Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Vaccine

Comments

• Nadou said:
    stonemuse said:
    The UK has given over 10 million doses of both the Oxford and Pfizer vaccine. 

Number of blood clot related events: 

Oxford = 13

Pfizer = 15 

These numbers are no higher than what is seen in the general population (no increased risk).
    What is this 'coronavirus good news' site? Who runs it? How authoritative is it? The fact that they report that only "over 10 million" doses have been administered when over 24 million have received the vaccine, suggests that their figures are to be taken with a pinch of salt. I can't imagine that all these countries who are suspending use of the AZ vaccine are doing it lightly, so they must have genuine concerns. Having had the AZ vaccine myself and anticipating having the second dose soon, I very much hope that these concerns are put to rest. Merely putting fingers in ears and going 'nanananana it's just those silly Europeans' doesn't suit me, I want authoritative figures and, as with much of the information about the AZ vaccine from the very beginning, they are not forthcoming. 
    The problem as I see it is they are doing it lightly.  Someone raises a scare, instead of responding authoritatively, they run scared and suspend the use.  If you look at the Norway figures, the incidence of blood clots in those who've had the AZ vaccine is about half what would be expected in a sample that size (2 per 100,000 instead of 3.7 per 100,000 if I remember correctly) so the narrative to counter the scaremongering could be 'having AZ halves your chance of a blood clot'.
    I don't know why but I think the EU taking this stance on the AZ vaccine seems politically motivated. I may be wrong but that's how it seems to me.
    What they don't seem to realise is that all there doing is hurting there own population. 
  • Our MP - Laura Trott - has said that she has received info from the local GPs that some people are cancelling jabs or not booking jabs due to the blood clot 'scare'.
  • 2nd vaccine day, feel very lucky
    2nd hate you 😉
  • I received a message from my doctors surgery to book my 1st vaccination, which I've now done for next week.

As I'm 44 years old with no known health issues, I was a little bit surprised and thought that maybe it was an error, but it wasn't. My date of birth was entered as part of the booking process and I completed it with no issues.

Location seems to make a difference - I'm in North Somerset.
    Excessive cider drinking makes all Somerset people clinically vulnerable  :D
  • I received a message from my doctors surgery to book my 1st vaccination, which I've now done for next week.

As I'm 44 years old with no known health issues, I was a little bit surprised and thought that maybe it was an error, but it wasn't. My date of birth was entered as part of the booking process and I completed it with no issues.

Location seems to make a difference - I'm in North Somerset.
    Excessive cider drinking makes all Somerset people clinically vulnerable  :D
    and pissed
  • Mrs GA had her first jab yesterday, she said that a lot of people hadn’t shown up for their jab. She had the AZ.
    Nurse chucked it in my arm like MVG and today it feels like AJ has punched it, but well worth it !
  • Wife managed to book hers without receiving a letter. Site now says open to over 50's so pile in peeps !
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2021
    Mrs GA had her first jab yesterday, she said that a lot of people hadn’t shown up for their jab. She had the AZ.

That’s why we need to roll the jab out to those who are a bit younger ASAP. It’s a numbers game and we should be looking to get as many vaccinated as quickly as we can. Mopping up the refuseniks, if that is what the no shows are, can be done later
  • My wife, 54, received a text from our GP surgery yesterday inviting her to book her jab. Having it on Friday.
  • edited March 2021
    Our MP - Laura Trott - has said that she has received info from the local GPs that some people are cancelling jabs or not booking jabs due to the blood clot 'scare'.
    Exactly what the EU wants. They are well behind the 8 ball on jabs so they are trying to throw a spanner in our works.
    That's absolute bollocks. Some EU countries are certainly using the bloodclots as an excuse to try and offset the slow rollout of vaccines to their people - but it's not a plot against the British people to slow our rollout down. For Christ's sake, is this REALLY what people think? It's not a war, or a competition. Grow up. 
    So why have they said it’s political what they are doing.

if it’s because they are so far behind in roll out then why roll out less by creating a problem that doesn’t exist.
  • edited March 2021
    Our MP - Laura Trott - has said that she has received info from the local GPs that some people are cancelling jabs or not booking jabs due to the blood clot 'scare'.
    Exactly what the EU wants. They are well behind the 8 ball on jabs so they are trying to throw a spanner in our works.
    That's absolute bollocks. Some EU countries are certainly using the bloodclots as an excuse to try and offset the slow rollout of vaccines to their people - but it's not a plot against the British people to slow our rollout down. For Christ's sake, is this REALLY what people think? It's not a war, or a competition. Grow up. 

if it’s because they are so far behind in roll out then why roll out less by creating a problem that doesn’t exist.
    Who's 'they'?

Certain EU states are attempting to deflect some of the blame from the slow approval of vaccines (and hence 'slow' rollout) by being overly cautious with a scare story (which happens with ALL vaccines, and usually leads to months of delays whilst the reports are checked, cross-checked for statistical validity and then each individual case checked for merit - we've taken a far less cautious approach with our rollout)

This doesn't extend to an information war against the British people. This is one of the reasons people generally don't like British people when they go abroad. This persecution complex that a certain section of our population seems to have. It's not a war. It's not a competition. There isn't some dastardly plot by the EU to nobble the Brits. If you genuinely, sincerely believe that, you're beyond help.
    Load of bollocks I’m afraid, but you won’t listen so I won’t bother to explain to a fool.
  • Our MP - Laura Trott - has said that she has received info from the local GPs that some people are cancelling jabs or not booking jabs due to the blood clot 'scare'.
    definitely more spare appts in the vaccine clinics due to this...worth being proactive and enquiring if you are waiting for it to be done

if it’s because they are so far behind in roll out then why roll out less by creating a problem that’s not there.

like you the EU are nasty.
    Who's 'they'?

Certain EU states are attempting to deflect some of the blame from the slow approval of vaccines (and hence 'slow' rollout) by being overly cautious with a scare story (which happens with ALL vaccines, and usually leads to months of delays whilst the reports are checked, cross-checked for statistical validity and then each individual case checked for merit - we've taken a far less cautious approach with our rollout)

This doesn't extend to an information war against the British people. This is one of the reasons people generally don't like British people when they go abroad. This persecution complex that a certain section of our population seems to have. It's not a war. It's not a competition. There isn't some dastardly plot by the EU to nobble the Brits. If you genuinely, sincerely believe that, you're beyond help.
    Load of bollocks I’m afraid, but you won’t listen so I won’t bother to explain to a fool.
    Explain to me then.
  • Sponsored links:

if it’s because they are so far behind in roll out then why roll out less by creating a problem that’s not there.

Who's 'they'?

Nah - go on. I'm about to have two hours of my life wasted by an IT vendor, so I've got time. Explain to me how - despite indications to the contrary based on your posts, it's me that's the fool... 
    Bore off.
    Is that you saying that or Bill Gates?
    I’ve read some stupid comments here but that’s the stupidest of them all. 

Who's 'they'?

When it comes to talking bolox you’re in a league of your own. 

Who's 'they'?

This is bubbling up very well 👌

Who's 'they'?

Yep you should know i guess.