Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Vaccine

Comments

• Options
    N01R4M said:
    stonemuse said:
    Redrobo said:
    stonemuse said:

The UK has seen a new record for the most coronavirus jabs given out over 24 hours, the second time in consecutive days that figure has been broken.

A total of 711,156 doses were given across the UK on Friday, vaccinations minister Nadhim Zahawi confirmed on Saturday. 589,675 of those were first doses and 121,481 were second.

Well that record didn’t last long.
    873,000 doses yesterday. That means that 2.62% of the UK adult population received a dose of COVID vaccination in the last two days.
    Wow.
    Just Wow!

The average of daily deaths is now 98, the first time it has been below three figures since the start of October.
    Fantastic 
    The daily numbers have certainly been impressive over the past few days. As a nation we Brits can be quite negative and cynical at times. But, as a country our medical professionals have played a significant role in the COVID vaccine research and development and we have also done an outstanding job in organising the vaccination rollout. Perhaps sometimes we should not be so critical of everything that goes on in the UK.

Here ends my thought for the day😀.
    DOUCHER said:
    Addickted said:
    Redrobo said:
    stonemuse said:

The UK has seen a new record for the most coronavirus jabs given out over 24 hours, the second time in consecutive days that figure has been broken.

A total of 711,156 doses were given across the UK on Friday, vaccinations minister Nadhim Zahawi confirmed on Saturday. 589,675 of those were first doses and 121,481 were second.

873,000 doses yesterday. That means that 2.62% of the UK adult population received a dose of COVID vaccination in the last two days.
    Wow.
    Just Wow!

The average of daily deaths is now 98, the first time it has been below three figures since the start of October.
    Not being racist, jingoistic or nationalistic, but when needs must, there's no better Country in the World in dealing with any kind of catastrophic issue that effects us all.

Black, white, left, right, when the shit hits the fan we really are the business at effort, unity, persistence and determination to not let it beat us. regardless what is thrown at us.

Hate us for what we are, but at the moment, I'm fecking proud of the concertive efforts of so many people and they have my unconditional thanks.
    Not sure why you should hate us for what we are? Of the top 10 universities in the world, 40% are from the UK. Of the top 50, 44% are from Europe and 50% of those are in the UK. The metrics are based on research, teaching, employability and internationalisation. It is no surprise / coincidence that we are helping the world out of this pandemic. We should be proud of our country and not ashamed to be so.  
    I think the issue is that, as a country, we have a long habit of following the "lions led by donkeys" path.

Yes, our research scientists have been superb, backed by international sharing of knowledge and well-spent tax-payer money.
    Yes, the NHS has performed miracles and in the face of unnecessary difficulties.
    Yes, on the whole the populace has done all it can to support each other and follow the rules.

So why do we have one of the worst covid-19 death rates in the world?  (That is a rhetorical question, not intending to take this thread off-topic, but for private consideration.)
    no argument here - boris is and always will be a joke 
  • Options
    N01R4M said:
    stonemuse said:
    Redrobo said:
    stonemuse said:

Wow.
    Just Wow!

Fantastic 
    The daily numbers have certainly been impressive over the past few days. As a nation we Brits can be quite negative and cynical at times. But, as a country our medical professionals have played a significant role in the COVID vaccine research and development and we have also done an outstanding job in organising the vaccination rollout. Perhaps sometimes we should not be so critical of everything that goes on in the UK.

DOUCHER said:
    Addickted said:
    Redrobo said:
    stonemuse said:

Wow.
    Just Wow!

Not being racist, jingoistic or nationalistic, but when needs must, there's no better Country in the World in dealing with any kind of catastrophic issue that effects us all.

Black, white, left, right, when the shit hits the fan we really are the business at effort, unity, persistence and determination to not let it beat us. regardless what is thrown at us.

Hate us for what we are, but at the moment, I'm fecking proud of the concertive efforts of so many people and they have my unconditional thanks.
    Not sure why you should hate us for what we are? Of the top 10 universities in the world, 40% are from the UK. Of the top 50, 44% are from Europe and 50% of those are in the UK. The metrics are based on research, teaching, employability and internationalisation. It is no surprise / coincidence that we are helping the world out of this pandemic. We should be proud of our country and not ashamed to be so.  
    I think the issue is that, as a country, we have a long habit of following the "lions led by donkeys" path.

