Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

🎄CHRISTMAS TV FILM WATCH 2020 🎅

12346»

Comments

• Options
    stonemuse said:
    Hunt for the Wilderpeople is so good 
    Really good, great choice Beds.

Which Italian Job is it?
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Which Italian Job is it?
    Always the original 
    Same as Get Carter.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Which Italian Job is it?
    Always the original 
    Same as Get Carter.
    Yes . The Stallone remake is a terrible film. 
  • Options
    I don't mind the Italian Job remake, completely agree on Get Carter though, remake was absolutely woeful. 
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    watched Godfather after many years absence, really didn't rate it that much oddly having been a fan years ago, seem to recall the second one being much better, will give that a go and take a view, recall the third one being pony. Also watched untouchables which I do have a big soft spot for, which I thought was a far better movie than TGF.
  • Options
    razil said:
    watched Godfather after many years absence, really didn't rate it that much oddly having been a fan years ago, seem to recall the second one being much better, will give that a go and take a view, recall the third one being pony. Also watched untouchables which I do have a big soft spot for, which I thought was a far better movie than TGF.
    I think the first film is not quite as good as everyone thinks and the third isn't as bad as people say. The second is indeed the masterpiece. 
  • Options
    2nd one is defo better. Always has been.

Cheers for the heads up on point break last night Beds. Don’t  know why, but I really like that film!
  • Options

NEW YEARS EVE 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

9.00PM               -               ITV            -                SKYFALL

9.00PM               -               ITV 2         -                HOT FUZZ  ( Recommended film of the day)

11.15PM             -               FILM 4       -               WITHNAIL & I 

2.15PM               -               SKY CINEMA FIVE STAR         -           ROMAN HOLIDAY 

6.05PM               -              SKY CINEMA ACTION              -            LETHAL WEAPON 

9.00PM              -                SKY CINEMA THRILLER          -           BLOOD DIAMOND 

• Options
    Blood Diamond is a cracking film.

I don’t get the love for Withnail & I though. Probably Just a bit too high brow for me!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Little late to this. Had seen Hunt for the Wilderpeople before and thought it was a great film.  Have just caught up tonight with the one that was on Film4 before this last night.  Chef with Jon Favreau was a really entertaining film. Love the soundtrack too. 
  • Options
    Skyfall, Hot Fuzz and Blood Diamond all make a strong case 

All score highly as excellent films with beginnings, middles and ends 
  • Options
    Boom said:

Cheers for the heads up on point break last night Beds. Don’t  know why, but I really like that film!
    The second is one of those rare examples where the second film is better than the first.  Others that spring to mind are Mad Max 2, The Dark KnightPaddington 2, The Empire Strikes Back, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Kahn, and, going back to when most of us weren't born, Bride of Frankenstein (which is mis-named because Elsa Lanchester plays the bride of the monster, not of Frankenstein).

Some point to Alien and Aliens as another example but I disagree because they're, wisely, two completely different types of film, the first being a haunted house, the second a full-on action film, so not really comparable.

• Options

NEW YEARS EVE 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

9.00PM               -               ITV            -                SKYFALL

9.00PM               -               ITV 2         -                HOT FUZZ  ( Recommended film of the day)

11.15PM             -               FILM 4       -               WITHNAIL & I 

2.15PM               -               SKY CINEMA FIVE STAR         -           ROMAN HOLIDAY 

6.05PM               -              SKY CINEMA ACTION              -            LETHAL WEAPON 

9.00PM              -                SKY CINEMA THRILLER          -           BLOOD DIAMOND 

Strong choices, @bedsaddick (perhaps the TV companies have been told to put on good films to keep the proles indoors), but for me Skyfall is the best one.
  • Options
    Perhaps I missed the mention, but A Bridge Too Far was on. An epic production an amazing story and one that was not glammed up because the participants were heroic. 
    In fact the individual heroic events were tonned down and the devastation on the local population, with 10k staved to death as a result was not addressed.
    This film should be up there with Zulu. 
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:
    Little late to this. Had seen Hunt for the Wilderpeople before and thought it was a great film.  Have just caught up tonight with the one that was on Film4 before this last night.  Chef with Jon Favreau was a really entertaining film. Love the soundtrack too. 

