Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Snowing (Dec 23 pg 11)

Comments

• Options
    Snowing in Hastings now looks like it may settle.
    Ditto in Wadhurst.

Mr F currently making a sleigh. 
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Am I the only one to have seen heavy rain turn to snow and within 30 minutes there's chaos  and the snows settled?
    And after getting caught out on a journey from Bromley to Eastbourne a few years back when snow wasn't even forecast , I wouldn't drive no more than an hours walk away from my home if snow was forecast.
    That 4 hours in the car seemed like a lifetime.

Few years ago (10 🤷🏻‍♂️) I left work in Maidstone at 14:00 and was trapped in my car on Bluebell Hill until around 11:00 o clock that night. I sneaked off the road and out of traffic jam by following a couple of cars that were moving towards the exit. Got home at around 02:00. 
  • Options
    Snowing but not settling in Reigate
  • Options
    kids back at school tomorrow, they are now praying for a 'snow day' 

they are going into school come what may!!
  • Options
    Not snowing here.
  • Options
    Many years ago I was a HGV mechanic and remember some heavy snowfall just after Xmas, 89/90? 
    I was really busy with jump starts and unfreezing 
    brake lines etc. My final job of the day was to a Skip loader that had stalled and the starter jammed on the M23 near Holey. By the time I got to the lad it was 11.30 at night and he had been stuck since 2. He was in tee shirt and jeans and was the coldest person I had ever seen. 
    He was so cold he could hardly walk. I got him into my van and waited longer for him to warm up than it did to get the job done.
  • Options
    Snowing in Hastings now looks like it may settle.
    Ditto in Wadhurst.

Mr F currently making a sleigh. 
    Making a sleigh is difficult work, but it's downhill after that.
  • Options
    A flurry on the Isle of Wight which is a bit of a rarity.  Gone as fast as Charlton’s chance of the playoffs. 
  • Options
    Still no snow here…but getting a tad breezy. 

• Options
    Solidgone said:

Looks like snow is just over the horizon though 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Solidgone said:

wheres that? camber sands? 
  • Options
    edited January 8
    still a fair bit of snow here in the foothills of the north downs mountain range. not a huge amount settled but at least a generous 3 inches worth. more closer to 2 and a half. 
  • Options
    still a fair bit of snow here in the foothills of the north downs mountain range. not a huge amount settled but at least a generous 3 inches worth. more closer to 2 and a half
    That tends to happen when it gets a bit cold.
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

Looks like snow is just over the horizon though 
    That's Woolwich ain't it?  I have been reliably informed by a close confident who works at the Met Office, that Powis Street and a radius of 1 mile is in a geographical anomaly, at the cross section of two lay lines... It always misses a dumping!  
  • Options
    edited January 8
    meanwhile over here in the Canadian Rockies we are heading for a chilly weekend - pity the poor buggers who are here for skiing in Banff/Lake Louise…
  • Options
    Snowed most of the day near Rainham in Kent with hail thrown in at times but hasn't really settled.
  • Options
    Oakster2 said:
    meanwhile over here in the Canadian Rockies we are heading for a chilly weekend - pity the poor buggers who are here for skiing in Banff/Lake Louise…
    When I was at Lake Louise we had to wait for the temperature to get above -40 before they would run the lifts. 
  • Options
    Oakster2 said:
    When I was at Lake Louise we had to wait for the temperature to get above -40 before they would run the lifts. 
    I went out for a (Nordic) ski tonight, it was around -12 & I was over-heating, modern fabrics & design are amazing.....one of the best investments i made was my electric socks for really cold days!!
  • Options
    Oakster2 said:
    Coldest I've been was at the top of a chair lift in Lake Louise. -20°.

Great skiing though. 
  • Options
    I refuse to believe that anyone has ever been colder than I was at Wembley watching England beat Cameroon in Feb 1991. 

Went on a coach trip from the Yorkshire Grey….got pissed and couldn’t find the coach on way back. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

this is it……..but it’s enough to cause chaos here lol
  • Options
    Oakster2 said:
    Coldest I've been was at the top of a chair lift in Lake Louise. -20°.

Great skiing though. 
    Ha I know exactly which lift you were on - yes the wind howls up there and it’s torture when it’s cold!
  • Options
    Oakster2 said:
    Oakster2 said:
    I went out for a (Nordic) ski tonight, it was around -12 & I was over-heating, modern fabrics & design are amazing.....one of the best investments i made was my electric socks for really cold days!!
    I agree - I’m more worried about getting to hot when I go out, but then I remember I have to sit on a chair lift every 10 minutes and remember how cold that gets, especially if it not a fast detachable lift. My other half is a big fan of electric socks, gloves and jacket. 
  • Options
    They got plug sockets on those lifts then? 
  • Options
    Saw the weather forecast at lunchtime.

Snow....and lots of it......due next week. Arctic winds blowing in & could be meeting a (rainy) weather system pushing up from the south. 

And if it doesnt happen.....don't blame me  
  • Options

Snow....and lots of it......due next week. Arctic winds blowing in & could be meeting a (rainy) weather system pushing up from the south. 

I'd like to thank @golfaddick for his insightful forecast for next week and wish him well in his new career.  May it bring him a more relaxed outlook on life !
  • Options

Brrrrrrr! 🥶

(Not snowing here, again)
  • Options
    Drove down to East Grinstead this morning. Lots of lying snow from Westerham onwards. Must be those North Downs mountains....
  • Options
    -55 tonight here in the Canadian Rockies 

it was unbearable at -40 yesterday 

• Options
    Oakster2 said:
    -55 tonight here in the Canadian Rockies 

it was unbearable at -40 yesterday 

You might need to wear your scarf when you pop down to the pub tonight.  ;)