Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton v Swindon | Sat 23 Jan 2021

Comments

• Options
    The performance was good. On the press, asserted the game...... but.....the results are what matters. We are dropping like a stone, just like last season. Maybe not relegation, but the form is beyond shocking. We now have a very good Squad, but a very poor Team. We are much better than last weekend (didn't see Posh game) but still are not putting away enough chances, certainly not enough when we concede so easily. 

Swindon were there for the taking. We are so far from being a top six side. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucking annoying!!!!!!!
  • Options
    esseffect said:
    “Boywer got it all wrong” 

The same people who wanted the same line up
    Jesus, do you ever post about the actual performances rather than just digging out other posters.
    Far too busy polishing his white knight armour while moaning Bowyer's name.
  • Options
    Let's not forget that Swindon hit the post at 2-2. Wasn't all one way traffic second hald
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    esseffect said:
    Croydon said:
    esseffect said:
    “Boywer got it all wrong” 

The same people who wanted the same line up
    He's not getting it wrong in the selection anymore, but clearly something is wrong with the coaching. Every player we've got has regressed this season, and our defence is getting worse and wors
    He’s getting wrong for a new reason.... that’s convenient.

He’s not above criticism, but the defence and injuries have always been the issue
    Not convenient at all, I've been saying the tactics have been wrong for ages. Tactics are done in training, which is what I've said. So not sure what you're on about. 
    I’ll hold my hands up if in training Boywer has told Matthews to show his winger inside to get a shot off

• Options
    12 goals conceded in the last 6 games. 

And we sign a striker....
    Thomas said he wanted exciting 5-4 wins.....

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    The goals we are letting in is not down to luck.

We know our back line is less than ideal since the injuries to Famewo and Innis. Remember, we had a late start to the season with a less than ideal run in and a hastily assembles squad.
  • Options
    Well he has run out of players to blame i suppose...
  • Options
    My concern with coming back from 2-0 was the quality of the opposition rather than anything else.. Credit where it’s due tho, we did keep on going, however these are games we should be winning comfortably rather than rescuing a last minute equaliser. Still waiting for something to click and we win a couple of games in a row rather than patiently sitting here for Innis and Famewo to return.
  • Options
    Morgan has to play, yes he will make mistakes but he is the hub of eveything good for me (still)

I'd like to say Pearce needs to learn to defend but he's 30fkin3. Stop touching people and dragging shirts, just needless. 
  • Options
    We’re sliding into mid table obscurity, which with this squad is really embarrassing. Change of manager would likely be best i think
  • Options
    12 goals conceded in the last 6 games. 

And we sign a striker....
    Thomas said he wanted exciting 5-4 wins.....

Sadly he's getting 2.1 defeats and a couple of draws 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Still need a CB so badly.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Washington to score this.
    Has to wrap his leg around it whilst the ball is still moving though

But yeah tries to squeeze it inside the post in the end
    Just seen the replay, 100% must score
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Let's not forget that Swindon hit the post at 2-2. Wasn't all one way traffic second hald
    That doesn’t fit my narrative of how the game went, so I’ll disregard that little moment. 
  • Options
    Would love Curbs back 
  • Options
    robroy said:
    Would love Curbs back 
    Wonder if Mendonca & John Robinson could still do a job too?