Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Snowing (Dec 23 pg 11)

Comments

• Options
    The BBC forecast has said that High Pressure will be moving in by the weekend which will bring a period of dry but colder weather. "colder" being around 6 degrees rather than the 11's & 12's that we've had recently. 

Not seen it said it is going to snow or be a cold "snap". 

Post's like @Hex's really annoy me. During the pandemic & when there were food shortages I had real trouble getting toilet rolls. For 3 weeks my local ASDA didn't have any when I went in to do my weekly shop & at one point we resorted to using kitchen roll as we had run out completely & there were no toilet rolls in any of the local shops.

Its stupid stories like this that causes people to panic buy & horde. Scare mongering at its worst. 
    Snow forecast tomorrow for Bromley. 
    No It is not.

Weather forecast tonight suggest there is a small band of rain heading south eastwards from Suffolk/ Essex. Mixed with the colder air it MIGHT lead to "wintery showers", which is a euphemism for sleety rain. The forecast also said "on high ground". I take that to be on top of the Downs.....not f**king Bromley.

Even if it did fall as snow it will melt within minutes. 
    Alright Michael Fish.

• Options
    edited January 8
    clb74 said:
    The BBC forecast has said that High Pressure will be moving in by the weekend which will bring a period of dry but colder weather. "colder" being around 6 degrees rather than the 11's & 12's that we've had recently. 

Not seen it said it is going to snow or be a cold "snap". 

Post's like @Hex's really annoy me. During the pandemic & when there were food shortages I had real trouble getting toilet rolls. For 3 weeks my local ASDA didn't have any when I went in to do my weekly shop & at one point we resorted to using kitchen roll as we had run out completely & there were no toilet rolls in any of the local shops.

Its stupid stories like this that causes people to panic buy & horde. Scare mongering at its worst. 
    Snow forecast tomorrow for Bromley. 
    No It is not.

Weather forecast tonight suggest there is a small band of rain heading south eastwards from Suffolk/ Essex. Mixed with the colder air it MIGHT lead to "wintery showers", which is a euphemism for sleety rain. The forecast also said "on high ground". I take that to be on top of the Downs.....not f**king Bromley.

Even if it did fall as snow it will melt within minutes. 
    Alright Michael Fish.

What snow? Oops 😉
  • Options
    @golfaddick do me a favour and take on board the following. 

When you have multi topic forums, posters with an interest and some knowledge on fringe topics that most others don’t are greatly appreciated by the majority. That’s how good forums work.

Someone that is just rude and dismissive to others just leads to them thinking ‘I won’t bother then, not worth the hassle’. That person stops doing something they enjoy, and the vast majority miss out on reading something they enjoy. That’s how bad forums work. 

Posting things like the ‘posts like Hex’s really annoy me’ one are shitty posts. As they are just unnecessarily rude and dismissive, and more than likely to discourage that poster, which the vast majority of us don’t want. 

So please, just stop and think about how your posts are received, and how they might impact on the whole forum. And that goes for everyone really. Thank you. 

Ps. Crack on @Hex I hugely appreciate your posts on weather things and know I’m not alone with that 

Ok, will do.

Just off to the Savings & Investments thread to warn everybody of an imminent stock market crash. 
    Thanks for the heads-up. I've just sold all my shares. 
    Where do you suggest I put my money?🤔
    Snowploughs & Gritters.
  • Options
    No snow or even sleet forecast here in West Yorkshire. It’s grim down south.
     Or in the tropical North West. 😎
  • Options

Make sure you don’t get snowed in mate keep that table salt and shovel handy 😉.
  • Options

Started to settle on the outskirts of Bromley bit then the snows stopped.
  • Options
    Ok. I admit I was wrong

@Hex was right. 

I will now slink off & admit I know nothing about weather forecasting. 

(I dare you to say I know nothing about investing though !)
    Mild temperatures with scattered showers expected in April.

You heard it here first.
  • Options
    No snow in Gran Canaria. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Snowing steadily now in deepest, darkest East Sussex. Not heavy but consistent. Cold wind too.
  • Options
    Ok. I admit I was wrong

@Hex was right. 

Mild temperatures with scattered showers expected in April.

You heard it here first.

The wind likely to pick up in March as well.
  • Options
    Bit more consistent snow falling in Strood now, ground looks too wet for it to settle
  • Options
    At the risk of sounding all Golfie are there really North Down Mountains?
    Its all relative to where you are in the world. If you come from Sheppy it mountainous. 
  • Options
    Very large flakes of snow falling in Maidstone now, hopefully the ground is too wet for it to settle.
  • Options
    At the risk of sounding all Golfie are there really North Down Mountains?
    Reminds me of a bloke I had a conversation with in Denmark, telling me he lives "up in the hills" 

The highest point in their entire country is 170m above sea level
  • Options
    As I live now on the foothills of the North Down Mountain range, I can safely say it's snowing and also starting to settle. 
  • Options
    Snowing in Hastings now looks like it may settle.
  • Options
    Snowing again in Dartford 
  • Options
    Proper flakes of snow now falling in Broadstairs, as opposed to the large grains of snow that have been falling throughout the morning.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 8
    Ok. I admit I was wrong

@Hex was right. 

Should I invest in a snow shovel ?
    Yes. That will likely ensure a snow free winter for you.

i also recommend buying up sun tan lotion to further ensure a piss poor summer! 😆
  • Options
    Light snow flakes in Bromley 

I'm a believer 🤲
  • Options
    Chizz said:

I'm a light snow flake in Bromley
    Fixed for you
    I was one of them a long time ago! 😂
  • Options
    Chizz said:

I'm a light snow flake in Bromley
    Fixed for you
    Oi !!
  • Options

• Options
    Am I the only one to have seen heavy rain turn to snow and within 30 minutes there's chaos  and the snows settled?
    And after getting caught out on a journey from Bromley to Eastbourne a few years back when snow wasn't even forecast , I wouldn't drive no more than an hours walk away from my home if snow was forecast.
    That 4 hours in the car seemed like a lifetime.

• Options
    Managed to get 11 holes of Golf in this morning before the greens turned to whites.
  • Options
    Blue skies in Sunny Southampton although our local paper is predicting "heavy snow" at 4pm despite the weather forecasts saying otherwise!