Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Has Bowyer lost it?

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Even if we don't have the right manager lined up to start right now, I would be up for letting Euell cut his teeth. He's far enough from the first team setup to have a fresh perspective, but he will be aware of what's going on. I think the longer this version of Bowyer stays around, the more poisonous the situation becomes.
    I agree. At least Euell would help bring through one or two youngsters for next year.  Bowyer complains players don’t care, and yet does n’t give a chance to Lapslie and others that really would have gone the extra yard.  
  • Options
    Lapslie clearly wasn’t good enough though! I’m not sure Morgan is either! 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Scoham said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    So what's the concensus?

Is the issue:

A - Bowyer has lost the dressing room as suggested by a player to J Block

Or 

B - ThE PlAyErS ArEn'T gOoD eNoUgH.
    Both. THiS iS A toP TWo SqUAd isn't true either.
     I agree. But it should have been a top 6 side at least throughout the season, with a really brilliant manager it could have overachieved to top 2.
    I think we needed Doughty, Inniss and Famewo to stay fit to overachieve. No manager gets us up there with Oshilaja and Pearce playing regularly at CB.
    To be fair a half decent one might have signed a center half in January?

Even if it ment sending Famewo back, he isn't THAT good that 2 games in 8 weeks means he was worth keeping. 
    Famewo's return has shown our problems defensively can't be sold just by having a better CB in the team.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Even if we don't have the right manager lined up to start right now, I would be up for letting Euell cut his teeth. He's far enough from the first team setup to have a fresh perspective, but he will be aware of what's going on. I think the longer this version of Bowyer stays around, the more poisonous the situation becomes.
    I agree. At least Euell would help bring through one or two youngsters for next year.  Bowyer complains players don’t care, and yet does n’t give a chance to Lapslie and others that really would have gone the extra yard.  
    I always think it's bullshit when managers drone on about players not caring and not trying - it's invariably failing managers who are not good man managers who come out with this stuff. 
  • Options
    I have heard from someone with contacts that TS has said that there will be a clear-out in the summer and, consequently, many of the players are no longer interested in playing for Charlton knowing that they will be out at the end of the season. That leaves us with the need for 10 points with a disinterested squad...
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    So what's the concensus?

Is the issue:

Or 

C The players could not give a s***, Bowyer does.

Out them and replace in the summer and 'do a Powell' next season.
    Lee Bowyer Athletic
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Scoham said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    So what's the concensus?

Is the issue:

Or 

I agree. But it should have been a top 6 side at least throughout the season, with a really brilliant manager it could have overachieved to top 2.
    I think we needed Doughty, Inniss and Famewo to stay fit to overachieve. No manager gets us up there with Oshilaja and Pearce playing regularly at CB.

Even if it ment sending Famewo back, he isn't THAT good that 2 games in 8 weeks means he was worth keeping. 
    Famewo's return has shown our problems defensively can't be sold just by having a better CB in the team.
    Exactly the point I have been making since November, and constantly got told

"but the center halves are both injured"

But it is also a fact if you only have 2 center halves that are Oshilaja and Pearce it's reckless managment not to correct it at the first opportunity.  Especially as we have now played about 12 games since the window opened and Inniss and Famewo have played 2 between them.  Inniss must also be at least a month (7 games) away from starting? 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    cafc_se7 said:
    I honestly don’t get that comment. Not good enough for our current team? Please don’t make me laugh. Certainly better than Watson and Pratley. Maybe not good enough for top 2 in the league granted, but way better than what we have. 
  • Options
    I have heard from someone with contacts that TS has said that there will be a clear-out in the summer and, consequently, many of the players are no longer interested in playing for Charlton knowing that they will be out at the end of the season. That leaves us with the need for 10 points with a disinterested squad...
    Presumably then Lee keeps selecting the ones who are not interested...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    https://twitter.com/richcawleyslp/status/1365715962398445569?s=21

Who is this aimed at?

My guess is Jaiyesimi. He seems an easy target for Lee to bully.

He should be saying it to Watson and Pratley but there’s no way he will.

Be a man Lee, take the blame.

Edit: apologies I don’t know how to show the body of the tweet.
    Oshilaja maybe?
    Shinnie
    Jaiyesimi lost the ball at the halfway line leading to 0-2. 
    LB blamed the ref for the penalties.
    If Jaiyesimi didnt backtrack like hell, he is the one having a Tuesday off...?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Scoham said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    So what's the concensus?

