Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Has Bowyer lost it?

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Outside of the ownership, everything that could have gone wrong, has gone wrong this season:

Recruitment
    Injuries to key players
    Management/coaching of the team
    Refereeing decisions
    Wonder strikes from the opposition
    Team selection & tactics
    Wong dressing room
    Crap pitches

Can’t see any straws worth clutching at right now. Also, the players I’d like to keep are never going to join permanently. 
    Can only see a new broom being the solution. Would a new manager get better performances out of the same players? There’s only one way to find out. 
  • Options
    Recruitment has been shocking too. 
  • Options
    If the strategic decision by Sandgaard is to write off this season now and ride it out with no change, this could get pretty grim. Our run in will see us playing back to back against teams playing for promotion with a disheartened squad playing for nothing and knowing they are leaving. 
    I struggle to see where we’ll pick up the last 7-10 points we need in that scenario.

Time to bet on us losing every game, easy money or force a few good unexpected results.
  • Options
    . The club once again feels very toxic.....although for a very different reason this time! 
  • Options
    If the strategic decision by Sandgaard is to write off this season now and ride it out with no change, this could get pretty grim. Our run in will see us playing back to back against teams playing for promotion with a disheartened squad playing for nothing and knowing they are leaving. 
    I thought this, and think we may as well play the kids and players on longer term contracts only.  Henry and Morgan in centre midfield, Barker back in the team etc.  I’d be happy to see this now, well happier at least.
  • Options
    I thought this, and think we may as well play the kids and players on longer term contracts only.  Henry and Morgan in centre midfield, Barker back in the team etc.  I’d be happy to see this now, well happier at least.
    We haven't got much to lose - another couple of victories and we're safe from relegation. A lot of the squad won't be here next season.

A fresh start next season will lift morale.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    I struggle to see where we’ll pick up the last 7-10 points we need in that scenario.

Time to bet on us losing every game, easy money or force a few good unexpected results.

MuttleyCAFC said:
    The team is devoid of confidence so it is a bit harsh writing a player off in these circumstances.
    Sky bet obviously thinks that same they are not offering odds on a regelation "at the moment" 
  • Options
    In his post match interview yesterday he mentioned encouraging players to express themselves on the pitch, I feel this wasn’t the truth and he was attempting to project himself in a good light, you can see the creativity ebb away week after week, our promising players are slowly being suppressed by creativity vampirism.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2021
    . The club once again feels very toxic.....although for a very different reason this time! 
    Nah, message boards and the clown show that is social media feels a bit frantic, the club itself is in a good place 
  • Options
    Shrew said:
    CAFC main site down for maintenance at the moment....

I blame Bowyer.
  • Options
    "Could get grim"....it has been for quite some time and is now starting to mirror last season, but at a lower level but with more resources! 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    So what's the concensus?

Is the issue:

A - Bowyer has lost the dressing room as suggested by a player to J Block

Or 

B - ThE PlAyErS ArEn'T gOoD eNoUgH.
    C The players could not give a s***, Bowyer does.

Out them and replace in the summer and 'do a Powell' next season.
    How many games you watched this season again?
    One.
    I think you need to respect the opinion more of those that have watched most games/every game, surely you just don’t have enough experience of the current gameplay to form an opinion as steadfast as the one you have.
    you seem very confident of your own views, why is that? Unless you have first hand experience of the current situation aren’t your opinions based on guesswork; the same as others.
    it’s like like a doctor making a house call and examining the patient through the letterbox.