Agree with you on Chef, a proper feel good film with, as you say, a cracking latin soundtrack. We watched this around lunchtime over the christmas period a year or two ago, and had to break in the middle to make fried cheese sandwiches.
  • Options
    Boom said:

The second is one of those rare examples where the second film is better than the first.  Others that spring to mind are Mad Max 2, The Dark KnightPaddington 2, The Empire Strikes Back, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Kahn, and, going back to when most of us weren't born, Bride of Frankenstein (which is mis-named because Elsa Lanchester plays the bride of the monster, not of Frankenstein).

Some point to Alien and Aliens as another example but I disagree because they're, wisely, two completely different types of film, the first being a haunted house, the second a full-on action film, so not really comparable.

T2 Judgement Day springs to mind too.
  • Options
    Aliens is on a different 'planet' to Alien.. (metaphorically of course)

Terminator and MM were almost reboots, certainly had hugely different levels of funding.

Wrath of Khan was fortunate in not having a huge act to follow.. 

What Godfather perhaps lacks its it main character who disappears to his bed fairly early in the movie..
  • Options
    Stuck with a choice of Skyfall or Hot Fuzz. There are a few decent films on Prime as well.... Decisions decisions. Anyway what a rubbish year it has been with all sorts of reasons, I hope 2021 is a healthy and joyful year for all you Lifers.... Happy New Year! 🔴⚪️
  • Options
    Stuck with a choice of Skyfall or Hot Fuzz. There are a few decent films on Prime as well.... Decisions decisions. Anyway what a rubbish year it has been with all sorts of reasons, I hope 2021 is a healthy and joyful year for all you Lifers.... Happy New Year! 🔴⚪️
    Skyfall ... it’s the first Bond film I actually enjoyed, terrific story line 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    stonemuse said:
    Skyfall ... it’s the first Bond film I actually enjoyed, terrific story line 
    Think I'm with you there mate, seen it plenty of times and never gets boring
  • Options

NEW YEARS DAY

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4.00PM                   -               ITV 3              -            WILLY WONKA AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY 

10.55PM                  -               BBC1             -             GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY   

11.15Pm                -                 FILM 4          -             DOG SOLDIERS 

6.15PM                  -                 SKY CINEMA HITS                   -           LE MANS 66

9.00PM                  -                  SKY CINEMA THRILLER           -         TRAINING DAY 
     ( Recommended film of the day)

10.10PM                -                  SKY CINEMA DRAMA               -          FULL METAL JACKET 

• Options
    razil said:
    I think the first film is not quite as good as everyone thinks and the third isn't as bad as people say. The second is indeed the masterpiece. 
    Films I have very strong opinions on!

The Godfather and The Godfather Part II are both stupendously good films and I love them both, having probably watched both 30 odd times (no exaggeration). I switch between the two as to which I think is best, but the mere fact that there’s an argument for the sequel being better means that it almost certainly is the better. Either way in my opinion it’s an argument about the number 1 and number 2 greatest films of all time.

The Godfather Part III suffers primarily because it follows the first two. As a stand alone film, without comparison with the first two, it is good. By comparison, and that is pretty impossible to avoid, it is not in the same league.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    razil said:
    Films I have very strong opinions on!

The Godfather and The Godfather Part II are both stupendously good films and I love them both, having probably watched both 30 odd times (no exaggeration). I switch between the two as to which I think is best, but the mere fact that there’s an argument for the sequel being better means that it almost certainly is the better. Either way in my opinion it’s an argument about the number 1 and number 2 greatest films of all time.

The Godfather Part III suffers primarily because it follows the first two. As a stand alone film, without comparison with the first two, it is good. By comparison, and that is pretty impossible to avoid, it is not in the same league.
    Get the box set Bob, there’s a 4th disc too 
  • Options

SATURDAY 2nd of JANUARY 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12.55PM               -              CHANNEL 5           -              A BRIDGE TOO FAR 

9.30PM                 -              TALKING PICTURES                    -            HUD  

12.10AM              -               BBC 1                     -              INTERNAL AFFAIRS 

6.00AM               -                SKY CINEMA ACTION          -            CROUCHING TIGER HIDDEN DRAGON

6.45PM                -               SKY CINEMA HITS               -            RICHARD JEWELL 

10.05PM              -               SKY CINEMA DRAMA           -           SLEEPERS ( Recommended film of the day)

• Options
    Richard Jewell is worth a watch if you’ve not seen it before.
  • Options
    Beds can I just say what a good heads up with The Hunt For The Wilderpeople, absolutely cracking film.