Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Has Bowyer lost it?

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2021
    I know Airman said £700k but I believe it is £800k. Mind you if it is £700k plus, the figure either gets rounded up or down.

(For clarity: I was told £400k and was referring to the total value).
  • Options
    The defenition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome: in this case LB and his man management.
  • Options
    Genuine question. Are there any other managers in the football leagues that out their players publicly? Does any other manager have that style and does it benefit their team.

Just unsure if this is just bowyers style and no-one elses throughout the football leagues or other managers also do the same.
  • Options
    What loyalty he has shown through the ESI shitstorm , nothing whatsoever to do with the contract he got out of them 
    Imagine how bad it would have been if he had walked last January, we might have got relegated and be in the bottom half of league 1 :wink:
  • Options
    It isn't his style. It is his style when things start to go wrong. A lot of people were genuinely surprised when he was doing a good job as a manager. I assumed he had changed, but clearly aspects of his personality were always there, waiting for a bit of adversity. 
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    Problem with Bowyer is that he competed at such a higher level than these players and is so much mentally stronger. There is a reason they are playing at this level.
    Yeah he has played at a higher level than almost all the squad (although if he ever slagged off Gunter, old Chrissy boy could ask him if they could compare international caps and euro semi finals one night....).

But mentally stronger? After his Wibble-tastic offerings of the last few weeks I wouldn’t be surprised to see him speak after Wigan with his pants on his head and a portion of the north stands finest chips up each nostril 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Genuine question. Are there any other managers in the football leagues that out their players publicly? Does any other manager have that style and does it benefit their team.

Just unsure if this is just bowyers style and no-one elses throughout the football leagues or other managers also do the same.
    Jose Mourinho. Made it clear his Man Utd team weren't good enough. He's also called out Spurs players recently and spoken ill of the squad in general.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    MrLargo said:
    Doesn't look like he's going does it??

Really can't understand Sandgaard's thinking here 
    Whilst I can no longer defend Bowyer's position, I'm absolutely delighted that our new owner isn't trigger happy and doesn't bow to pressure from supporters on social media.

It's very easy to come on here and say that he should sack him immediately, with the hefty payout that entails. None of us really know what's going on behind the scenes. Maybe he's not impressed by any of the available alternatives at the moment. We've almost certainly blown any chance of the play offs and need only 6 or 7 points from our least 15 games to be safe from relegation. Why rush? I'd rather sit through a couple more months of this dross if it means getting a better replacement in the summer, rather than rushing to appoint Cowley or Cook just to gain the short term approval of a proportion of our supporters.
    Also when the time comes to appoint the next manager, a selling point of CAFC will be that Thomas gives you time to put things right through an extended bad run of results.

Not too many owners will do that these days and I would imagine it can put some of the best candidates off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chunes said:

Jose Mourinho. Made it clear his Man Utd team weren't good enough. He's also called out Spurs players recently and spoken ill of the squad in general.
    Yeah he has gone early at spurs but its normally in his 3rd season when he is trying to get the sack.  See Chelsea, twice, Madrid and United. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Yeah but Southall would have given him anything for the PR, he obviously had no intention of paying it. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    And yet Bowyer got his new Contract when we were in the Championship (in response to Scotty's comment)
  • Options
    £700k a year 😳 he’s done well to stay 
    Seriously surely a third tier manager shouldn’t even be on a half of that 

£700k pa to call your work force c&&t$ and suck the life blood out of them - nice work if you can get it. 
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    Problem with Bowyer is that he competed at such a higher level than these players and is so much mentally stronger. There is a reason they are playing at this level.
    Yeah he has played at a higher level than almost all the squad (although if he ever slagged off Gunter, old Chrissy boy could ask him if they could compare international caps and euro semi finals one night....).

But mentally stronger? After his Wibble-tastic offerings of the last few weeks I wouldn’t be surprised to see him speak after Wigan with his pants on his head and a portion of the north stands finest chips up each nostril 
    And Lee could talk about his 397 Premiership appearances to Chris' 25. 