I agree with you completely.
    I respect the opinion of the guys that watch the games, I have to as I do not watch them.  My stance on Boywer is purely out of his record up to December 2019.  For the second half of the 19/20 season he was hampered with all the backroom s*** going on and we were 60 seconds away from staying up.  This season we started off reasonably well but we have been in freefall, I realise that.
    Of course my opinions are based on guesswork.  You doctor analogy is funny and true, thank you for being witty and not pan me.
    Aside from the above, my view is that he should have the summer to sort things out and then assess things after 15 games.
    If you look back through my posts, I do not comment on the games, my comments are based on blind loyalty to Bowyer.  There you go.
  • Options
    Shrew said:
    CAFC main site down for maintenance at the moment....
    "It's unacceptable...{sigh}...simple programming errors are killing us. It's the basics, I tell them what to do but time and time again, they make stupid errors. I've told one individual, that he won't be updating match reports on the website again"
  • Options
    After racking my brains, the best theory I can come up with is Thomas agreed to give Bowyer this season with a target of top six. He being a man of principle won't go back on his word.

If that is correct, we probably won't see Bowyer gone until top six is impossible or he walks which I think is unlikely for reasons we have already discussed.

There is a new issue looming though. If we carry on like this, we can't rule out relegation. A few more defeats and this possibility will get larger and larger.  

And if Sandgaard is a man of principle, he will start with Bowyer next season.
  • Options
    Normally in most football scenarios poor performances and manager outbursts about everything would end up with a sacking.

However in our case I haven't a clue as to what TS is trying to achieve as I'm concerned he won't sack LB which seems bonkers to me.

Grim is one word being spoken but can anyone realisticly see the next few games going any better? 

It's toxic and we will continue to slide down the table if things don't change. 

Please TS you have been amazing at saving the club off the pitch but now save it on! 

• Options
    edited February 2021
    After racking my brains, the best theory I can come up with is Thomas agreed to give Bowyer this season with a target of top six. He being a man of principle won't go back on his word.

If that is correct, we probably won't see Bowyer gone until top six is impossible or he walks which I think is unlikely for reasons we have already discussed.

There is a new issue looming though. If we carry on like this, we can't rule out relegation. A few more defeats and this possibility will get larger and larger.  

Not if he hasn't assured him of such. Being a man of principle is not the same thing as being a fool.
  • Options
    Replace the word ‘club’ for ‘squad’ and I think you’re right.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Do you think Lee stills Thomas about tactics before the game? I thought that was a bit weird
  • Options
    Recruitment hasn’t been good but I’m not sure which players are good enough or whether the team spirit and overall performances are just affecting them. Amos, Gunter, Shinnie are the players I think of here, maybe Gilbey, Washington. 

That’s why it’s vital to give a new manager a few games this season. Realistically it’s not practical to come in and make 20 new signings so the new guy needs to have a look and see them in action before the summer. 
  • Options

Why? How do you come to that conclusion?
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Elf’s has admitted his comments are based on blind loyalty to Bowyer. Whilst you have to respect the honesty, you can’t take any of it seriously because he’s not paying £10 a game to watch the shit being served up. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Elf’s has admitted his comments are based on blind loyalty to Bowyer. Whilst you have to respect the honesty, you can’t take any of it seriously because he’s not paying £10 a game to watch the shit being served up. 
    I get that, and while I find it a bit odd, I just don't understand his thought process around Sandgaard principles

If we don't make top 6, Bowyer has failed at the goal given to him by his boss. Sandgaard is well within his rights to sack him at that point.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:

I get that, and while I find it a bit odd, I just don't understand his thought process around Sandgaard principles

If we don't make top 6, Bowyer has failed at the goal given to him by his boss. Sandgaard is well within his rights to sack him at that point.
    He's entitled to sack him right now. It's the manner of the results that is so bad. Unfortunately Bowyer is not a manager.
  • Options
    The body language yesterday was very telling imo. LB was just walking around on the sideline with his hands in his pockets. Not sure how long he stayed out on the pitch at halftime but apparently he was late getting back to the dressing room. I would have thought after that first half performance he would have been running back to the dressing room to talk to the players. It isnt going to be pretty to watch but I think the next few weeks are going to be horrible as we have to go through the last days of his management. Wigan must be looking forward to Tuesday !
  • Options
    Was Pardew’s last game v Wigan on a Tuesday (league cup) ?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!