Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Snowing (Dec 23 pg 11)

Comments

• Options
    Snowing quite heavy in chelsfield. 
    I'm taking the grandkids to Hastings for 3 days. 
    Shame it wasn't last weekend 
  • Options
    Snow driving down the M20 earlier. Turned to hail & then rain. 

Eventful day. Got a puncture & now sitting in a Tyre place in Ashford waiting to be told the damage........in ££££
  • Options
    A brief flurry at lunchtime over north London

More impressive was the snow shower over South Kensington yesterday afternoon
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Tiny flakes for a minute in Upper Sydenham, yesterday but Ms AA said it was quite heavy in the City. 
  • Options
    Just had some hailstones over Golders Green
  • Options
    Just picked my Son up from Nursery in almost blizzard like conditions in Strood this afternoon

Blue skies now
  • Options
    Just had a brief amount of snow here in Strood
  • Options
    Think it’s started down in Kent too
  • Options
    Snowing in Brentwood
    Not snowing in Romford
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Snowing in Bexley…. Only few flakes buts it’s snow
  • Options
    And Dartford, more than a flurry.
  • Options
    Had a brief flurry yesterday down here in the sub-tropical paradise that is Bournemouth. Didn't settle or anything but that's very unusual for here in November.

Could we be in line for an especially cold winter? 
  • Options
    Snowing in Ruxley.
  • Options
    We had a cm of snow on Wednesday night  and a few flurries since but the skies here at present in West Yorkshire are clear blue and the frost and ice is hard. 
  • Options
    Played golf at Pedham Place today. First six holes in a blizzard with 18 temporary greens. Fab! 🫤
  • Options
    Global warming, innit?
  • Options
    MrWalker said:
    Global warming, innit?
    Isn’t that what will happen with global warming, the ice caps melt, the cold water and air from that diverts the jet stream and those parts of Britain not under water get hit with extreme heat in the summer and extreme cold in the winter ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No snow in João Pessoa yet.
  • Options
    No snow in Windhoek yet. 
  • Options
    No snow in Barcelona.......yet!
  • Options
    We have a good covering in Folkestone. Hope it's not like this in Medway... 
  • Options
    We have a good covering in Folkestone. Hope it's not like this in Medway... 
    I'm halfway between the two and it's fine (bloody cold but fine!).
  • Options
    MrWalker said:
    Global warming, innit?
    Isn’t that what will happen with global warming, the ice caps melt, the cold water and air from that diverts the jet stream and those parts of Britain not under water get hit with extreme heat in the summer and extreme cold in the winter ?
    Gulf stream.
  • Options
    Hex said:
    I don’t like to make a post like this so far in advance especially as cold weather predictions have tendency to misfire but,

there is significant potential for a cold (next week) or very cold (the week after) spell.  There’s nothing definite yet but if you would have problems getting out and about in icy weather, it may be worth making your next shopping trip one where you stock up on essential items.
    No wonder you call yourself hex.
  • Options
    Hex said:
    I don’t like to make a post like this so far in advance especially as cold weather predictions have tendency to misfire but,

there is significant potential for a cold (next week) or very cold (the week after) spell.  There’s nothing definite yet but if you would have problems getting out and about in icy weather, it may be worth making your next shopping trip one where you stock up on essential items.
     Now I know who to blame when all the panic buying happens and I cant get any toilet roll or pot noddles.