Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Vaccine

Comments

• Our MP - Laura Trott - has said that she has received info from the local GPs that some people are cancelling jabs or not booking jabs due to the blood clot 'scare'.
    Exactly what the EU wants. They are well behind the 8 ball on jabs so they are trying to throw a spanner in our works.
    That's absolute bollocks. Some EU countries are certainly using the bloodclots as an excuse to try and offset the slow rollout of vaccines to their people - but it's not a plot against the British people to slow our rollout down. For Christ's sake, is this REALLY what people think? It's not a war, or a competition. Grow up. 
    So why have they said it’s political what they are doing.

if it’s because they are so far behind in roll out then why roll out less by creating a problem that’s not there.

like you the EU are nasty.
    Who's 'they'?

Certain EU states are attempting to deflect some of the blame from the slow approval of vaccines (and hence 'slow' rollout) by being overly cautious with a scare story (which happens with ALL vaccines, and usually leads to months of delays whilst the reports are checked, cross-checked for statistical validity and then each individual case checked for merit - we've taken a far less cautious approach with our rollout)

This doesn't extend to an information war against the British people. This is one of the reasons people generally don't like British people when they go abroad. This persecution complex that a certain section of our population seems to have. It's not a war. It's not a competition. There isn't some dastardly plot by the EU to nobble the Brits. If you genuinely, sincerely believe that, you're beyond help.
    Load of bollocks I’m afraid, but you won’t listen so I won’t bother to explain to a fool.
    Nah - go on. I'm about to have two hours of my life wasted by an IT vendor, so I've got time. Explain to me how - despite indications to the contrary based on your posts, it's me that's the fool... 
    Bore off.
    You lose.
  • Our MP - Laura Trott - has said that she has received info from the local GPs that some people are cancelling jabs or not booking jabs due to the blood clot 'scare'.
    Exactly what the EU wants. They are well behind the 8 ball on jabs so they are trying to throw a spanner in our works.
    That's absolute bollocks. Some EU countries are certainly using the bloodclots as an excuse to try and offset the slow rollout of vaccines to their people - but it's not a plot against the British people to slow our rollout down. For Christ's sake, is this REALLY what people think? It's not a war, or a competition. Grow up. 

if it’s because they are so far behind in roll out then why roll out less by creating a problem that’s not there.

Who's 'they'?

Certain EU states are attempting to deflect some of the blame from the slow approval of vaccines (and hence 'slow' rollout) by being overly cautious with a scare story (which happens with ALL vaccines, and usually leads to months of delays whilst the reports are checked, cross-checked for statistical validity and then each individual case checked for merit - we've taken a far less cautious approach with our rollout)

This doesn't extend to an information war against the British people. This is one of the reasons people generally don't like British people when they go abroad. This persecution complex that a certain section of our population seems to have. It's not a war. It's not a competition. There isn't some dastardly plot by the EU to nobble the Brits. If you genuinely, sincerely believe that, you're beyond help.
    Load of bollocks I’m afraid, but you won’t listen so I won’t bother to explain to a fool.
    Nah - go on. I'm about to have two hours of my life wasted by an IT vendor, so I've got time. Explain to me how - despite indications to the contrary based on your posts, it's me that's the fool... 
    Bore off.
    You lose.
    Hahahahaha does it really matter, so sad. More important things to do , trying to run a business. Can't really be arsed with small minded people.

Thats all from me folks.

Who's 'they'?

Bore off.
    You lose.
    Hahahahaha does it really matter, so sad. More important things to do , trying to run a business. Can't really be arsed with small minded people.

Thats all from me folks.
    Good

Who's 'they'?

Bore off.
    You lose.

Thats all from me folks.
    Supreme irony
  • Everybody aged 50 or over invited to book 

Who's 'they'?

Bore off.
    You lose.

Thats all from me folks.
      I do enjoy reading a halfwhit's illogical, sensitive dribble.  Then watching them have an inability to provide any structure or fact to their Red Top brain fart, whilst at least continuing their only thread of puerile put downs.  Consistency of dunces.
  • Just back from having mine. AZ. Now just waiting to see what the side effects are, if any.
  • People aged over 50 in England are now being invited to book their appointment for a Covid vaccine.

This is the final group on the priority list, which covers 99% at high risk of dying from Covid-19.

Everyone in the top nine priority groups should be offered a second dose by mid-July, up to 12 weeks after the first.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56428464

• Boris Johnson reveals that he has received news that he will be getting his own jab "very shortly".

And he adds it will "certainly" be the AstraZeneca jab he receives.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-56423687

• Sponsored links:

• clive said:

Boris Johnson reveals that he has received news that he will be getting his own jab "very shortly".

I am shocked this has not been done already.

I would have thought people like serving government, royal family, top brass in the armed forces etc would have all had a jab as soon as it was available.
  • edited March 2021
    clive said:

Boris Johnson reveals that he has received news that he will be getting his own jab "very shortly".

