKY MOVIES SCI-FI/HORROR            -            JAWS 

12.40AM                -                 SKY MOVIES COMEDY                 -       PLANES , TRAINS & AUTOMOBILES

Can't believe you missed out Some Like It Hot. Sacrilege. One of the best films EVER.
  • Options
    Watched Elf last night, hopefully going to watch it’s a wonderful life today.
    3/4 of the way through this right now. Love it. Missus is in pieces as usual. She'll be cooking sprouts through the tears. 
  • Options
    Sorry if wrong or there’s a thread already, anyone found a way of streaming WW84?
  • Options
    @Bedsaddick How could you leave out Some Like It Hot and Ice Cold in Alex, the two best films on today by a country mile?
  • Options
    @Bedsaddick How could you leave out Some Like It Hot and Ice Cold in Alex, the two best films on today by a country mile?
    Ice Cold in Alex is a terrific film 
  • Options

CHRISTMAS DAY 

Can't believe you missed out Some Like It Hot. Sacrilege. One of the best films EVER.
    You’ve just recommended it . Well done 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Ice Cold in Alex is a terrific film 
    Seconded.
  • Options

CHRISTMAS DAY 

You’ve just recommended it . Well done 
    And Chitty Chity Bang Bang.
  • Options
    I’ve recommended Some Like It Hot many times before as for Ice Cold In Alice - I’ve never seen it so I can’t recommend it.