Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Has Bowyer lost it?

Comments

• Options
    J BLOCK said:
    It’s just really sad to see this unfolding like this. I really think he deserves some of the name calling. 

It seems something bigger has happened that has caused this and bowyer is angry and hurt but I can’t see a way back for him with these players. 

You don’t just become a bad manager but he can’t fix this so best for everyone that he goes. Take a break and come back at another club refreshed. 

If bowyer lasts you maybe start to think Thomas and maybe even ged side with bowyer on what’s gone on but without knowing it’s hard for fans to take that view after watching the displays lately which are full of players not trying. 
    He’s lost the dressing room and they aren’t playing for him, I think it’s clear now.

I agree that you don’t become a bad manager in just three months. 
    I could see him doing a really good job at going in and saving clubs near the bottom. Getting them fired up and fighting. 

Like you say, he’s lost the dressing room and there’s no coming back from it. 
  • Options
    There is only one Chris I would want and it ain't Coleman
  • Options
    There are two different skillsets in managing when things are going for you and managing when they are not. We have discovered that Bowyer doesn't possess the latter skills and he is not alone in this. But the fact can't be ignored.
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    I get the suspicion is that this what Lee wants
    He wants a payoff and won't walk. Unless he's completely deluded he must know he's doing a poor job.
    I wouldn't begrudge him a pay off.  No managers walk these days do they especially without another job lined up.
  • Options
    It’s just really sad to see this unfolding like this. I really think he deserves some of the name calling. 

It seems something bigger has happened that has caused this and bowyer is angry and hurt but I can’t see a way back for him with these players. 

You don’t just become a bad manager but he can’t fix this so best for everyone that he goes. Take a break and come back at another club refreshed. 

If bowyer lasts you maybe start to think Thomas and maybe even ged side with bowyer on what’s gone on but without knowing it’s hard for fans to take that view after watching the displays lately which are full of players not trying. 

I don't think he's necessarily a bad manager, I think with his career vs Powell who people are wanting back at the moment, Bowyer has shown more to suggest he might be a better manager over time. But I don't think he's going to salvage that here with the trajectory we are currently on, which happens all the time where good managers get sacked at clubs. He definitely needs time off seemingly (and more PR training...), and we definitely need to replace him before this spiral goes further down.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    I think Bowyer's management style has changed. He had no need to shout when things were going well and when they are not he needs to do different things to what he did but not what he has done. He probably doesn't have the emotional skills although what has happened to him in recent years may have had an impact.

Personally. I don't think he deserves a big pay off as he is to blame for our current failings. But contractually he will be due a massive one and that is why he is sticking with the job. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Get Coleman in for rest of the season.
    I'd definitely be happy if Jenna Coleman took over

She knows nothing about football, but at least I'd be able to gaze at her during post match interviews  ;)
    She’s mustard 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    I think what Bowyer has said today has to be the final nail in his coffin. But I can only think Sandgaard is reluctant to fork out the circa £700k -£800k at this moment. It is one thing us telling him to do it, but it is a lot of money, especially as we are probably not going up if Bowyer is sacked now and there is always a chance he will walk. And it isn't our money.

I would say to Thomas that I very much doubt he will walk. A decision has to me made and it won't save anything net waiting. Maybe giving the job on a caretaker basis to somebody already at the club is the cheaper option. Any option other than Bowyer is a must right now.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    "Bowyer: "My job is to win games. I said to the player: 'You will not be playing Tuesday - 100 per cent'. Keep giving opportunities and chances away. This is your career my also the start of my career as a manager"

Who is this aimed at?

My guess is Jaiyesimi. He seems an easy target for Lee to bully.

He should be saying it to Watson and Pratley but there’s no way he will.

Be a man Lee, take the blame.
  • Options
    https://twitter.com/richcawleyslp/status/1365715962398445569?s=21

Who is this aimed at?

My guess is Jaiyesimi. He seems an easy target for Lee to bully.

He should be saying it to Watson and Pratley but there’s no way he will.

Be a man Lee, take the blame.

Edit: apologies I don’t know how to show the body of the tweet.
    Oshilaja maybe?
  • Options
    What do new managers of the Warnock variety do when they come into a club?

They make the players feel loved, they build up their confidence, especially the ones dumped by the previous manager. Tell them they're great, that they've been unlucky, that they will win games etc

Whereas at the moment we have a toxic situation where the manager has no faith in his players and they aren't responding to him. After what Bowyer has said today, the relationship between managers and players seems broken beyond repair
    Great post and for that reason bowyer must go
  • Options
    is he still here ?
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure it is Deji he is singling out.
  • Options
    Which begs the question of who will play right CB on Tuesday, especially as Pratley is suspended

Pearce and Famewo are both left footers, Gunter and Famewo? And that's assuming Famewo is able to play midweek anyway
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’m not so sure. He made a comment about the second goal coming from the right...again.

Williams, Maddison and now Jaiyesimi (possibly). I’m pretty sure if he could sign another 35 defensive midfielder who “cares” he would.
  • Options
    @Bolderhumphreyreid you're either going to have to screenshot it and insert the image or (slightly easier) copy and paste the text and put it in quotes to show it's from the tweet not your words eg:
    "Bowyer: "My job is to win games. I said to the player: 'You will not be playing Tuesday - 100 per cent'. Keep giving opportunities and chances away. This is your career my also the start of my career as a manager"
    or
    Bowyer: "My job is to win games. I said to the player: 'You will not be playing Tuesday - 100 per cent'. Keep giving opportunities and chances away. This is your career my also the start of my career as a manager

• Options
    aliwibble said:
    @Bolderhumphreyreid you're either going to have to screenshot it and insert the image or (slightly easier) copy and paste the text and put it in quotes to show it's from the tweet not your words eg:
    or
    Bowyer: "My job is to win games. I said to the player: 'You will not be playing Tuesday - 100 per cent'. Keep giving opportunities and chances away. This is your career my also the start of my career as a manager

Thank you!
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    J BLOCK said:
    We talk about players regressing under bowyer. How about the lad from Swindon, has gone from being their best player to someone who can’t even last longer than 45 minutes in one of the worst Charlton teams in years. 
    I said this on the post match thread. DJ was excellent in the two games against us, a real threat, gave us all number of problems. Once he signs he regresses so much he looks non league. With so many other players underperforming there is only one common denominator, Bowyer. 
    You do need to remember that we are utter dogshit and that wee Jock Poo Pong McPlop could probably get a solid 8 in the ratings if he’d played against us too
  • Options
    Another thread that just goes round in circles really.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    So what's the concensus?

Is the issue:

A - Bowyer has lost the dressing room as suggested by a player to J Block

Or 

B - ThE PlAyErS ArEn'T gOoD eNoUgH.
    Both. THiS iS A toP TWo SqUAd isn't true either.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Another thread that just goes round in circles really.
    It will keep going round in circles until what needs to happen happens.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!