Yes, our research scientists have been superb, backed by international sharing of knowledge and well-spent tax-payer money.
    Yes, the NHS has performed miracles and in the face of unnecessary difficulties.
    Yes, on the whole the populace has done all it can to support each other and follow the rules.

So why do we have one of the worst covid-19 death rates in the world?  (That is a rhetorical question, not intending to take this thread off-topic, but for private consideration.)
    The number for UK deaths is horrendous and definitely needs looking in to. As for it being one of the worst in the world I wonder if the real question is why are the numbers elsewhere lower ?
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Early on we were ill prepared and ill led. Lessons definitely were learned but on the whole too slowly. One of the glaring and most stupid errors was not recognising and making mask wearing 100% mandatory outside the home. It’s crucial and and low hanging fruit. 
  • Options
    Early on we were ill prepared and ill led. Lessons definitely were learned but on the whole too slowly. One of the glaring and most stupid errors was not recognising and making mask wearing 100% mandatory outside the home. It’s crucial and and low hanging fruit. 
    agreed - complete common sense surely 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    DOUCHER said:
    N01R4M said:
    stonemuse said:
    Redrobo said:
    stonemuse said:

Wow.
    Just Wow!

Fantastic 

DOUCHER said:
    Addickted said:
    Redrobo said:
    stonemuse said:

Wow.
    Just Wow!

no argument here - boris is and always will be a joke 
    Agree also and like the "lions led by donkeys analogy". The government were slow in getting out of the starting traps. Although we are told a global pandemic has long been considered one of the top (if not THE top) potential exposure when the UK has carried out threat assessments, we clearly weren't prepared for it and that has had terrible consequences.

In spite of all that (and the main reason for my original post above), I think as a nation we still punch above our weight in a number of areas and we shouldn't be ashamed to applaud when we do so. 
  • Options
    Are second doses exactly the same as first doses, or are they something like half the amount or a special second dose recipe? 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Are second doses exactly the same as first doses, or are they something like half the amount or a special second dose recipe? 
    they are the same
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Exactly the same.
    I am hoping that by the time I am due my second I may have the option to choose to have a different vaccine as a booster.
  • Options

Just to give you all a bit of perspective.
    This is a TOTAL btw.

Feeling seriously depressed today 😞
  • Options
    @KBslittlesis what is the population of Eire ?
  • Options
    4.904 million
  • Options

Russian scientists who have developed the country's second vaccine against Covid-19, EpiVacCorona, say the shot is effective against variants of the coronavirus, Reuters news agency reports.

Russia began mass trials of EpiVacCorona in November last year.

Three domestically developed Covid-19 vaccines are currently registered in Russia: Sputnik V, EpiVacCorona and CoviVac.

Separately, Russian President Vladimir Putin has said he will get the jab himself on Tuesday.

Asked which vaccine Putin would receive, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told state news agency RIA Novosti: "One of our three. All are good and reliable."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-56481031

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Redrobo said:
    Exactly the same.
    I am hoping that by the time I am due my second I may have the option to choose to have a different vaccine as a booster.
    You won’t. Further down the line it might have been trialed that mixing vaccines might even prove beneficial but thats quite a way down the track yet.
  • Options
    Greggs or Wetherspoon's need to do something similar!
  • Options
    4.904 million
    Try and look at the positives.
    The UK have about 90M still to do and ROI have 9M still to do :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    stonemuse said:
    seth plum said:
    they are the same
    Correct.  That's why I wasn't worried when they said they'd given me my second dose first and I would get my first dose when I came back in twelve weeks' time.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Thank <insert deity here> for that.  I was worried I'd have to eat one.
  • Options

I wonder what would tempt the anti vacc people over here? Big Mac?
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    Pfizer jab yesterday at a theatre, barely felt a thing, faintest hint of a bruise nothing else since.

Did you have a G&T and one of those really expensive organic ice cream tubs in the interval?
  • Options
    Do people use ‘Eire’ any more? Haven’t heard/seen it in ages.