Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Rochdale v Charlton | Sat 06 Feb 2021|

Comments

• Options
    Very proud today and I feel like a run is possible. I'd like to think he keeps the same team and give Purrington a run at LB. 
  • Options
    Very proud today and I feel like a run is possible. I'd like to think he keeps the same team and give Purrington a run at LB. 
    agreed. If we start playing 442 it means we could also use Millar or DJ off the bench too and play Maatsen at LM because we still lack a wide player. 
  • Options
    Bizarre to go from the previous game to this one and the change in the players' apparent attitude and belief. Making that change is one thing, maintaining it another. 
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    •No one less than 8/10

• Options
    Alot of the games the teams around us have in hand are going to be against each other so I expect everything will even out much the way the table looks now, we just need to put a run together ourselves hopefully today was the start 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Really impressive performance. Managed the game comfortably from start to finish. 

Zero complaints about anything today. Need to follow this up with a win against Gillingham and start to sort the home form out to go alongside these strong away showing.

if Bowyer drops Purrington next week I will be straight into Sandgaard DM’s on Twitter. Back to back clean sheets for Purrington.
  • Options
    Main difference in our defence was we played to our strength,dont ponce about,whack it up to the front men,let them do the rest.Pleased for Oshi,looking better every week.Word also for Pratley,again an absolute nightmare for their midfield,he did not give an inch.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Showed their mindset is focussed on winning and promotion. Promising times ahead.  
  • Options
    A good solid, back to basics win

A back 4 all playing in their natural positions, a flat 442 with 1 "winger" on the left and a right footed midfielder on the right, 2 physical forwards against a defence who struggle with physicality. Great pressing and no defensive howlers.

The only disappointment is that we didn't get the 3rd when on top in the first half, as there was always the risk that Rochdale could have nicked a goal and made the second half unnecessarily nervous. As it was they were very poor and we held on easily.
  • Options
    Will be interesting when the two cb’s are back? Deji would be very unlucky to be dropped, Pearce was good today but still think he’s 4th choice. Hopefully the competition will make them all fight harder for clean sheets which is obviously good all round.would bows use a 3 at the back more??
  • Options
    Alot of the games the teams around us have in hand are going to be against each other so I expect everything will even out much the way the table looks now, we just need to put a run together ourselves hopefully today was the start 
    Exactly, forget about the others, concentrate on ourselves 
  • Options
    Loving the Saturday evening positivity. Long may it continue.  
  • Options
    Excellent team performance all round, it looked like they knew the system they were being asked to play. Pressed high, dominated midfield and looked hungry up front. 

Massive improvement and as others have said, perhaps the start of a run we need and deserve to go on. Well done the Addicks!
  • Options
    Great result and performance and hopefully the start of a wining run against teams in the bottom half.

An added bonus that Hull, Sunderland, Portsmouth and Accrington all dropped points to bottom half sides.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Back to basics. Players in their right positions. Defenders doing their jobs. Minimal fannying around at the back as Amos was looking for the two target men, who both had good games. Millar and later DJ both using their pace well. Ronnie not touching the ball in his ten minute cameo (or did he?). Could and should have been more. Much better today.
  • Options
    Agree totally, we looked bigger and a stronger unit all round, did the simple things we haven't been doing well. 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Bowyer has lost the plot. Doesn't have a clue. Has lost the dressing room. No Plan B. Too much tinkering.

Blah blah blah.

Great performance. Clean sheet. Never looked in any danger. Three points.  Nothing more to say.
    1 win against 18th. Yawn. 

Good display today, lets get a run going. No more tinkering. 
    Made 3 changes. Tinkering Purington, Pearce and dropping Mathews was a good idea. 

He’s only really had to tinker because of injuries and fitness. I expect him to keep doing it
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Having two big guys up front and two centre halves plus Pratters meant we defended set pieces better and were more of a threat from them too. Bowyer shouldn't mess about with this at all bar bringing in Famewo for Pearce when he is ready.
  • Options
    Pleased with how solid we looked. So many times this season Maatsen has been amongst our best players, and yet today he wasn't missed. Midfield looked really crowded at times but we had the ability to cut through it whilst they walked (or passed) themselves into trouble. For most that first half we were a constant threat. If I have one complaint all game it's that free kick at the end, shame to waste opportunities like that. Not to worry though; entertaining football, good effort from everyone an a win. Can't ask for much more than that.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Blimey @Covered End that’s spooky, this is what I’ve just messaged my son; 

Good solid away performance. All the defence played well Pearce and Purrington stepped up to the plate. Oshilajas good form just gets better. Should’ve have been out of sight. Our front two were a handful. DJ for shinnie next week otherwise same team’.