Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton v Swindon | Sat 23 Jan 2021

Comments

• Options
    Any other day, we win that and we're probably saying we fully deserved it, good times.

But a draw isn't good enough and there's no three points to paper over some frankly worrying defensive cracks. Granted, the deflection was a bit freaky, but the way we let teams forward and try to counter is a little too inviting of pressure. I get the bend-and-don't-break philosophy - but we're breaking!

Going forward though, they pretty much couldn't live with us. I have few complaints in that department. How did we not win?

Two points dropped but there's hope yet. Sign a centre back please.
  • Options
    Unlucky Washington but should've won. Defence is the problem big time. 
    Unlucky Washington but should've won. Defence is the problem big time. 
    You can say that again
  • Options
    Draw isn't good enough. So frustrating when there isn't one wonderful team in this league. Can't keep getting a comeback draw all the time

Why can't we attack like that from the first minute and take the lead for once. 

Can't sit here waiting for weeks for our CB to be back!! Defenders need to be signed ASAP if we are to improve.

For me Shinnie and Morgan need to be in the middle on Tuesday. Thiught they were superb 
  • Options
    I just don’t know how we didn’t win that.
    It’s called giving teams 2 goal head starts,it is happening far too often. I’m afraid you can’t say we should have won when we are making these mistakes and conceding so many goals.
  • Options
    Relieved we got a point, need 15 more for safety. But this papers over the cracks.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Curbs bemoaning the Swindon time wasting, but that's what happens when you give teams a 2 goal start.

I'm sick to.the back teeth of teams coming down to us and taking the piss. It shouldn't be happening, but we constantly bring it on ourselves
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    12 goals conceded in the last 6 games. 

And we sign a striker....
    Exactly....what are they doing 
  • Options
    We would be a cracking side with a back four of Gunter, Inniss, Famewo, Maatsen.

Centre half a huge priority.

2 points dropped - gutted. 
    First goal conceded wasn't down to the centre halves
  • Options
    Washington to score this.
    Unbelievable. Pub League miss. Rubbish defence but our finishing was garbage 
  • Options
    I want to say “give it time”, but I don’t think we have the time to give any more. Great players brought in, 2 best CBs still of injured, but it’s late January in a very competitive league. 
  • Options
    Piss poor I thought. Groundhog Day watching these games. Swindon absolute shite. We were ok for a couple of 20 min periods but we are disjointed. A couple of players look to me that they don’t give a toss.  Not impressed by Schwartz or stockley albeit the latter couldn’t be faulted for effort.
  • Options
    Good point to keep us out of the relegation fight and cement us a mid table league one side. keep it up Bowyer #positivity 👍
  • Options
    Good to rescue a point.

But we should never ever have been in the position to need a comeback, to be 2-0 down at home to a team 23rd in the league is appalling 
  • Options
    esseffect said:
    Croydon said:
    esseffect said:
    “Boywer got it all wrong” 

The same people who wanted the same line up
    He's not getting it wrong in the selection anymore, but clearly something is wrong with the coaching. Every player we've got has regressed this season, and our defence is getting worse and wors
    He’s getting wrong for a new reason.... that’s convenient.

He’s not above criticism, but the defence and injuries have always been the issue
    Not convenient at all, I've been saying the tactics have been wrong for ages. Tactics are done in training, which is what I've said. So not sure what you're on about. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I basically think that we now can’t afford to lose another match. This piss poor run has effectively ended our promotion hopes unless we go on an unbelievable run. Can’t see it.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Washington to score this.
    Has to wrap his leg around it whilst the ball is still moving though

But yeah tries to squeeze it inside the post in the end
  • Options
    EastStand said:
    I want to say “give it time”, but I don’t think we have the time to give any more. Great players brought in, 2 best CBs still of injured, but it’s late January in a very competitive league. 

End of January if we've not improved I'll be in agreement.
  • Options
    Thanks Washington for missing that sitter. Cost me £45. Idiot.
    Cost me 600! 😭😭😭
  • Options
    Is that 2 home games in a row where we've had to come back from 2 goals at half time? 
  • Options
    Sorry will repeat myself as only way to calm down. How did Washington miss that.