Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Has Bowyer lost it?

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Valley11 said:
    Why on earth are people bothered about what Bowyer gets paid? Witch hunt. 
    I guess its speculation over whether its a reason as to why Sandgaard doesnt want to sack him

Eg £1.5m is roughly what he'd have to pay if Bowyer is on something like £700k - £750k with two years left
    It doesn’t work like that. He’d probably get one year, but there may also be a formula in the contract.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    I guess its speculation over whether its a reason as to why Sandgaard doesnt want to sack him

Eg £1.5m is roughly what he'd have to pay if Bowyer is on something like £700k - £750k with two years left
    It doesn’t work like that. He’d probably get one year.
    Hence why the words "Mutual Consent" are always used?
  • Options
    Can we please remember Bowyer got his new contract when we were a Championship club and that’s why it’ll be inflated? Even so, I imagine it’s towards the lower end of that Championship spectrum.

Beforehand he worked for 2 years on relative pennies so it’s not like he’s here to bleed the club dry. Can we kill that sentiment before it takes root please?
    Personally think it's entirely relevant. For all the 'he stood by us, let's return the loyalty', it's worth remembering that he's been paid handsomely for it.
  • Options
    If he's still in charge for Tuesday's game, I think he'll be here for the rest of the season. 

A pretty depressing prospect with the way things are going 
  • Options
    If he's still in charge for Tuesday's game, I think he'll be here for the rest of the season. 

I think he'll be here for Tuesdays game because of the lack of turnaround between Sat - Tue games

Although doesnt stop him from putting Jason Euell in temporary charge, unless its not a route he wants to go down
  • Options
    is he still manager? 
  • Options

I think he'll be here for Tuesdays game because of the lack of turnaround between Sat - Tue games

Although doesnt stop him from putting Jason Euell in temporary charge, unless its not a route he wants to go down
    21st or 22nd of March is my bet, what ever the results between now and then. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redhenry said:
    is he still manager? 
    Have you heard something...??
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Can we please remember Bowyer got his new contract when we were a Championship club and that’s why it’ll be inflated? Even so, I imagine it’s towards the lower end of that Championship spectrum.

Beforehand he worked for 2 years on relative pennies so it’s not like he’s here to bleed the club dry. Can we kill that sentiment before it takes root please?
    Personally think it's entirely relevant. For all the 'he stood by us, let's return the loyalty', it's worth remembering that he's been paid handsomely for it.
    I don't think it's about money for him though.

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:

Very decent shout actually - Great time to replace him as we'll have a good break between games for the new man to get to know the squad
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    is he still manager? 
    Unfortunately 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Just out of interest, the bowyer out people have given many valid reasons for thinking he should move on. Im genuinely interested in the reason behind the bowyer to stay people’s thinking?why and what has he done to deserve the overly sentimental following?. Before any answer can we not mention the loyalty bollox as it is completely irrelevant based upon what we all actually want from our club collectively. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Our last 8 games are pretty tough, pretty much all of our opponents are in the top 10, so he needs to get a couple of wins before the end of March really.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Very decent shout actually - Great time to replace him as we'll have a good break between games for the new man to get to know the squad
    I know it's stating the obvious but we will either be so far in the brown stuff he will have to sack him or risk relegation or safe and they can spin it about different ideas on the way foward or something. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:

I don't think it's about money for him though.

I don't think it is either. But I do suspect that the large wage packet made it easier to stick around last season, and turn down all the supposed offers that came his way.
  • Options
    Well it's midday on Sunday and I can't but feel TS would have acted by now if he was going to remove LB after yesterday's fiasco. So I assume LB w I'll still be in charge on Tuesday. I'm amazed to be honest.

But the time has come for TS to say something. If he is not going to sack LB he needs to make it clear that LB retains his full support and will be allowed a full rebuild in the summer. 

Saying nothing is no longer an option. 
    Someone pointed out to me it was 5am in Colorado when I posted that earlier at midday. So it must be early afternoon there so I assume it will be as you are. 

