Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Has Bowyer lost it?

Comments

• Options
    Rothko said:
    Cook smacks me as a slightly better Robinson, and not the man you would see taking the club through two promotions.

Just not convinced, sorry about that
    I'd much rather Cook than the Cowley brothers
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Cook smacks me as a slightly better Robinson, and not the man you would see taking the club through two promotions.

Did you expect Bowyer to be promotion manager? Or just a caretaker til we found someone better?

Managers can unexpectedly excel so long as they have their players onside and believing in themselves.

Keep telling them they're not good enough or overachieving and they might start to believe it.
  • Options
    My biggest problem about next season is there seems to be a big gap now in the Championship to div 1,three good teams coming down by the looks of it 
  • Options
    doronron said:
    My biggest problem about next season is there seems to be a big gap now in the Championship to div 1,three good teams coming down by the looks of it 
    2 good teams and Wycombe.
    But you also have Sunderland who will be a force next season, great manager and a big budget to work with.

The more we delay the inevitable the harder things will get for us. 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    doronron said:
    2 good teams and Wycombe.
    But you also have Sunderland who will be a force next season, great manager and a big budget to work with.

The more we delay the inevitable the harder things will get for us. 
    Great manager? Hmmm
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    is he still manager? 
    Have you heard something...??
    no 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Rothko said:

Did you expect Bowyer to be promotion manager? Or just a caretaker til we found someone better?

Managers can unexpectedly excel so long as they have their players onside and believing in themselves.

Keep telling them they're not good enough or overachieving and they might start to believe it.
    Yeah I did, though with a decent run and stability at the top of the club, he could potentially build something, and was of that feeling until recently. I still give him a pass on the relegation as the club was a massive clusterfuck, and he had his hands tied behind his back from the moment the embargo came in. My concern of late is, and I've mentioned this before, is the manager he's learnt the most from is David O'Leary, all about us when we win, and it's them when we lose.

On Cook, Wigan went on a run not a lot as we did in Powell's full season in the Championship, which covered multiple problems at the club, a bit like us. 

Sandgaard will want someone he can trust to see the project through, he doesn't smack me panic-driven leader of an organisation, so he (with Roddy and Mumford) will be looking at people they believe will deliver two promotions and improve as a manager doing so. 
  • Options
    doronron said:
    I don’t think there is, Wycombe are well organised but they won’t be a favourite to go straight back up.

Rotherham, a yo-yo club, will be up there but again through being well run not necessarily high in quality.

Coventry are in turmoil off the field as we were.

Birmingham been floating with the idea of league one for years now and would need a big overhaul of the squad.

Sheff Wed I think will get out of it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don't think it does, I don't think he's going to say to the press, Thomas has given me x games to turn it round etc etc 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    You can scrape through games when you have a solid foundation, Lee. Not when you have a giant hole in midfield every game and part of it filled with the fossil of an ancient dinosaur. 
  • Options
    The moment the playoffs are not mathematically achievable. Thomas I reckon will pull the trigger. It looks good for him in the long run that he backs his manager over us losing our shit on Social Media:)
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Rothko said:

Yeah I did, though with a decent run and stability at the top of the club, he could potentially build something, and was of that feeling until recently. I still give him a pass on the relegation as the club was a massive clusterfuck, and he had his hands tied behind his back from the moment the embargo came in. My concern of late is, and I've mentioned this before, is the manager he's learnt the most from is David O'Leary, all about us when we win, and it's them when we lose.

On Cook, Wigan went on a run not a lot as we did in Powell's full season in the Championship, which covered multiple problems at the club, a bit like us. 

Sandgaard will want someone he can trust to see the project through, he doesn't smack me panic-driven leader of an organisation, so he (with Roddy and Mumford) will be looking at people they believe will deliver two promotions and improve as a manager doing so. 
    The comparison with David O is a very good one, although his critiscm of his players was normally how young they were and still learning.  Even David Batty and the like.  But your right it was I win, they lose. 

Without looking it up the only managers, in the modern era I think think of who have taken a club from tier 3 to the top divison and kept them there for more than 1 season are Howe and Lambert (assuming Sheff United go down).   Neither's CV was that impressive before they got that job, in Lambert case since either.  Who knows with Howe. 

IMO we need to get in the championship and stay there fast.  If that's under a drap but functional manager that's fine.  Once we are in the championship we can attract better 1st team players, better youth players, better u23s and think about a footballing philosophy, ethos, synergy and all that.  You can't do that in the 3rd tier. 

• Options
    edited March 2021
    The two CAFC's sticking together. At the current rate on Sunday we could be 7th or 15th. 

FUN!

Shrewsbury & Fleetwood will be in touching distance of overtaking us in time for next week. 

MORE FUN!

If we don't break our run of form and be 17th at the end of next weekend!
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    RedChaser said:
    You shouldn’t be surprised as I keep saying TS and only TS will decide when enough is enough so there’s no point getting your hopes up. Accept it for the the time being. 

It is what it is, maybe try and focus on those players who appear not to give a toss for the shirt and take your frustrations out on them 😉.
    But why don't they care? 

Lee needs to inspire them for the rest of the season if he isn't going to be sacked. He needs to get them onside stop the negativity as it clearly doesn't help. I feel bad for the player who was told he won't play at Wigan, i mean how many managers go up to a player at the end of a game and  say your crap and  you're not playing the next game, that his a huge confidence blow to whoever it is(Deji i guess). Bowyer doesn't seem to understand empathy and subtlety which is a massive problem when that one of the main parts of a managers job. e.g. Look at how Klopp treats his players, he is very positive towards them.

No one would be too angry if we could see the players were really trying but just aren't good enough, but barely trying like the last few games is just not good enough and that's down to the manager.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    JamesSeed said:
    Out of all the opposition teams this season I thought Doncaster Rovers played the best football. They ripped us apart at the Valley (I was 'lucky' enough to be there) playing nice free flowing well organised football. We were never in with a shout. They seem to have done well all season until their recent dip. Not sure who there manager is, but if he could get us playing the way Donny did I’d be more than happy. 
    A youngish, enthusiastic and progressive L1 manager who could cope in the Championship would be ok by me, it doesn’t have to be a well know name, or an ex Charlton player. 

Darren Moore has just left Doncaster Rovers to join Sheffield Wednesday :-(
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry wrong thread added to PPG thread.
  • Options
    CHG said:
    Probably nothing, but Chris Parkes was spotted at the training ground early this morning, by my pal. Is this standard for the club secretary to be at the training ground Monday morning?
    yes, as it's his office, and he might be a early starter? 
  • Options
    he literally lives next door
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Don't think it does, I don't think he's going to say to the press, Thomas has given me x games to turn it round etc etc 
    It'll be too late by then. A change should've happened weeks ago, but definitely after Saturday.  I can't believe TS is prepared to let the season just fizzle out. So frustrating 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!