Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Rochdale v Charlton | Sat 06 Feb 2021|

Comments

• Options
    Can we play like that every week please. Could and should have been more. Some positives. Shape looked good. Weird supporting our club isn't it? 
  • Options
    Looked like a different team today.

I needed that.

Well done Charlton.  

Same next Saturday please. 

• Options
    Sounds a great performance. 
    442 the way to go. 
  • Options
    Nothing like the disappointing defeat I predicted - obvs LB read my comments on the match preview, so started Chucks and Shinnie.

Well done lads.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Great performance all round. 

Oshilaja was outstanding, Pearce showed he can still do it and a very solid performance from JFC and Pratley. Also think Purrington should get a decent run of games now.

Aneke and Stockley should be our default front 2. DJ excited me, hopefully he starts next weekend.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Bowyer has lost the plot. Doesn't have a clue. Has lost the dressing room. No Plan B. Too much tinkering.

Blah blah blah.

Great performance. Clean sheet. Never looked in any danger. Three points.  Nothing more to say.
    We've beaten Rochdale, just a few days after a woeful performance, let's not get too carried away yet. Got to hope he doesn't tinker too much, we don't have a game on Tuesday so not excuses for tiredness/rotation. 
    Which part of my post suggests to you that I'm getting carried away?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    just brilliant all round

the only difference between 0-2 and a real tonking today was Bazunu
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Will be eating some Humble pie for tea as before the game I thought he picked the wrong team. Well played team & hope we can now stick to playing 442 with wide men. 

Only negatives - I hope people can see why it was so wrong playing Gunter at CH whilst leaving Desi on the bench. The points dropped in those games could be the difference in us finishing 8th & not 6th this season. 
    Agree totally, I think this probably speaks for a lot of us. Pearce for today is definitely making me eat pie!!, purrington was good today which is worth a mention. Deji comments are very valid.
  • Options
    Best performance in months.

Almost perfect, only criticism is we didn’t score 4 or 5.

Defence was solid and organised which is obviously our main concern of late so credit where it’s due to all four that played cos they’ve all taken a bit from us.

JFC, who I’m not the biggest fan of was excellent, played like Josh Cullen of 18/19, was all over the park.  Pratley was Pratley, and Millar unplayable at times, not afraid to take it to a corner and play his way out.

Up top an absolute handful nonstop, chuks was playing like their centre halves had had it away with his Mrs, looked menacing every time he was near them but with his usual delicate touch when he’s got the ball, Stockley likewise. 

But, we have to back it up now, it’s another cup final against Gillingham, I say that because today they had to focus of a big occasion, which is what’s required on the home straight.

Up the Addicks.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    As well as the performance it was great entertainment, glad I spent my 10 quid. Well played!
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Minto on Deji: “He speaks well”

I think you mean “He speaks well fast” Scott.
    Would somebody translate...
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Solid win. What’s very evident the last couple of games is the change in tactics, due to the personnel we’ve recruited.
     Thankfully LB has moved away from always trying to play out from the back and has gone more, dare I say, league 1 football. And we look better for it. 11 individual battles won today, and constant energy, the pressing was great. 
    We’ve a great opportunity to kick on now. 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Off_it said:
    Bowyer has lost the plot. Doesn't have a clue. Has lost the dressing room. No Plan B. Too much tinkering.

Blah blah blah.

Great performance. Clean sheet. Never looked in any danger. Three points.  Nothing more to say.
    We've beaten Rochdale, just a few days after a woeful performance, let's not get too carried away yet. Got to hope he doesn't tinker too much, we don't have a game on Tuesday so not excuses for tiredness/rotation. 
    Which part of my post suggests to you that I'm getting carried away?
    Never directly said you was. Although i don’t think it’s fair to dig out the supporters who have criticised Bowyer, a lot of criticism has been justified, some admittedly well over the top. 

But don’t want to detail a post match thread any further as it was a good solid win and that’s what the focus should be on. 
  • Options
    A much improved performance. 
    3 points and a clean sheet so nothing to moan about there.
    I'm still pretty certain we won't make the playoffs but this transfer window has certainly improved us.
    Win our next couple of games and an old miserable git like me might start believing 
    I honestly can’t believe how certain people seem so confident we won’t make the playoffs! We are going to get stronger by the week and the standard in this division is awful this season! No reason why we can mount a climb!
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Blah blah blah.

1 win against 18th. Yawn. 

Good display today, lets get a run going. No more tinkering. 
  • Options
    •No one less than 8/10
    • great pressing 
    • no lucky bounces for the opposition 
    • big presence up front 
    • no stupid errors 
    • better cover for the fullbacks 
    • no fannying around at the back 
    • looked to pass forward 

very enjoyable and with a little luck could have given them a trouncing. Would like to see us continue on the front foot and play Millar LW & DJ RW. Maybe Ronnie might get some service when he’s on