Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton v Swindon | Sat 23 Jan 2021

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Rescued a draw there... Shouldnt be giving teams such a headstart!!

Great to see the players once again showing the desire and commitment to come back from 2-0 down

Bit more composure and luck in front of goal it could have been very different

Hopefully we've got a few defence minded players coming in before the Window closes now - I've commented plenty of times on Peterborough always having a poor defence (which costs them promotion), have felt for a few weeks we're copying their blueprint.

Be curious to see how injured Maatsen is now, been a few calls of Purrington to replace him today but think thats a given Tuesday night
  • Options
    we played well and should've won. lets get revenge on MK dons now. 
  • Options
    Such a lack.of urgency at the end when it was 2-2
    F-C playing with his hair. Pearce giving away free kicks. Amos taking an age to take a goal kick. I don't get it?
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    We must have had 10 good chances but the finishing was poor. Swindon created one chance all game and scored twice. Our surreal luck continues.

It's hard to remember the last time I felt so frustrated. Especially with Washington taking it round the keeper at the end there. It's hard to be too critical because they played quite well and created a lot but at the same time, I can't help but feel like I dislike this team. They just don't do it when it counts. 

We're dropping in the table and the teams above us have 2-3 games in hand. We need a massive run to be in contention again.
  • Options
    Not good enough again. Swindon are woefull ffs and we can’t beat them
  • Options
    On another day we'd have won that easily, we had enough chances. 

But ultimately it's not good enough and we're going to be too far behind soon.

5 points from 6 games in January.
    15 points from the last 14 games.
    9th worst defensive record in the division.
  • Options
    Attacking we are probably one of the best sides in the league. Thought millar was fantastic today. Defensively shambolic... I reckon I'd have saved that first goal! Matthews didn't help by letting him inside though. Take our chances, we win. Defender needed desperately. Swindon were a bag of shit.
  • Options
    I think we've actually looked pretty good the last 3.5 games. But still not picking up results.
    I don't 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    esseffect said:
    “Boywer got it all wrong” 

The same people who wanted the same line up
    I haven't seen a single person say that.  But let's not let facts get in the way. 
  • Options
    Should have won . Washington must score that . Another ruined afternoon  .
  • Options
    Once again, we give ourselves a mountain to climb by letting in sloppy goals 

really feel for Schwartz who just didn’t get any service today, similarly to Bogle , and just dependant on scraps.

with two huge players in aneke and stockley- we don’t want to cross the ball into the box nor play the long ball, why!? 

As have said the last God knows how many weeks , just don’t know when or how points are going to come , there’s no consistency or commitment to tactics! 

We’ve brought in yet another striker , who wasn’t given the service , and decided against a defender/CB - why? Are we so confident that famewo will be back soon?

frustrating! 

Looked at the starting 11 and really thought it was a winning side , yet we make teams (regardless of position and form) look fantastic
  • Options
    Players need tactics and confidence.
  • Options
    I just don’t know how we didn’t win that.
    Because we gave them a 2 goal start simples really - always chasing the game with little or no confidence
  • Options
    Getting the hump keep chasing games, doing my head in 
  • Options
    Not good enough.
    Nobody here should be happy that we drew 2-2 at home with Swindon. Even after being 2-0 down

Not happy
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We would be a cracking side with a back four of Gunter, Inniss, Famewo, Maatsen.

Centre half a huge priority.

2 points dropped - gutted. 
    I agree. Just have a feeling we’ll get another few games out of those two and one will get a season ending injury.

I wouldn’t mind someone big alongside Deji as we miss that aerial presence so much. 
  • Options
    Shinnie, Morgan, JFC and Millar have to start in the midfield for me all the time if we're playing 4.

I don't want to see Pratley or Watson anywhere near the starting starting XI. 
  • Options
    Scrappy comeback doesn’t excuse this run. Bowyer has to go. 
  • Options
    Washington to score this.
  • Options
    Overall really poor, we simply play well in spells but are so shit and disorganised at the back it’s unreal.

Keeper played as bad as I have seen him this season.

Forwards missed so many open goals.

Overall very unprofessional, relegation form at present.

Please bear in mind Swindon are garbage.
  • Options
    Things that we need to keep. The diamond formation with Millar at the top of it, Matthews at right back and Shinnie in the team.

How the hell we keep going behind by a goal or 2 in games is absolutely shocking. 
  • Options
    This season is going the way of last season. We will hang on to 6th place and miss out on the play offs on the final game.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Croydon said:
    esseffect said:
    “Boywer got it all wrong” 

The same people who wanted the same line up
    He's not getting it wrong in the selection anymore, but clearly something is wrong with the coaching. Every player we've got has regressed this season, and our defence is getting worse and wors
    He’s getting wrong for a new reason.... that’s convenient.

He’s not above criticism, but the defence and injuries have always been the issue