Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Has Bowyer lost it?

Comments

• Options
    So what's the concensus?

Is the issue:

A - Bowyer has lost the dressing room as suggested by a player to J Block

Or 

B - ThE PlAyErS ArEn'T gOoD eNoUgH.
  • Options
    I dont often post comments but today with the team droping from a play off position to mid table, Thomas sangaard has to either back Lee Bowyer publicly or bring someone now as a care taker to stop the slide. For me Lee has lost the dessing room, has not stopped the team leaking goals and looks and sound like someone who needs a rest. He has not become a bad manager over night but some times a change needs to be made and Lee needs to move on from Charlton.   
    He has done a good impersonation of a bad manager for most of this season.
  • Options
    Is there a feature on this forum for polls?
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    Said it before bring in Curbs with Euell assistant and Brownie as defensive coach. Only problem then is what do we do for guests on Valley Pass
    Get Bowyer in. He would still be getting money from Sandgaard.
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    All these bowyer comments just sound like he’s getting his last digs in before he gats a call, he’ll take everyone down in the sinking ship that he can. Very odd considering he loves the club so much!!. It’s really becoming sad to be honest and I’m not enjoying it, however I think it’s best all round for him to call it quits.
    I don't believe this is even close to the truth.  If he lacks one quality  it is guile and I think this sort of calculated spite is not in his nature - that is more of in Pardew's style and for what it is worth I don't buy the comparisons now being made. 

But what do I know?  I'm just a punter. 

And before anyone thinks of "fixing that" for me, don't.

Well seeing as you don’t get the Pardew comparisons here’s your own version - adds up to the same. He’s chatting utter guff.
    You just had to fix it for me didn't you?  
  • Options
    He might care but he can't do his job so how does that benefit Charlton?
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    All these bowyer comments just sound like he’s getting his last digs in before he gats a call, he’ll take everyone down in the sinking ship that he can. Very odd considering he loves the club so much!!. It’s really becoming sad to be honest and I’m not enjoying it, however I think it’s best all round for him to call it quits.
    I don't believe this is even close to the truth.  If he lacks one quality  it is guile and I think this sort of calculated spite is not in his nature - that is more of in Pardew's style and for what it is worth I don't buy the comparisons now being made. 

But what do I know?  I'm just a punter. 

And before anyone thinks of "fixing that" for me, don't.

Well seeing as you don’t get the Pardew comparisons here’s your own version - adds up to the same. He’s chatting utter guff.
    BTW I have been in the Bowyer out camp since before it was fashionable.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    So what's the concensus?

Is the issue:

A - Bowyer has lost the dressing room as suggested by a player to J Block

Or 

B - ThE PlAyErS ArEn'T gOoD eNoUgH.
    Definitely a and partly b. But we definitely aint seeing the best of these players because the dressing room is lost and theres no fight. Get someone new in who can motivate them and inspire some confidence. 
  • Options
    Well done you loyalists watching the last two games. I’ve stopped watching and it’s so much easier to take when you are not witnessing it.

Decison not to buy a centre mid or two with legs in Jan the biggest mistake. Whatever team he selects has to have a Watson or Pratley in. 2 players for every position? That’s not even half a player. By failing to address this clear weakness has cost him his job.

And just a reminder that Bowyer has a family. He may have done ok from football but his career is short. He may never get another management job after this. So asking him to resign is not an easy thing. Thanks for the good times,  Lee. Let’s just trust Thomas now. Bowyer is down. But he’s not a bad guy in this let’s remember. A limited manager and coach maybe but that’s it.
    Why does Bowyer's family have to be brought into it? 
    Because he can't walk away from a 7 figure payout because he has a family? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafc999 said:
    I get the suspicion is that this what Lee wants
    He wants a payoff and won't walk. Unless he's completely deluded he must know he's doing a poor job.
  • Options
    The reason I am finding this so hard to swallow is that for the first part of last season under difficult circumstances he assembled a team who were more than competing and were putting in proper Charlton performances! 

I feel so sorry for him! I think it’s the right outcome if he were to leave, but some of the bitterness some of our fans have against him is really upsetting to see! 
  • Options
    Roddy obviously seeing what we all see!  Bowyers seeing him as the main threat to his job as in that statement about problem coming from within the club.   Would imagine Roddys on the phone to TS right now! 
  • Options
    What should show people what we now have with Bowyer is this. After about 15 minutes, how many people could see it wasn't working? After 20 minutes, how many more? Then after 30 minutes surely everybody. 

What do you do when something isn't working? You change it. Bowyer could have taken a wide man off (probably DJ) and also Washington. Then he could have played Millar behind a front two of Aneke and Stockley with an extra body in midfield as we were not winning enough there.

Would that have worked? Who knows, but again it was blindingly obvious what we were doing wasn't working. Why potentially wait for a second and lose valuable time to get back into the game. It could show Bowyer doesn't trust the players to sort themselves out with a change of tactics outside of half time. That probably says more about his mindset at the moment than the players.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When he was talking about people trying to destroy the club from within, surely he was talking about under the previous owners!!! 
    Talking about himself.  The cunning evil genius.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    We talk about players regressing under bowyer. How about the lad from Swindon, has gone from being their best player to someone who can’t even last longer than 45 minutes in one of the worst Charlton teams in years. 
    Yup, my thoughts.  There are some brilliant players in that team.  There is one common factor.
  • Options
    But Bowyer says it's the players faults:
    https://youtu.be/DIVwuUG4-LU

Manager says our players are good but knew exactly how to open us up.

• Options
    The team is devoid of confidence so it is a bit harsh writing a player off in these circumstances.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    We talk about players regressing under bowyer. How about the lad from Swindon, has gone from being their best player to someone who can’t even last longer than 45 minutes in one of the worst Charlton teams in years. 
    Hence why Swindon were struggling in a relegation fight? - Bar was already set very low for him no doubt there
    We couldn’t beat them 
    And yet being higher in the league doesnt give us a devine right to beat them

If teams down the bottom never beat teams further up the League, this would be rather a boring predictable sport right?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!