Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Has Bowyer lost it?

Comments

• Options
    Valley11 said:
    Is he alluding that Ged R is a problem? 

I wondered that myself with his real reason comment.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Scoham said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    So what's the concensus?

Is the issue:

A - Bowyer has lost the dressing room as suggested by a player to J Block

Or 

B - ThE PlAyErS ArEn'T gOoD eNoUgH.
    Both. THiS iS A toP TWo SqUAd isn't true either.
     I agree. But it should have been a top 6 side at least throughout the season, with a really brilliant manager it could have overachieved to top 2.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    If Bowyer had anything about him he would walk away now. 

He won't though. 
    Once a substantial pay off is agreed.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    Is bowyer trying to lose his job?

His heart is no longer in it. Its 100% gone.

I think he's currently going through a personal private difficult time.

He has to go. Sooner the better, so we can still wish him well and remember the good times.
    Do you want to expand on line three?
  • Options
    I think he actually WILL be sacked. 
    In this country that does not happen.
  • Options
    Another win for Hasselbaink's Burton, 4 wins out of 5 in February. That's what a new manager can do, even with a tiny budget
    Maybe McCarthy and Pearson at there respective clubs are also examples.
  • Options
    I think what Bowyer has said today has to be the final nail in his coffin. But I can only think Sandgaard is reluctant to fork out the circa £700k -£800k at this moment. It is one thing us telling him to do it, but it is a lot of money, especially as we are probably not going up if Bowyer is sacked now and there is always a chance he will walk. And it isn't our money.

I would say to Thomas that I very much doubt he will walk. A decision has to me made and it won't save anything net waiting. Maybe giving the job on a caretaker basis to somebody already at the club is the cheaper option. Any option other than Bowyer is a must right now.
    I stand to be corrected here but outside of Chelsea I suspect few managers are paid off in full. I believe its more usual for clubs and the manager being sacked to come to an agreement over the exact amount of compensation to be paid.

Contractually, and depending what is written in it of course, Bowyer could demand full payment of his contract. But in turn TS could play hardball and say Bowyer has breached some clause in the contract and sack him without any compensation and leave it to LB to sue the club in the courts. That could take years before the case comes to court and Bowyer receives any money.

My bet is if TS finally loses patience with LB, he will leave with a payment but nowhere near the sum people are speculating about.
  • Options
    I think he actually WILL be sacked. 
    In this country that does not happen.
    Managers don’t get sacked? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2021
    I think what Bowyer has said today has to be the final nail in his coffin. But I can only think Sandgaard is reluctant to fork out the circa £700k -£800k at this moment. It is one thing us telling him to do it, but it is a lot of money, especially as we are probably not going up if Bowyer is sacked now and there is always a chance he will walk. And it isn't our money.

I would say to Thomas that I very much doubt he will walk. A decision has to me made and it won't save anything net waiting. Maybe giving the job on a caretaker basis to somebody already at the club is the cheaper option. Any option other than Bowyer is a must right now.
    I stand to be corrected here but outside of Chelsea I suspect few managers are paid off in full. I believe its more usual for clubs and the manager being sacked to come to an agreement over the exact amount of compensation to be paid.

Contractually, and depending what is written in it of course, Bowyer could demand full payment of his contract. But in turn TS could play hardball and say Bowyer has breached some clause in the contract and sack him without any compensation and leave it to LB to sue the club in the courts. That could take years before the case comes to court and Bowyer receives any money.

My bet is if TS finally loses patience with LB, he will leave with a payment but nowhere near the sum people are speculating about.
    Most contracts are not negotiated by Southall. Who needed a smokescreen of course knowing what we know now and Bowyer was playing hardball. Also, when a manager finds another club it affects the pay out but Bowyer will be fishing his lakes.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    We talk about players regressing under bowyer. How about the lad from Swindon, has gone from being their best player to someone who can’t even last longer than 45 minutes in one of the worst Charlton teams in years. 
    I said this on the post match thread. DJ was excellent in the two games against us, a real threat, gave us all number of problems. Once he signs he regresses so much he looks non league. With so many other players underperforming there is only one common denominator, Bowyer. 
    The players just don't care like Lee does - it's not his fault if we keep signing the wrong players. We'll get there eventually but it might take two or three thousand signings.

Lee's doing a great job but the players simply don't measure up.
  • Options
    https://twitter.com/richcawleyslp/status/1365715962398445569?s=21

Who is this aimed at?

My guess is Jaiyesimi. He seems an easy target for Lee to bully.

He should be saying it to Watson and Pratley but there’s no way he will.

Be a man Lee, take the blame.