If Bowyer was Welsh he would have got quite a few caps for them too.
  • Options
    If he was gonna be sacked before the next match I am guessing it would have happened today, when TS is most frustrated. Since he has not been, looks like he has at least one more match to get a win.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    Doesn't look like he's going does it??

Really can't understand Sandgaard's thinking here 
    Whilst I can no longer defend Bowyer's position, I'm absolutely delighted that our new owner isn't trigger happy and doesn't bow to pressure from supporters on social media.

It's very easy to come on here and say that he should sack him immediately, with the hefty payout that entails. None of us really know what's going on behind the scenes. Maybe he's not impressed by any of the available alternatives at the moment. We've almost certainly blown any chance of the play offs and need only 6 or 7 points from our least 15 games to be safe from relegation. Why rush? I'd rather sit through a couple more months of this dross if it means getting a better replacement in the summer, rather than rushing to appoint Cowley or Cook just to gain the short term approval of a proportion of our supporters.
    Also when the time comes to appoint the next manager, a selling point of CAFC will be that Thomas gives you time to put things right through an extended bad run of results.

Not too many owners will do that these days and I would imagine it can put some of the best candidates off.

Can we please remember Bowyer got his new contract when we were a Championship club and that’s why it’ll be inflated? Even so, I imagine it’s towards the lower end of that Championship spectrum.

Beforehand he worked for 2 years on relative pennies so it’s not like he’s here to bleed the club dry. Can we kill that sentiment before it takes root please?
    Agree 100%
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’ve been told his original contract with ESI was around £700,000 per year. Reduced to around £400,000 with relegation and a notice period of a year. I can’t verify myself as Tahnoon did not post his contract on the inter web. 
  • Options
    £400k a year.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Why on earth are people bothered about what Bowyer gets paid? Witch hunt. 
    I guess its speculation over whether its a reason as to why Sandgaard doesnt want to sack him

Eg £1.5m is roughly what he'd have to pay if Bowyer is on something like £700k - £750k with two years left
  • Options
    Isn’t  the amount of money Bowyer or the club can pay a player relevant to his excuses after all we all like to know what the players are on. We effectively pay some of those wages ?
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    I wonder if TS is looking at the Wigan game on Wednesday as last chance saloon. They are down the bottom of the form table along with us. He might be thinking a win could be the turn of the tide. May be LB's last game.
    Tuesday

pedant out. 😃
  • Options
    My opinion of Bowyers management hasn't changed since our promotion season. Even back then with the players we had, we never seemed convincing in our wins and certainly not entertaining to watch, but he was still in his "probational" period and promotion gave me hope (I still stand by my comment a few weeks ago that we limped our way there). A short honeymoon period in the championship before he was found out. Due to all the shit going on off the pitch, he became almost the messiah to most fans and could do no wrong and I think he himself believed the hype. A new steady ownership should have given him a kickstart to greater things, but instead, strip away the excuses of off the field interruptions and his frailties are there for all to see.

Something I read from another poster was that maybe he won't get sacked until the end of the season, as Sandgaard might have someone lined up, but not available until the summer. This might be the case, but I'd still rather see him gone now and get a caretaker in for now

That’s my view too @tangoflash.  I’m not being wise after the event but I’ve never been convinced by Bowyer.  I admire him sticking with it through all the shyte and his loyalty isn’t in question but his tactics, man management and general deportment for want of a better word have left me cold. 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Why on earth are people bothered about what Bowyer gets paid? Witch hunt. 
    Ermmm is this a wind up? Of course the fans are going to have a vested interested in how much resources a failing manager is taking out of the club. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Can anyone think of a manager who turned a run of form and an unmotivated team like this around? If he is staying, I'd at least like to give myself some hope.
    Can't think of many.

Hassenhuttl turned Southampton around. They looked doomed last season, struggled a bit and lost 9-0 at home to Leicester. Many thought he'd be gone within a few weeks but he turned it round.
    Arteta earlier this season, loads of people were saying he should go, many on the notorious AFTV were saying the same. He seems to have turned it round, now they're just 3 points off a Europa league spot.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!