Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Has Bowyer lost it?

Comments

• Options
    I think we do need to get clarification on what he was referring to when he mentioned the reason players aren't performing but I didn't invent the explanation. 

I did say if that is true rather than it 100% was.  What was he referring to as the problem?
    Maybe the players want a pay rise now the wage cap is lifted
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    I don't like the way he has treated players, I know for a fact that at least some players don't like it and I have been consistently against him since discovering these distasteful and damaging behaviours. I have been early to this table and many people have joined me, but I feel my position has been vindicated by what we have seen in terms of results and performances.

Put it this way. I haven't been proven wrong despite wishing to be.
  • Options
    He can make personal attacks on players and fans and not take any responsibility for it or poor performances and clueless tactics and yet some think that is fine. 
    You don’t seriously think it’s the same do you? 
    Where, for example, has bowyer ever used a players salary as an attack?

• Options
    edited March 2021
    MattF said:
    This is all very "convenient" for Lee, apparently all is tika de boo as far as Thomas is concerned and he seems to get what the plan is, well words are cheap and easy to adapt to your own way of thinking.
    What's to say that maybe Thomas listens but doesn't hear quite as much as Lee might think, i can't see Thomas just saying fair enough Lee, at least you kind of tried.

• Options
    I attack him for being a poor manager with a lot of evidence to back that up. I think his salary is not something to attack him with, just evidence that he is not the Mr Loyal some would have us believe. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    What about Paul Lambert then :wink:

He took Norwich from the 3rd tier to the Premier league, and kept them there :smile:

Nigle Atkins got back to back promotions then got sacked at Southampton. 

I assume no one would want either of them or seriously thinks we can get Eddie Howe? 

The pool of mangers who have taken clubs from the 3rd tier to the Premier league, and kept them there, is so small it might as well not exist. 

The manager for next season, be it Bowyer or someone else has got to get us into the championship and keep us there.  Then you can think about philosophy and cultures. 

I think the main Cowley brother sounds like Pardew. And he's a proper oddball, did you see him on Soccer AM? Even if only walking a few yards he has to out his left arm in his pocket and then does a wierd shuffle. 

Not for me.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    In the Brazillian league, the saying is any manager is three games away from the sack at all times. I have a feeling this is the stage LB is at now, if we lose tomorrow and Sat that might be the end and surely any playoff hopes will be gone totally.  
    While the playoffs might be mathematically possible. 
    Realistically they disappeared weeks ago. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    TS is very sensible.  I think he’s definitely aware of the supposed unrest and that there has to be an underlying reason as to why it’s all gone so wrong, but he needs more evidence before deciding to let Bowyer go.  Results will definitely play a part in that, because even though he and Lee are speaking at the moment and it would assume Lee is saying we can still make the play offs, the run of defeats continuing will make it harder for Lee’s words to hold any weight 

He’s also probably very aware that he’s only 6 months into owning us now.  He seems like he’s a positive man who wants things to be given a chance and is a inspirational type leader, so I don’t think we’ll see him pull the trigger just yet.  Add to the fact he’ll have the added work of trying to find someone new.

If Bowyer was to go, I would want an outside apt.  Jackson or Euell just won’t cut it for me 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    se9addick said:
    He can make personal attacks on players and fans and not take any responsibility for it or poor performances and clueless tactics and yet some think that is fine. 
    “Personal attacks on...fans”? When was that?
    https://talksport.com/football/efl/798777/lee-bowyer-negative-charlton-fans-mk-dons-left-early/

I wouldn't say what Bowyer said was personal, though I am sure some fans took it that way, but it is another example of him looking to deflect blame.
  • Options
    Sorry, personal attacks on players and attacks on fans.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Thing is personal attacks for the players if they are not performing are just that personal, not something you do in public, that way you just cause unease.
  • Options
    So many quotes this season, so difficult to remember one week to the next. But did bowyer not immediately come out on the Monday and explain his remarks about what he’d said about the fans. I thought he admitted his expectations were too high for the 2,000 in attendance, he then went on to say how much he adores all the fans. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2021
    The defenition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome: in this case LB and his man management.
    “Be careful with that axe Eugene.”

Pink Floyd.

Ummagumma.

Axe.....slang word for a guitar, much used by musos and road crews.

• Options
    edited March 2021
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    “Personal attacks on...fans”? When was that?
    https://talksport.com/football/efl/798777/lee-bowyer-negative-charlton-fans-mk-dons-left-early/

I wouldn't say what Bowyer said was personal, though I am sure some fans took it that way, but it is another example of him looking to deflect blame.
    For goodness sake, that’s supposed to be a “personal attack” against fans? We’re just making stuff up to use against him now aren’t we?

I think Bowyer should go because the results have gone against him, our league position isn’t good enough and he doesn’t appear to be able to turn it around. 

Let’s leave all the other nonsense out. 
    Wow. Did you not read anything I or even MuttleyCAFC just wrote. It's utterly bemusing to me how quick posters are on here to get outraged and attack others. 

I'll run you through what happened:

Muttley said:

'He can make personal attacks on players and fans and not take any responsibility for it or poor performances and clueless tactics and yet some think that is fine.'

You then asked:

'“Personal attacks on...fans”? When was that?'

I then referred to what Muttley was likely talking about, and even said 'I wouldn't say what Bowyer said was personal' - though if you look at the reactions to what was said by fans on this very forum a lot of them took massive exception to this.

Muttley then even went on to say his quote was meant to read as:

'Sorry, personal attacks on players and attacks on fans.'

And then you decided to excuse people of talking nonsense and making stuff up! Which then seems to get a bunch of likes even though no one actually excused Bowyer of making personal attacks on fans,

Unique.

• Options
    edited March 2021
    So many quotes this season, so difficult to remember one week to the next. But did bowyer not immediately come out on the Monday and explain his remarks about what he’d said about the fans. I thought he admitted his expectations were too high for the 2,000 in attendance, he then went on to say how much he adores all the fans. 
    And if it was only that in isolation it would be fair enough. But it hasn't been. I know that his attack on Williams did not go down well in the dressing room - J Block has told us that first hand from a player. He said an incredibly nasty thing about not caring about a player's injury amongst hanging out others to dry.

What happens when you do this is you lose the dressing room. From getting attacked for having the temerity to mention it a few months back, it seems a lot are accepting it now. I want him out because I believe he is damaging us. I admit I am angry, but it is because he is still here and still blaming everybody else. 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    We have gone 8 games in the 3rd tier at home without winning. A 3rd tier which is mediocre compared to when we had Leeds, Southampton and Norwich, when Parky was at the helm.

I was consistently in the Bowyer must be given until the end of season because of the crazy injuries and nonsense going on pre Sandgaard But we are reaching a new nadir every week. I felt it was an end of an era after the Burton game. It's Thomas Sandgaard's choice and if he feels Lee Bowyer can reclaim his mojo then fine but the criticism of Jonny Williams does appear to have had an adverse effect ever since.

No problem with players getting a rocket but keep it in house. 

Whether wages or the constant changes in players, formations and the clear lack of any coherent system the players are all playing well below Par. That may be good in Golf but it's poor in football and the buck stops with the manager.

Why are so many players who have either played at a higher level or are loanees from premier clubs struggling at this low level.
    Millar TBF had played well but even he looked out of salts in last couple of games.

We are consistent; unfortunately consistently poor. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!