Is the issue:

Or 

But it is also a fact if you only have 2 center halves that are Oshilaja and Pearce it's reckless managment not to correct it at the first opportunity.  Especially as we have now played about 12 games since the window opened and Inniss and Famewo have played 2 between them.  Inniss must also be at least a month (7 games) away from starting? 
    How do we know they didn't try but just didn't rate any of the options out there? From what Bowyer had said that was the case.

We needed a CB that:
    - Was affordable under the wage cap
    - Proven/experienced enough that we could be fairly certain they'd be better than Oshilaja and Pearce
    - Fit and ready to come straight in to the team
    - Available to sign
    - Understood they may be dropped once Inniss and Famewo were fit (which at the time we were hoping would be earlier than it actually turned out)

It's a bit different than signing a winger or striker who you can give time off the bench and rotate a bit more.
  • Options
    cafc_se7 said:
    I honestly don’t get that comment. Not good enough for our current team? Please don’t make me laugh. Certainly better than Watson and Pratley. Maybe not good enough for top 2 in the league granted, but way better than what we have. 
    Well TS is wasting his own money and everyone’s time if he peruses with bowyer.

When fans go back and if this is still being served up, TS will know first hand what the majority want done.
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    I’ve read some hyperbolic stuff on here, but ‘killing the club’ is about the worst tonight.

Let fans let off steam on a fans forum. Stop trying to pick holes in their wording.

You know what they mean.
    Exactly
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    The comment LB made today about Pratley leaving everything on the pitch and he only wants players that will fight for the club goes to show that he puts commitment above talent but that does make a bit of a mockery of getting shot of Lapslie you couldn't knock his effort. The loyalty to pratley and Watson has gone to far imo if any other player did what pratley did today they would be publicly lambasted by LB 
    Didn’t bowyer say that lapslie was moved on because if the cap?
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Scoham said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    So what's the concensus?

Is the issue:

Or 

How do we know they didn't try but just didn't rate any of the options out there? From what Bowyer had said that was the case.

We needed a CB that:
    - Was affordable under the wage cap
    - Proven/experienced enough that we could be fairly certain they'd be better than Oshilaja and Pearce
    - Fit and ready to come straight in to the team
    - Available to sign
    - Understood they may be dropped once Inniss and Famewo were fit (which at the time we were hoping would be earlier than it actually turned out)

It's a bit different than signing a winger or striker who you can give time off the bench and rotate a bit more.
    Point is that missing a centre half was not the biggest issue.  Blind loyalty to two slow and error phone defensive midfielders and not replacing them with someone that could actually protect the centre halves is the issue. We may have even been able to stumble through with Pearce if there was some protection in front!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    AndyG said:
    The comment LB made today about Pratley leaving everything on the pitch and he only wants players that will fight for the club goes to show that he puts commitment above talent but that does make a bit of a mockery of getting shot of Lapslie you couldn't knock his effort. The loyalty to pratley and Watson has gone to far imo if any other player did what pratley did today they would be publicly lambasted by LB 
    LB has the same limited approach that Keane had as a manager and it won't work with a lot of players. You have to manage different personality types with a flexible approach and not assume everyone has your mindset.
    Exactly, and you still see that abrasive attitude and rubbing people up the wrong way when he’s on sky sports. Peas in a pod I’d say.
  • Options
    Even stranger is he didn't shy away from criticising Pratley last time he was stupidly sent off not so long ago, so what's changed?
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/lee-bowyer-has-say-after-darren-pratley-is-sent-off-during-charltons-loss-at-hull/
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Agree. Hopefully someone is good enough to step up.

However finding a defensive midfielder with legs is a lot easier than finding a 20 goal striker. Long legged Plymouth DCM and even the Gills CM that scored against us are much better than what we’ve got. So even if there was not a player to take the championship by storm I am sure that we could have improved!
  • Options
    Lost it?

He's found A BIG BAG OF SHITE...
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Even stranger is he didn't shy away from criticising Pratley last time he was stupidly sent off not so long ago, so what's changed?
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/lee-bowyer-has-say-after-darren-pratley-is-sent-off-during-charltons-loss-at-hull/
    Totally forgot about that one - kind of throws a spanner into the works if you think Bowyer won't criticise his favourites.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!