Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton v Swindon | Sat 23 Jan 2021

Comments

• Options
    It's groundhog day. Going in at half time chasing the game, using all 5 subs,unable to defend. 

Under half a season left of this shit unless something changes 

• Options
    So that explains Smyth, Bogle, Schwartz, Stockley, Washington, Aneke? 

We needed a CB far far more than Stockley. 
    What a stupid thing to say in public, we all know its true, but what does he do if Chuks breaks down before Bogle is out the door? 
  • Options

Disagree - I felt that we played really well - periods of play there reminded me of when we first played under Bowyer. Shame we defended soo poorly and gifted them 2 goals - that’s just not acceptable. We should have scored at least 5 or 6 - we hit the woodwork 3 times! Good game and you’ve got to take a point after 2 down. 

Agree Dan well summed up
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Scoham said:

Bogle will be gone by the end of the window.
    We've had 20 days to sign a CB. 

We've signed 2 strikers and a winger instead. 

Even if Bogle leaves that makes zero sense. 
    I thought we needed a 20-goal Striker though, thats been the primary argument on here since the summer
    Right but outside of that nonsense straw man argument. 

Bowyer and Gallen have gone into January with both starting CBs out for a long period of time. No guarantee they come back as solid as they were, no guarantee they don't get reinjured while coming back. 

We concede 10 goals in the month leading up to the new transfer window. They decide CB isn't a priority.

Terrible squad management. Every game in January we've conceded more than 2 goals proves it. 
  • Options
    We seem to be unlucky in a lot of games- a recurring theme. 

Surely we can defend better than this with the players available. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

What a stupid thing to say in public, we all know its true, but what does he do if Chuks breaks down before Bogle is out the door? 
    I really don’t think he should talk to the press post match. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

I'd be surprised if Bogle isnt half out the door already
  • Options
    robroy said:
    se9addick said:
    robroy said:
    Would love Curbs back 
    Wonder if Mendonca & John Robinson could still do a job too?
    Come on. Not the same. Having listened to Curbs these last few weeks. The guys a genius, he knows his stuff 
    The genius of Curbs is he knows/knew how to keep things simple.  You don't reinvent the wheel every other week. 

That's why we were perfect for him, and he perfect for us. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    esseffect said:
    Croydon said:
    esseffect said:
    “Boywer got it all wrong” 

The same people who wanted the same line up
    He's not getting it wrong in the selection anymore, but clearly something is wrong with the coaching. Every player we've got has regressed this season, and our defence is getting worse and wors
    He’s getting wrong for a new reason.... that’s convenient.

He’s not above criticism, but the defence and injuries have always been the issue
    He has had 3 weeks to sort the defence. He has bought in 3 forwards.  The defenders aren't bad players.  Please name them if they are. 

How long can you you use injuries to defend a manger when all the injuries happen in training?

How long can you blame injuries to the "center backs" who have never played a full season between them?

Do you honestly think Swindon/Rochdale/Shewsbury/Plymouth MK Dons (Delete as appropriate) defenders are better than available ones? 

Jackson is the one coaching the defence, are we sacking him? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So what happens if akin or Ryan comes back or and breaks down again in the first game and we haven't bothered to bring in another cb? 
  • Options
    So what happens if akin or Ryan comes back or and breaks down again in the first game and we haven't bothered to bring in another cb? 
    Blame the wage cap while paying for 4 strikers on big wages. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Bogle will be gone by the end of the window.
    We've had 20 days to sign a CB. 

We've signed 2 strikers and a winger instead. 

Even if Bogle leaves that makes zero sense. 
    I thought we needed a 20-goal Striker though, thats been the primary argument on here since the summer
    Right but outside of that nonsense straw man argument. 

Bowyer and Gallen have gone into January with both starting CBs out for a long period of time. No guarantee they come back as solid as they were, no guarantee they don't get reinjured while coming back. 

We concede 10 goals in the month lead up to the new transfer window. They decide CB isn't a priority.

Terrible squad management. Every game in January we've conceded more than 2 goals proves it. 
    What you say is what I've been arguing for weeks, defence has been the problem since the International Break... Only I've been constantly ignored saying that a 20-goal Striker should be the priority, which we've prioritised in this break

We've been fine for goals this season bar a handful of games

So you're not going to get me changing my tune
  • Options
    Im getting into  a habit of betting on us to win when losing at half
    time. Worked well for the wimbledon game!!
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    esseffect said:
    Croydon said:
    esseffect said:
    “Boywer got it all wrong” 

The same people who wanted the same line up
    He's not getting it wrong in the selection anymore, but clearly something is wrong with the coaching. Every player we've got has regressed this season, and our defence is getting worse and wors
    He’s getting wrong for a new reason.... that’s convenient.

He’s not above criticism, but the defence and injuries have always been the issue
    He has had 3 weeks to sort the defence. He has bought in 3 forwards.  The defenders aren't bad players.  Please name them if they are. 

How long can you you use injuries to defend a manger when all the injuries happen in training?

How long can you blame injuries to the "center backs" who have never played a full season between them?

Do you honestly think Swindon/Rochdale/Shewsbury/Plymouth MK Dons (Delete as appropriate) defenders are better than available ones? 

Jackson is the one coaching the defence, are we sacking him? 
    If we continue shipping so many goals then there needs to be a change. Coaching staff have to take some responsibility.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gutted about the result but we did play well in places and with a bit of luck we'd have won that game comfortably. 

We're not getting the luck we need to score 4 or 5 goals but at the same time we're still making bad mistakes.

If we get Famewo/Inniss back and fit for the rest of the season I think we could be up there but if it takes them much longer then we'll have to settle for midtable. Having them back would give everyone else a boost and I think some of these mistakes wouldn't be made if that back 5 weren't so low on confidence.

Thought Shinnie played well so him back in the starting 11 on Tuesday would be good for us. Stockley also looks like the alternative to Aneke that we needed.
  • Options
    Hadn't realised Swindon were second from bottom. Even more embarrassing than I first thought.
  • Options
    Played ok, but the defence weren't helped out in the first half so bowyer switched to the diamond at half time which helped. Could have won it really, if we could only take our chances. 
    Hope we've learnt some tactical lessons today. 
  • Options
    Sorry Scotty, you won’t see me Tuesday
  • Options
    SamB09 said:
    Im getting into  a habit of betting on us to win when losing at half
    time. Worked well for the wimbledon game!!
    The odds of us winning after going 1-0 surely must be about 1000/1 now. 
  • Options
    We aren't good enough to get promoted end of story. 
  • Options
    We won't win anything with this weak defense.

Too many goals just given away in recent games. It must drain the whole team's confidence to face an uphill struggle in virtually every game.

I cannot see any hope for us until we have our best defenders back from injury. (How long do we have to wait!). If we can keep clean sheets again we only need one goal to go in from our profligate strikers. 

I live in hope for our defensive performances to radically improve to give us just an even chance in games.

The pain is hard to take when we consistently throw away so many crucial points from games we should be winning (on paper!).
  • Options
    Played well.
    Should have won.

Keep the faith.
    COYR