Edit: apologies I don’t know how to show the body of the tweet.
    Oshilaja maybe?
    Shinnie
  • Options
    Another win for Hasselbaink's Burton, 4 wins out of 5 in February. That's what a new manager can do, even with a tiny budget
    But they had years to build and a preseason and were totally excluded from the salary cap. 

Or actually they sacked the manager and signed 9 players in January. 

One or the other. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Scoham said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    So what's the concensus?

Is the issue:

Or 

Both. THiS iS A toP TWo SqUAd isn't true either.
     I agree. But it should have been a top 6 side at least throughout the season, with a really brilliant manager it could have overachieved to top 2.
    I think we needed Doughty, Inniss and Famewo to stay fit to overachieve. No manager gets us up there with Oshilaja and Pearce playing regularly at CB.
    To be fair a half decent one might have signed a center half in January?

Even if it ment sending Famewo back, he isn't THAT good that 2 games in 8 weeks means he was worth keeping. 
  • Options

Normally they aren't actually sacked, they are basically placed on gardening leave.  It's why Roland employed people who were already on the pay roll. In Italy it's quite common for a manager to actually replace the guy who replaced him!

You normally just pay them until they get another job.  Could be expensive if Lee wants to spend the rest of his contract fishing.  As is his right. 
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    Is bowyer trying to lose his job?

His heart is no longer in it. Its 100% gone.

I think he's currently going through a personal private difficult time.

He has to go. Sooner the better, so we can still wish him well and remember the good times.
    Do you want to expand on line three?
    That 3 years of "shit" eventually got to much for him?  
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    I hope he's not the general tosser, one dimensional dressing room bully that his post match comments suggest.

That's not who he is. 

He no longer has the understanding emotional connection to players. He's lost all patience and can't stand the fact that he has no direct control.

Which means it is now simply just about him...and how great he apparently thinks he is.

Bowyer is not a villain, but he definitely has lost it. It's just rather sad. He's lost the dressing room and lost professional dignity.

I suggest everyone gives this thread a light break. The digital age/Charlton being shit... has rather boring soul destroying internal dire consequences.

Logging off.

Footballers professional dignity goes no further than their monthly pay cheque.
    I'd suggest Bowyer does not need the dough and cares for the future of Charlton. 
    What do you think he does not need financial security? I honestly think he won’t get another football job after this. He only got a chance with us due to playing for us. I hope he gets a full pay off. Yes he’s sounding like an idiot now but on our darkest days he was someone that we could rally behind.  That Wembley song now seems a long time ago.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    So what's the concensus?

Is the issue:

Or 

C The players could not give a s***, Bowyer does.

Out them and replace in the summer and 'do a Powell' next season.
    How many games you watched this season again?
  • Options
    I don’t see how he survives, Bowyer is killing the club - so sad to see as 18 months ago i thought he could do no wrong. Needs a break away from football imo. Sigh, fed up with all Charlton at the moment
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    So what's the concensus?

Is the issue:

Or 

How many games you watched this decade again?

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    So what's the concensus?

Is the issue:

Or 

Agreed - it's obviously nothing to do with Lee as he's a great manager. He cares and the players don't and it's as simple as that. We just need to clear the squad out and get in players that care - if we keep doing this it should work eventually.

The alternative would be to get a new manager but after the loyalty Lee has shown that would be wrong. Loyalty is more important than results.
  • Options
    esseffect said:
    esseffect said:
    It’s funny how you all picked different sides every week but want a settled side too. 

Just because the spotlight isn’t on your every week you get away with.

You’re not professional football managers for a reason.

”yeah but it’s my opinion” grow up 
    What does Lee Bowyer have on you? How, after the abysmal performance and press conference, do you manage to find a way to turn this on other fans? 
    Please tell me what you would do different in his shoes
    I was thinking a few games ago that maybe we should set up more defensively at home, like we do for an away game.
  • Options
    Just read his utterly ridiculous quotes.

He's trying to force the issue. TS will presumably have to pay him off eventually, wish he'd do it ASAP. 
  • Options
    Even if we don't have the right manager lined up to start right now, I would be up for letting Euell cut his teeth. He's far enough from the first team setup to have a fresh perspective, but he will be aware of what's going on. I think the longer this version of Bowyer stays around, the more poisonous the situation becomes.
  • Options
    the comments of the Tangerines manager were quite telling ‘we had some moments if quality, they left space between their back 4 and midfield which we knower we would do, we took advantage of that. They had a few moments go against them but so have we in the season.’

We have really suffered from not having a box to box midfielder or much in the way of link between those midfielders who are mostly attacking and those who are mostly defending. 

That said, can’t see how Bowyer can create a team given he’s public ally said they are mostly shit and don’t care. May well be true but it’s never going to get them to play for you. I think, with regret, he’s done here. 

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!