Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Vaccine

Comments

• Options
    Got a text to do mine, Epsom nearest to me. I’m 34. Very apprehensive.... dunno why...
  • Options
    clive said:
    It seems that people who were offered their vaccine by their GP were told to wait to be contacted for their 2nd jab, whereas people who book via the NHS site can book date/time & venue for both their jabs.
    As @ShootersHillGuru said, that is not necessarily the case.  I was given my second date on the day I got the first jab, mother-in-law (1) has to wait for her GP to make contact for her second jab date.  Mother-in-law (2) got both her dates up front.
  • Options
    Booked online today both , first on Monday and the other 2nd week of June , 2 different places 
    same as covered end , simple on the NHS site 
    I found it was easier to get booking options online at the end of the day 5.30pm rather than during it .
  • Options
    My Mrs had hers this afternoon. Early 40s, works in social services. Never really gets ill.  She was fine when she got home, 1600ish, rough from about 1700. Reporting flu like symptoms, aching joints, loss of appetite. 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    stonemuse said:
    2121 said:
    Von der leyn is awful. Has it in for uk. 
    I don't think it's the UK per se, it's anything outside the EU to deflect attention from what a cock-up the member states are making of this.  Because the AZ vaccine is ours, we're just an easy target.
    Look at her track record ... my friends and former colleagues in Germany told me some time back what she was like. 
    @stonemuse please share anything you can.

Google her name when she was German defence minister. 

Others have previously posted links a while back. 
    @stonemuse Thanks.  I'm intrigued about what I'm going to find.
  • Options
    Got my first booked in for Saturday morning at local surgery. I'm group 8, so on schedule. 
    A mate of mine who is French, currently in France, and over 50, is very sceptical about the safety of the vaccine. Her opinion is that the testing process was too quick to be rigorous and it's not yet proven to be safe. This is on the back of the blood clot nonsense 
    I pointed out the plummeting infection and death rates here, but she remains unconvinced. The Europeans have done their population, and economies, no favours.
    Somewhat ironically, her local surgery in South London, where she lives most of the time, has invited her to make an appointment for a jab, but she can't get back for it at the moment anyway.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    My Mrs had hers this afternoon. Early 40s, works in social services. Never really gets ill.  She was fine when she got home, 1600ish, rough from about 1700. Reporting flu like symptoms, aching joints, loss of appetite. 
    I find it strange that, as I write this, two people have liked this post.

@Popicon I felt very ill after getting my jab but it was all over within 36hrs so I don't think you have any cause to worry, other than you may not be getting a cup of tea in bed this morning.  I hope Mrs P feels better soon.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Now there’s a surprise 

Covid-19: EU states to resume AstraZeneca vaccine rollout https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-56440139
    Those countries should be ashamed of themselves. 
    the countries and general population in them didn’t take those decisions, individuals did. It would have worth still being in the EU to be able to let Nigel Farage loose on the EU Parliament...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PopIcon said:

@Popicon I felt very ill after getting my jab but it was all over within 36hrs so I don't think you have any cause to worry, other than you may not be getting a cup of tea in bed this morning.  I hope Mrs P feels better soon.
    I think people are liking these posts as having a vaccine is a good thing & for me anyway it was a real red letter day , side affects will come & go & shows the body reacting as it should but overall having a vaccine is very likeable 
  • Options
    _nam11 said:
    Got a text to do mine, Epsom nearest to me. I’m 34. Very apprehensive.... dunno why...
    I had my AZ today at midday.
    I swear I barely felt anything. If you asked me to guarantee 100% that they had injected me I would not have been able to 100%.
    11 hours later I have no symptoms, not even any tenderness in my arm.
    Absolutely nothing.
    That was exactly the same for me at the time although by the evening was feeling a bit rough and next morning it felt like a bad hangover
  • Options
    _nam11 said:
    I swear I barely felt anything. If you asked me to guarantee 100% that they had injected me I would not have been able to 100%.
    Absolutely nothing.
    I was the same, I didn't feel a thing as the jab went in and only had minor joint pain that evening.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

Thanks @AddicksAddict

She's feeling better this morning. My mum who is in her mid 70s had it and had no side effects. In my personal experience, its younger people who had had more adverse side effects.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

I "liked" the fact that people are sharing their experiences.
    Hopefully Poplcon's wife feels ok today.
  • Options
    _nam11 said:
    Absolutely nothing.
    That was exactly the same for me at the time although by the evening was feeling a bit rough and next morning it felt like a bad hangover

and for me too. Felt nothing when jabbed, and felt a bit washed out in the evening
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Curb_It said:
    Us Smiths got jabbed down the Masonic Centre, Welling this morning.  Very pleased.

That's where I got mine done, very efficient there
  • Options
    Over the years as an adult I have had jabs for
    Flu
    Hep A
    Typhoid
    Diphtheria/Tetanus/Polio
    Yellow Fever
    Rabies

With all vaccines there's the chance of minor side affects, but the benefits MASSIVELY outweigh the negatives
    I had all the jabs for working overseas including typhoid but still got it twice (in Pakistan) - that said my symptoms were so minor the Dr said she'd never seen anyone testing positive for Typhoid who was so well! I'd have been far, far worse if I'd not had the jab.
  • Options

Perfect for a Nigel joke, and a prick joke
    It's just a small prick.

"I know" says the nurse.