Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Has Bowyer lost it?

Comments

• Options
    I bet Bowyer’s phone is off and his out of office says ‘gone fishing’
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Bowyer's comments about Pratley. Unhealthy obsession.
    What did he say?
  • Options
    IR94 said:
    Croydon said:
    Bowyer's comments about Pratley. Unhealthy obsession.
    What did he say?
    More what he didn't say if he is as straight talking as he is said to be. Clearly scared to drop him from the team to call him out. If Albie did that he would be calling him a dumbass and trying to send him out on loan to Thamesmead town. 

Defending him saying he was trying to get up. Pratley should never play for us again. Contracts up this summer, leave him in the reserves 
  • Options
    All these bowyer comments just sound like he’s getting his last digs in before he gats a call, he’ll take everyone down in the sinking ship that he can. Very odd considering he loves the club so much!!. It’s really becoming sad to be honest and I’m not enjoying it, however I think it’s best all round for him to call it quits.
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    All these bowyer comments just sound like he’s getting his last digs in before he gats a call, he’ll take everyone down in the sinking ship that he can. Very odd considering he loves the club so much!!. It’s really becoming sad to be honest and I’m not enjoying it, however I think it’s best all round for him to call it quits.
    His arrogance is astounding. Must be toxic at times at Sparrows Lane.
  • Options
    Rob said:
    Calling out Oshilaja now. 

That's poor.  Osh is a square peg in a round hole.   He would be decent at right back and even in a defensive midfield role but putting the bloke in as an answer to our centre back problem has been detrimental.  

He's a real trier and gives 100% but not a natural CB in terms of physique or positional sense despite being brave and wholly committed. 

Take some responsibility Lee...it was obvious to everyone that we needed central defensive shoring up in the window and for whatever reason it was ignored and has been our undoing in so many games.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I guess Bowyer’s excuses have now moved on to conspiracy theories.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    paulfox said:
    I don't believe this is even close to the truth.  If he lacks one quality  it is guile and I think this sort of calculated spite is not in his nature - that is more of in Pardew's style and for what it is worth I don't buy the comparisons now being made. 

But what do I know?  I'm just a punter. 

And before anyone thinks of "fixing that" for me, don't.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    esseffect said:
    Blames the players but then in January decided there was no defender better than the ones he had. 

Its a joke and he's dragging this out week by week to get a payoff. 
    You really need to get over the defender situation. There wasnt a player to bring in.

He doesn’t rate Pearce or Deji, I think he would have tried.

Not one or two defenders in the whole of the available football world that could come in yet we spend £300k on a luxury goal poacher who spends more time on the bench than a high court judge.

There would have been loan options or some options that would have been better options than Gunter and Osilaja as makeshift out of positions...particularly when we then went and signed midfielders that are barely featuring.

The 2 plymouth blokes have barely played 20 minutes together yet were mainstays of a team that has jumped above us tonight.

Something is seriously wrong.

Edit- I realise they were swindon not Plymouth 
  • Options
    Well it's going to be interesting reading the match thread.
  • Options
    edited February 2021

Bowyer: I don't want to criticise the players. I could give you the real reason why I think (it's gone wrong). But... At the end of the day they try, but could they do more? I think they could. They cut corners.#cafc

— Benjy Nurick (@BenjyNurick) February 27, 2021
    This comment is bothering me big time. I thought his reasons in the other responses were more than enough. Is there something more controversial other than players and their performances. Does anyone have an idea?
    I hope that all he's alluding to is previous mismanagement of the club by ESI and the ensuing legal battle over the course of 2020 scuppering any chance of a successful 20/21 season. If it's something else that might be a rather worrying comment. 
  • Options
    Is he alluding that Ged R is a problem? 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    paulfox said:
    I don't believe this is even close to the truth.  If he lacks one quality  it is guile and I think this sort of calculated spite is not in his nature - that is more of in Pardew's style and for what it is worth I don't buy the comparisons now being made. 

And before anyone thinks of "fixing that for me", don't.
    Sorry I agree, i don’t think he is being spiteful,i meant  more in a lashing out sort of way and In turn having the effect I was  getting at.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2021
    The "circuit breaker" approach is definitely the best way to put it - it's clear the relationship between Bowyer and the majority of the current squad is beyond repair. We need someone in temporary charge who's going to be a fresh face for these lads, lads who are on their way out in the summer anyway.

Then the clear out begins in earnest. Funnily enough, I think a fresh group of players under Bow would do the world of good and maybe that's what Thomas is hanging on for. But at this point, the toxic atmosphere is too much to bear and we need a stop gap solution.
  • Options
    For the love of Christ Sandgaard, end this misery now. It’s f***ing embarrassing.
  • Options
    paulfox said:

And before anyone thinks of "fixing that" for me, don't.

Well seeing as you don’t get the Pardew comparisons here’s your own version - adds up to the same. He’s chatting utter guff.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Scoham said:
    Think people are going to continue to be disappointed 
    I thought that a while ago, but things can change quickly if we get a few more results like the last two. I don't see any other outcome than more defeats at the moment, do you?
    We can't lose every game forever - Unfortunately I just dont see us going on a good enough run to get into the top six
    We won’t be winning any games when the squad aren’t playing for him. A couple of months ago I’d have agreed with that, but it’s now clear the wins here and there were papering over the cracks rather than the start of the turnaround. He’s at the point where he won’t get the squad back onside.
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    paulfox said:

And before anyone thinks of "fixing that for me", don't.
    Sorry I agree, i don’t think he is being spiteful,i meant  more in a lashing out sort of way and In turn having the effect I was  getting at.
    That makes sense to me.
  • Options
    We're one of the worst teams in this division at present and the manager has to take responsibility for not getting the best out of the players. Most of the squad are underperforming and our disciplinary record is terrible.

The longer he is left in charge the worse it will get. 
  • Options
    I dont often post comments but today with the team droping from a play off position to mid table, Thomas sangaard has to either back Lee Bowyer publicly or bring someone now as a care taker to stop the slide. For me Lee has lost the dessing room, has not stopped the team leaking goals and looks and sound like someone who needs a rest. He has not become a bad manager over night but some times a change needs to be made and Lee needs to move on from Charlton.   
  • Options
    edited February 2021
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!