Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent Cricket 2021

Comments

• Options
    The scores in the Surrey game were ridiculous

36 was the lowest 'out' batsman

1394 runs for only 10 wickets

• Options
    No Billings, Denly, Qais or Klaassen from the Blast winning side in the squad for the CC game against Middlesex starting tomorrow:

I've a feeling we won't need 'em.
  • Options
    Slightly strange that Warks have been crowned champions, but there is still a 5 day Bob Willis Warks vs Lancs match next week.
  • Options
    Slightly strange that Warks have been crowned champions, but there is still a 5 day Bob Willis Warks vs Lancs match next week.
    Just emphasises the mess that our cricket is in.
  • Options
    Superb!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can anyone confirm what total prize money Kent earned this year? I read somewhere that it was £175,000 for the Blast. What other prize funds did Kent pick up? I imagine it's the county's biggest-ever prize money earnings and among the highest for any county. 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Can anyone confirm what total prize money Kent earned this year? I read somewhere that it was £175,000 for the Blast. What other prize funds did Kent pick up? I imagine it's the county's biggest-ever prize money earnings and among the highest for any county. 
    I can’t open the link, is it Cummins?
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Well, that wasn't the answer I was expecting 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    That wasn’t the question I was expecting!!! I though I was replying to addick addict
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Darren Stevens
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Chizz said:
    If the prize money for winning the T20 was £175,000, I doubt the money for winning the 3rd division CC will be much at all. 
  • Options
    I know he's likes his cricket as I've seen him at Beckenham watching a Kent T20 match, but comedian and actor Chris Addison is down at Canterbury today watching the women's ODI

• Options
    Stewart said:
    Chizz said:
    If the prize money for winning the T20 was £175,000, I doubt the money for winning the 3rd division CC will be much at all. 
    Thanks
  • Options
    The Counties meet on Wednesday to decide the format for next year. This is taken from Atherton's article about the meeting:

Anyway, a two-thirds majority will be needed to vote on the proposal now put before them: the status quo for one more year only, where the County Championship is concerned, after which the conference-cum-divisional structure will be replaced by two divisions with ten counties in the first division and eight in the second for the 2023 season. The finishing positions in next year’s competition will determine the standings in the following year.

But there was much that was unsatisfactory. The first-class season was again pushed into the margins, beginning in early April and ending in October, with too little of it played in the summer. There were stretches of the season when first-class cricket was not played — bad for young players, supporters and the England team, who found their preparations and selections for the blue-chip series of the summer against India stymied by its absence.

The only immoveable next summer, as far as the ECB is concerned, is the Hundred, which will be given a prime five-week slot. The critical next question to answer is what will be played underneath it? The Royal London, as this year, or some form of championship cricket, at outgrounds? The latter was argued for in this space two years ago — both to provide some first-class preparation for Tests and offer those spectators, who don’t get along with the Hundred, a pleasing alternative.

Something will have to give and with ECB focused on ICC events, international cricket and the Hundred (the moneymaking bits), no prizes for guessing what will be marginalised in the end. The briefing paper concludes: “We propose that the game carry out a comprehensive review of men’s domestic cricket with the key recommendations being presented back to the first-class counties for consideration in April 2022.”

Another review to follow on from the dozens already seen and squandered: thus will the can get kicked down the road once more.

• Options
    The Counties meet on Wednesday to decide the format for next year. This is taken from Atherton's article about the meeting:

Anyway, a two-thirds majority will be needed to vote on the proposal now put before them: the status quo for one more year only, where the County Championship is concerned, after which the conference-cum-divisional structure will be replaced by two divisions with ten counties in the first division and eight in the second for the 2023 season. The finishing positions in next year’s competition will determine the standings in the following year.

But there was much that was unsatisfactory. The first-class season was again pushed into the margins, beginning in early April and ending in October, with too little of it played in the summer. There were stretches of the season when first-class cricket was not played — bad for young players, supporters and the England team, who found their preparations and selections for the blue-chip series of the summer against India stymied by its absence.

The only immoveable next summer, as far as the ECB is concerned, is the Hundred, which will be given a prime five-week slot. The critical next question to answer is what will be played underneath it? The Royal London, as this year, or some form of championship cricket, at outgrounds? The latter was argued for in this space two years ago — both to provide some first-class preparation for Tests and offer those spectators, who don’t get along with the Hundred, a pleasing alternative.

Something will have to give and with ECB focused on ICC events, international cricket and the Hundred (the moneymaking bits), no prizes for guessing what will be marginalised in the end. The briefing paper concludes: “We propose that the game carry out a comprehensive review of men’s domestic cricket with the key recommendations being presented back to the first-class counties for consideration in April 2022.”

Another review to follow on from the dozens already seen and squandered: thus will the can get kicked down the road once more.

Playing CC cricket at the same time as the 100 makes more sense than playing another white ball competition. 

The Royal London was a massive victim of the 100, with ALL the best white ball players absent, and a final played midweek, THREE days after the semis.

Come the next 50 over WC, will our best players have played a single domestic 50 over match?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not the best of starts by Lancs against Warwickshire in the Bob Willis Trophy. They went from 8-0 to 12-6!!!

Currently 43-6
  • Options
    47-7

Rain stopped play

Lord's is no Oval
  • Options
    78 all out

Wood 46*
  • Options
    Warwickshire 96-0 in reply

Some guy called Sibley is 37* off 77 balls
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/58707219

Darren Stevens (Kent) - 69% of those who voted (second highest after David Bedingham

• Options
    The LV= Insurance County Championship is set to remain a conference-based competition in 2022. But that will be the final season of the arrangement before a return to two divisions in 2023.

That is the basis of an ECB recommendation sent to the counties on Wednesday. The counties will then be required to vote on whether they accept the proposal in the next few days. It currently seems they are likely to do so.

While there had been an increased desire from the counties to return to two divisions with promotion and relegation for the 2022 season, it is understood that a meeting of the county chairs at Lord's on Wednesday accepted there were decent reasons for waiting an extra 12 months. In particular, there is a concern that a further spike in Covid - which appears to be anticipated for the winter of 2021-22 - might render a move to two-division cricket more challenging and encourage the regionalised conference schedule which has been used this year.

Finishing positions in the 2022 season would, in such a scenario, define the make-up of the divisions in 2023. That means the finishing positions achieved at the end of 2019, when Gloucestershire and Northants were among those who achieved promotion, would be void. It is anticipated that there would be 10 teams in division one and eight in division two.

It is understood there was no mention of the Bob Willis Trophy during the meeting, but it seems unlikely it will be played in 2022.

• Options
    Will Lancs also miss out on promotion or will there be a ‘well they won division 2 and are a big club so they can go up’ stitch up 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Will Lancs also miss out on promotion or will there be a ‘well they won division 2 and are a big club so they can go up’ stitch up 
    How cynical are you to even suggest such a stitch up?!

Of course they'd get bloody "promotion".
  • Options
    Good luck for the future Heino

Once he became an overseas player, his days were numbered, that's the way things are