I can only say again TS needs to say something soon. 

• Options
    Valley11 said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Valley11 said:
    Ermmm is this a wind up? Of course the fans are going to have a vested interested in how much resources a failing manager is taking out of the club. 
    Show the bloke some respect ffs. He’s tried his best and is being paid what his contract stipulates. I suspect you weren’t bothered about his salary when Bauer scored at Wembley. 
    If he was a chancer taking money out of the club then fair enough but Bowyer isn’t.
    Get a hobby some of you and take a break from Charlton Life now and then.
    Do me a favour, do you understand how football works? Transfer fee's, contracts etc are often openly discussed by pundits and fans a like. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well it's midday on Sunday and I can't but feel TS would have acted by now if he was going to remove LB after yesterday's fiasco. So I assume LB w I'll still be in charge on Tuesday. I'm amazed to be honest.

But the time has come for TS to say something. If he is not going to sack LB he needs to make it clear that LB retains his full support and will be allowed a full rebuild in the summer. 

Someone pointed out to me it was 5am in Colorado when I posted that earlier at midday. So it must be early afternoon there so I assume it will be as you are. 

Why does he? He said when he came in that Lee was the man for the job. Unless anything has changed in his view he doesn't need to. I'm sure he is keeping in close contact with Bow.
    If he did say Bow had the dreaded 'support of the board' we wouldn't believe him.

He did, last week, through Jim White 
  • Options
    Addick_8 said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Valley11 said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Valley11 said:
    Ermmm is this a wind up? Of course the fans are going to have a vested interested in how much resources a failing manager is taking out of the club. 
    Show the bloke some respect ffs. He’s tried his best and is being paid what his contract stipulates. I suspect you weren’t bothered about his salary when Bauer scored at Wembley. 
    If he was a chancer taking money out of the club then fair enough but Bowyer isn’t.
    Do me a favour, do you understand how football works? Transfer fee's, contracts etc are often openly discussed by pundits and fans a like. 
    You’re right however, in this situation it is being used to attack him and I don’t think that’s fair. 
    Not sure I agree. It’s relevant context that we (allegedly) have the highest paid league one manager by a distance and he has a team not playing for him and in free fall. 
  • Options

Why does he? He said when he came in that Lee was the man for the job. Unless anything has changed in his view he doesn't need to. I'm sure he is keeping in close contact with Bow.
    If he did say Bow had the dreaded 'support of the board' we wouldn't believe him.

To end speculation.

We can't go on like this to the end of the season.

And if he comes out and supports LB, admin can shut down this thread! 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    J BLOCK said:
    Addick_8 said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Valley11 said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Valley11 said:
    You’re right however, in this situation it is being used to attack him and I don’t think that’s fair. 
    Not sure I agree. It’s relevant context that we (allegedly) have the highest paid league one manager by a distance and he has a team not playing for him and in free fall. 
    I get that but again I don’t think salary plays any factor. No one would say anything 6 months ago when we was 3 points of 2nd. 

I don’t agree with everything Bowyer has done but these current crop of players except 1/2 of them are a disgrace. Lee hasn’t turned into a bad manager overnight. While I do think it’s best he may have to leave as I can’t see anyway back (Unless there is complete clear out in the summer if he stayed) I do think the current squad has got away with murder and thrown Lee under the bus.. big time.
  • Options
    Addick_8 said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Valley11 said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Valley11 said:
    I see it as cost versus value.

Bowyer isn't cheap, he was value at his price immediately following promotion, but I'd argue that since achieving his new contract the value hasn't been there.

Is that Bowyer's fault?

No.

Is it anything to do with us? 

No.

Is it likely delaying Sandgaard's trigger finger?

I don't think so.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

He did, last week, through Jim White 
    So, Jim White is the voice of Thomas..
    Don't take too much notice of what White says myself now, but IF Thomas wanted to get a voice out there to show support to Bow, why rely on Whites hit and miss reporting, why not just put out a message on the OS, at least the people who matter, the fans would be sure to see it.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!