Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Has Bowyer lost it?

Comments

• Options
    The guys deluded. If I were Thomas I’d seriously worry about giving him a decent budget in the summer. I wouldn’t trust him to spend it wisely.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    That is one of the most bizarre quotes I've ever heard. The sheer arrogance.
  • Options
    The guys deluded. If I were Thomas I’d seriously worry about giving him a decent budget in the summer. I wouldn’t trust him to spend it wisely.
    Hopefully LB won’t be in charge then.
  • Options
    I think you need to imagine if Pardew saying some of the things Bowyer has been saying the last couple of years, how angry more people would be and hate the bloke. He probably wasnt even as bad at the excuses every week
  • Options
    Said it before bring in Curbs with Euell assistant and Brownie as defensive coach. Only problem then is what do we do for guests on Valley Pass
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He says it's a building proccess..............Looks more like a demoition job to me
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    He says it's a building proccess..............Looks more like a demoition job to me
    We've got loads of aging past their peak players, and loan players, not sure how you build off that?
  • Options
    Think people are going to continue to be disappointed 
  • Options
    Just watched the post match with Minto, and he looks like a boxer who’s taken one too many punches. 

Rather if it is done, then we go interim for now, suspect the next appointment will be a Thomas Franks type appointment 
  • Options
    esseffect said:
    It’s funny how you all picked different sides every week but want a settled side too. 

Just because the spotlight isn’t on your every week you get away with.

You’re not professional football managers for a reason.

”yeah but it’s my opinion” grow up 
    What does Lee Bowyer have on you? How, after the abysmal performance and press conference, do you manage to find a way to turn this on other fans? 
    Please tell me what you would do different in his shoes
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    esseffect said:
    It’s funny how you all picked different sides every week but want a settled side too. 

The bottom line is Bowyer is paid to do a job...a job that he isn’t doing very well at. Part of being a football fan is to be a bit fickle - that’s just how it is. But part of Bowyers job is to to pick a team capable of competing - he hasn’t been able to do that. The buck stops with him. He had a transfer window to sort out absolutely abysmal defence out and he chose not to do it. Any fickle football fan could see that our problem was at the back - but Bowyer couldn’t. 
    No actually you all said the problem was with Boywer management not with anything at the back.

He’s not doing very well... I’m not blind. 

I don’t think it’s right to say fans being fickle is fine 
  • Options
    I thought that a while ago, but things can change quickly if we get a few more results like the last two. I don't see any other outcome than more defeats at the moment, do you?
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    esseffect said:
    esseffect said:

What does Lee Bowyer have on you? How, after the abysmal performance and press conference, do you manage to find a way to turn this on other fans? 
    This is a very weak retort, considering I am not paid to do his job and nor would I want to be. 

I would suggest however actually taking some personal responsibility rather than Brent-esque soundbites and an incessant stream of scapegoating players.

Seriously, what has to happen for you to admit we're underachieving and Bowyer isn't Jesus?
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    I thought that a while ago, but things can change quickly if we get a few more results like the last two. I don't see any other outcome than more defeats at the moment, do you?
    We can't lose every game forever - Unfortunately I just dont see us going on a good enough run to get into the top six
  • Options
    A lot of people seem to be hanging on to him being sacked.

I would prepare for him to still be manager at Wigan on Tuesday. There might be an understanding between LB and TS as to what is going on behind the scenes.

If TS publicly backed him on Thursday then is 1 more defeat against an inform side 2 days later going to be the tipping point?

Think a lot of people will be disappointed
  • Options
    Bowyer's comments about Pratley. Unhealthy obsession.
  • Options
    I wanted him to have a chance to rebuild over the summer, putting this season down to just not having worked, but Bowyer with enough credit for how he got us up two seasons ago and the circumstances in which he handled last year, but after today it’s clear it’s not going to work.

The quotes coming out now very clearly show he’s not in control anymore.  He’s lost the dressing room which is a shame and I hate that the vitriol has set in from some quarters over the last few months, but we can’t go on like this.  

If he stays then it will become toxic across the whole club and fanbase 
  • Options
    Safe to say then that Tuesday's performance won't be any better than today's after that
  • Options
    esseffect said:
    esseffect said:

This is a very weak retort, considering I am not paid to do his job and nor would I want to be. 

I would suggest however actually taking some personal responsibility rather than Brent-esque soundbites and an incessant stream of scapegoating players.

Seriously, what has to happen for you to admit we're underachieving and Bowyer isn't Jesus?
    I think we are underachieving. I think his comments have been bizarre.

I also know there aren’t many mangers who come out and say I’m shit and got it all wrong. So why are you expecting any different?

He is over reliant on senior players who he expects not to let him down. They are doing that.

I think we’d all got for a similar set up in team today except swap Aneke and Washington.

Not his fault the wingers offered nothing, so he changed it 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!