Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Vaccine

Comments

• Options
    Ok so AZ jab yesterday,, up most of the night with a temperature, taking paracetamol every 4 hours , which is bringing it down, feel whacked, anyone else have those symptoms, and how long did they last?
  • Options
    Ok so AZ jab yesterday,, up most of the night with a temperature, taking paracetamol every 4 hours , which is bringing it down, feel whacked, anyone else have those symptoms, and how long did they last?
    Should be ok by tomorrow 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Many people and it lasts about 36 hrs (24 hrs from when the symptoms start).
  • Options
    Without reading the entire thread, anybody have any issues driving the day after the jab?
  • Options
    Without reading the entire thread, anybody have any issues driving the day after the jab?
    Apart from the pain in my arm, no problems whatsoever 
  • Options
    No one has said anything, but the majority have felt tired to a greater or lesser extent, so probably not a great idea unless it's a short drive.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes both the wife and I had the same symptoms as you and they lasted between 36 and 48 hours after the AZ jab.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    stonemuse said:
    My father in law said the pain was so bad that he couldn’t change gear (mind you he supports West Ham so he is obviously a wuss). I need to drive a reasonable distance on Tuesday so hoping I don’t have the same issue. 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    My father in law said the pain was so bad that he couldn’t change gear (mind you he supports West Ham so he is obviously a wuss). I need to drive a reasonable distance on Tuesday so hoping I don’t have the same issue. 
    Your bigger issue is falling asleep at the wheel.
  • Options
    I'm having my second astrazeneca jab on Friday but does anyone know if it takes a few weeks to build up any further immunity after being told it takes 2/3 weeks after the first jab?
    It depends on individual responses but the second vaccine will increase you level of protection to whatever maximum you can personally achieve. This will be over a period of weeks but again will be individual to you. 
  • Options
    yes - had my vaccine yesterday morning - fine all day then had a crap nights sleep with shivers and feeling crap - been feeling better as the day has worn on, hopefully be alright by tomorrow 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    stonemuse said:

The UK has seen a new record for the most coronavirus jabs given out over 24 hours, the second time in consecutive days that figure has been broken.

A total of 711,156 doses were given across the UK on Friday, vaccinations minister Nadhim Zahawi confirmed on Saturday. 589,675 of those were first doses and 121,481 were second.

Well that record didn’t last long.
    873,000 doses yesterday. That means that 2.62% of the UK adult population received a dose of COVID vaccination in the last two days.
    Wow.
    Just Wow!

The average of daily deaths is now 98, the first time it has been below three figures since the start of October.
    Not being racist, jingoistic or nationalistic, but when needs must, there's no better Country in the World in dealing with any kind of catastrophic issue that effects us all.

Black, white, left, right, when the shit hits the fan we really are the business at effort, unity, persistence and determination to not let it beat us. regardless what is thrown at us.

Hate us for what we are, but at the moment, I'm fecking proud of the concertive efforts of so many people and they have my unconditional thanks.
  • Options
    None at all mate
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    27 jabs a second.

Outstanding.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Had mine yesterday, and took a couple of precautionary paracetamol before I went to bed as the first Mrs Idle, who had hers on Friday, has had a severe headache and sore arm since.

No pain or discomfort at all, except I pulled a thigh muscle walking back from the surgery, but I put that down to being an old crock.

How is the second Mrs Idle?
    I bet she’s still in bed. 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Redrobo said:
    stonemuse said:

The UK has seen a new record for the most coronavirus jabs given out over 24 hours, the second time in consecutive days that figure has been broken.

A total of 711,156 doses were given across the UK on Friday, vaccinations minister Nadhim Zahawi confirmed on Saturday. 589,675 of those were first doses and 121,481 were second.

Well that record didn’t last long.
    873,000 doses yesterday. That means that 2.62% of the UK adult population received a dose of COVID vaccination in the last two days.
    Wow.
    Just Wow!

The average of daily deaths is now 98, the first time it has been below three figures since the start of October.
    Fantastic 
    The daily numbers have certainly been impressive over the past few days. As a nation we Brits can be quite negative and cynical at times. But, as a country our medical professionals have played a significant role in the COVID vaccine research and development and we have also done an outstanding job in organising the vaccination rollout. Perhaps sometimes we should not be so critical of everything that goes on in the UK.

Here ends my thought for the day😀.
  • Options
    So....

Had the Oxford jab yesterday morning - felt fine all day, took dogs out, watched us throw away 3 points, went to bed around 10.00

Around 2.00am, sweating and felt cold, and an amazing headache - most of today I have been in bed either sleeping, or reading old Charlton programmes - all my joints ached, and no energy at all

Starting to feel better now, but it certainly battered me for a day
    Your symptoms may be worse than you think...we only threw away 2 points...
  • Options
    Had the Oxford jab yesterday morning - felt fine all day, took dogs out, watched us throw away 3 points, went to bed around 10.00

Throwing away three points makes me wanna take a jab.... of heroin.
  • Options

Results from the long-awaited US trial of the Oxford-AstraZeneca Covid vaccine are out and confirm that the shot is both safe and highly effective.

More than 32,000 volunteers took part, mostly in America, but also in Chile and Peru.

The vaccine was 79% effective against stopping symptomatic Covid disease and 100% effective at preventing people from falling seriously ill.

And there were no safety issues regarding blood clots.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56479462

• Options
    Not had a chance to look at this US study yet but I think the gap between first and second doses of the AZ was four weeks. Could be wrong on that. This of course doesn’t tally with the UK’s 12 week protocol. I’m not sure it’s that significant though because of the previous data that leaving a 12 week gap is actually advantageous. 
  • Options
    Not had a chance to look at this US study yet but I think the gap between first and second doses of the AZ was four weeks. Could be wrong on that. This of course doesn’t tally with the UK’s 12 week protocol. I’m not sure it’s that significant though because of the previous data that leaving a 12 week gap is actually advantageous. 
    Around a fifth of the volunteers in this trial were over 65 and the vaccine - given as two doses, four weeks apart - provided as much protection to them as to younger age groups.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56479462