Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Rochdale v Charlton | Sat 06 Feb 2021|

Comments

• Options
    Very good solid performance all over the pitch. We pressed them most of the game and really didn't give them much time on the ball. Really pleased about today. Onto the next one. 
  • Options
    Probably our most comfortable win of the season. Should have scored more mind.
  • Options
    So much more like it.

Need to avoid too many changes next week!
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Curbs will be on Mock the Week soon. His comedy is top drawer.

• Options
    More of that, less of the other please, Lee. 
  • Options
    Yup a much improved performance and hopefully the start of a great run. I thought Deji was great and tbh deserves to keep his place 
  • Options
    A much improved performance. 
    3 points and a clean sheet so nothing to moan about there.
    I'm still pretty certain we won't make the playoffs but this transfer window has certainly improved us.
    Win our next couple of games and an old miserable git like me might start believing 
    Wot ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Much better. Never want to see that midfield diamond or Gunter at CB ever again. 
  • Options
    A much improved performance. 
    3 points and a clean sheet so nothing to moan about there.
    I'm still pretty certain we won't make the playoffs but this transfer window has certainly improved us.
    Win our next couple of games and an old miserable git like me might start believing 
    https://youtu.be/eMR_IgXNs7E
  • Options
    Get in
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    Not only did we win but we also made history in the 84th minute by being one of the teams involved in a game where total possession exceeded 100%:

47.5% and 52.5% rounded up gives 48% and 53%.  Elementary maths, my dear Watson.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Rochdale fans on their forum saying we're the best team they've seen this season. 
    That's probably the first time we have seen that and hopefully not the last. 
  • Options
    Really impressive performance. Managed the game comfortably from start to finish. 

Zero complaints about anything today. Need to follow this up with a win against Gillingham and start to sort the home form out to go alongside these strong away showing.

if Bowyer drops Purrington next week I will be straight into Sandgaard DM’s on Twitter. Back to back clean sheets for Purrington.
    You bother our owner with your recommendations on whom Bow should play at left back? Nah...I’ve been whooshed, right?

Excellent all round. Stonewall penalty on Miller first half. ref 2 yards away with his arms still out after he had played advantage earlier. I’d love to DM somebody about that. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Solid win, could have been more. Forced Rochdale into long ball football, which Deji and Pearce dealt with well. Purrington solid, as usual, and good to have him back.

Aneke and Stockley are the partnership we need to build on. Jaiyesemi looked lively, and a good addition. 
  • Options
    Unlike Golfie, no humble pie from me. Here are my pre match comments:

Quite interesting with Aneke  and Stockley starting. I think this is definitely worth a try. We may be seeing balls played into the final third more quickly for those two to battle for and win. I can't complain as that is not a million miles away from what I have been saying we ought to do. Millar is a good option to play off of any confusion they cause.

What we have to acknowledge is that it is a genuine departure playing two physical strikers up top. If you count Bogle as one of those, which I do, it has amazed me that we have seen just a few minutes of this. I have seen League One defences struggle against Aneke and Stockley so surely both of them will pose double the problems.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    esseffect said:
    Off_it said:
    Bowyer has lost the plot. Doesn't have a clue. Has lost the dressing room. No Plan B. Too much tinkering.

Blah blah blah.

Great performance. Clean sheet. Never looked in any danger. Three points.  Nothing more to say.
    1 win against 18th. Yawn. 

Good display today, lets get a run going. No more tinkering. 
    Made 3 changes. Tinkering Purington, Pearce and dropping Mathews was a good idea. 

He’s only really had to tinker because of injuries and fitness. I expect him to keep doing it
    Sorry but that is a load of tosh.  Including positional changes he has made 11 changes, 11!!, with the starting team over the last 2 games.  And 2 different formations.  None injury related, no suspensions.

One of his "good ideas" was recalling a player who was key to keeping a clean sheet 2 games ago then got tinkered out.

Getting it right today, as he did, doesn't mean he got it right previously.  Would you be happy if he makes 4 or 5 changes for next Saturday?

Based on the very impressive 1st half and very professional second, this needs to be the team for the next 2 or 3 games then its up to the individuals to make there case that they deserve to take the shirt from the incumbent.  If anything happens to Stockley we could be in bother, again. 

That includes young DJ.  Midfield balance was perfect for me today.  Playing 2 strikers AND 2 wingers is a massive risk.

If that's the start of the run we need brilliant and fingers crossed.

How good was it to be two up, like for like subs and look more like scoring the third than being peged back.  Onwards and up wards. 
    I agree with most of this, apart from the bit about playing 2 wingers and it being a big risk. As it stands we probably need to take a risk to win games if we want to get a play off place because once everyonehas played the same number of games we aren't going to still be on 6th place. And its not really a risk because if we lose we aren't going to get relegated. All I see is a win/win situation. 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Just hope there is not something in the Chelsea loan making us play Maatson.  We are way tighter at the back with Purrington.  Maatsen will be a decent player in time but he needs a rest.

Pearce did well, hope Famewo or Innis back for the tougher games to come though.  Oshi was excellent.

So impressed with the cameo from DJ when he came off the bench, going to be a big player for us if he can repeat that level frequently.  

Stockley and Aneke up front will not be a pairing many defences will relish at this level, esp when they know they will be beaten up by them and we have the luxury of Schwartz and Washington to come off the bench.

Millar excellent again.

Happy tonight and easy winnings from the betting shop once the team line up was announced.

Interested to hear the thoughts of the many who piled in on Bows at 2pm when the team was announced.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    I think it can be a risk playing an extra winger as you need the midfield to win the battles, which they did. Having an extra winger is a good option from the bench.

We cut down the number of needless passes we made and tried to get the ball forward more quickly than we usually do. That is because it can stick when you have Aneke and Stockley up there. I liked that when there wasn't a positive pass on we lumped it forwards. This is safer and we made less passes under pressure.
  • Options
    In Bowyer we trust.