I would have thought people like serving government, royal family, top brass in the armed forces etc would have all had a jab as soon as it was available.
    I had hoped, under the circumstances, that I would be seen as a ‘special case’......but that wasn’t how it panned out.
    The authorities are, for the most part anyway, sticking to the timelines......though there do seem to be some people that somehow or another slip through the net, but certainly that’s not the case in my neck of the woods.
     Curious.🤔🤔🤔
  • Had my jab at the Angel Centre Tonbridge this morning. It was like a very polite production line. A very quiet and very British feel to it all - part of a massive operation that is understated and carried out in a sports hall. Done and dusted within 15 minutes. When I took my Mum to Guildford Superdrug in January it was a smaller venue with a different feel, but you did all your waiting whilst seated, and had to stay for 15 minutes after the jab whilst they checked there were no after effects. As the age range being jabbed is getting younger they can dispense with this, which is one reason why I think the numbers being processed is growing.
  • clive said:

You cannot say you are following the science, not offer teachers a preferential vaccine because someone more vulnerable may end up seriously ill or dead; and then jump the queue.
    Not only would it be morally wrong, it would be political suicide.
  • Not looking to become involved in the earlier heated debate regarding the EU's recent communications and whether or not that is anti-British etc! All I would say is that I have Belgian friends living in Antwerp and have a holiday home in Spain they would like to be able to visit at some point. They are somewhat unimpressed with the vaccine rollout in Belgium and the EU in general and quite admiring of the UK's performance in this regard. They are also not overly impressed by the flip flopping, blaming AZ for supply issues and then the various statements from member states proclaiming the AZ jab is unsafe.
  • Getting confusing now ...the EU accuse the UK of not allowing the export of vaccines ... which we deny ... and yet today Ursula von der Leyen has stated that the EU may use emergency powers to block vaccine exports from the EU. 

https://audiovisual.ec.europa.eu/en/video/I-203101?utm_medium=email&utm_source=CampaignMonitor_Editorial&utm_campaign=LNCH 20210317 House Ads SM CID_ff6223b780d8b154c38768c6b97aa3b3

• ‘I really am worried the AstraZeneca vaccine is being weaponised and that makes me very sad as a European.’

Dame Clare Gerada, former president of the Royal College of GPs.
  • stonemuse said:
    Getting confusing now ...the EU accuse the UK of not allowing the export of vaccines ... which we deny ... and yet today Ursula von der Leyen has stated that the EU may use emergency powers to block vaccine exports from the EU. 

https://audiovisual.ec.europa.eu/en/video/I-203101?utm_medium=email&utm_source=CampaignMonitor_Editorial&utm_campaign=LNCH 20210317 House Ads SM CID_ff6223b780d8b154c38768c6b97aa3b3

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/mar/17/eu-threatens-to-halt-covid-vaccine-exports-to-uk-unless-it-gets-fair-share?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Explained a bit more clearly here for you  ;)
  • Chaz Hill said:
    stonemuse said:
    Getting confusing now ...the EU accuse the UK of not allowing the export of vaccines ... which we deny ... and yet today Ursula von der Leyen has stated that the EU may use emergency powers to block vaccine exports from the EU. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/mar/17/eu-threatens-to-halt-covid-vaccine-exports-to-uk-unless-it-gets-fair-share?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Explained a bit more clearly here for you  ;)
    Oh it’s very clear to be honest. Accuse another party of doing something, and then decide to do it yourselves instead. 
  • The UK has carried out 25m first vaccinations in 100days. A problem the EU countries have is sticking to the 3/4 week interval between vaccinations which is causing a shortage.   
  • Sponsored links:

• stonemuse said:
    ‘I really am worried the AstraZeneca vaccine is being weaponised and that makes me very sad as a European.’

Dame Clare Gerada, former president of the Royal College of GPs.
    Clare Gerada is as pro EU as you can get. So for her to be saying this is as an indication of how badly the EU and some European leaders are behaving. First casting doubt on the AZ vaccine, then blocking sales through Ireland, then changing its mind on that, then stopping vaccination for unproven safety reasons, and meanwhile overseeing another disastrous outbreak through many European countries while the UK has vaccinated more people than Germany, France, Italy and Spain all put together. What a disgrace.
  • Thanks for that explanation, canters.

4 adults in our immediate family between 43 & 47 eager to receive theirs....
  • edited March 2021
    Reporting on BBC news & Sky News, that they will be concentrating on those in groups 1-9 getting their first and second jabs and that those under 50 shouldn't be booked for in April. A lot of conflicting information being given.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-uk-to-face-significant-reduction-in-vaccine-supplies-from-29-march-12248909
  • There is a focus on vaccinating the most vulnerable in the UK before the over-40s receive their jabs, and the UK is on track to offer a first dose to those in the top nine priority groups by 15 April.
  • Von der leyn is awful. Has it in for uk. 
  • clive said:

Why should the royals get special treatment?  The country's hardly going to fall apart if any of them pop their clogs, is it?  I can see the case for the PM and the General Staff but that's about it.