Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Rochdale v Charlton | Sat 06 Feb 2021|

Comments

• Options
    shirty5 said:

Lol.

"He's just turning into your road now ..."
  • Options
    Didn’t watch today and had low expectations. Delighted to get a good result with what appears from the comments to have been a decent routine performance.  Nice to see player marks showing sound 7s and above all round. Strange to have nothing to moan about at least until next week. Well done boys. Onwards and upwards. 
  • Options
    Great performance, can we go on a run now with a settled side? No excuses to chop and change over the next 5 games (injuries permitted) 
  • Options
    Much better feeling 

The team worked hard for that, if I'm honest I thought Rochdale were a bit shit and didn't start to play until the last 15 minutes when we were looking a bit leggy 

Deji played well today and deserved the goal and man of the match award, which is harsh on Liam Millar, Chuks, Prattley, Purrington and Stockley 

Shinnie looked a bit lost on the right but played well too. Much better when you aren't chasing the game as well
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rochdale’s Baah is a handy player. 
  • Options
    I offered the opinion we should play 4-4-2 and that Purrington should play. I hope we stick with that formation.
     Missed first half as broken down just off the M1 😡. Seen the highlights on Valley pass and two deffo penalties. Crossbar twice and post.
    Same team for Gillingham for me. 
    Oshi’s shirt now. 
  • Options
    good balanced side with a big threat up front, pace out wide and battlers in the middle and defenders playing their natural positions - it was right and felt right - deji and purrington must feel quite pleased at last.... need to  keep aneke in the team whenever possible and gradually phase smith and dj in and we will start smashing teams - once we do, schwartz can come into things more but id defo stick with them 2 up top for now 
  • Options
    Will be eating some Humble pie for tea as before the game I thought he picked the wrong team. Well played team & hope we can now stick to playing 442 with wide men. 

Only negatives - I hope people can see why it was so wrong playing Gunter at CH whilst leaving Desi on the bench. The points dropped in those games could be the difference in us finishing 8th & not 6th this season. 
    Fair play. For what it’s worth, I don’t think it’ll be an issue and think we’ll make the playoffs. 
  • Options
    Purrington, fair play.  Great game and millar looked good playing with you.

DJ looks a decent player, he seemed to be on song. 
  • Options
    That header by Pearce for that second goal. Like a salmon. 

Deji was superb. Has a footballers brain. Won so much in the air and knew when to leave it. 

Purrington was very good. Maybe if they had a decent winger he might not have been as forward as often but because he was he helped make our left hand side look very threatening. 

I know we are only against Rochdale but hopefully from now on LB realises that the diamond is not really needed. Forster Kasky and Pratley worked so well together, less space for the opposition and being close to each other they knew where the other was and whether they needed to get back and help one another. 

DJ looks very direct. look forward to seeing more of him. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Rochdale fans on their forum saying we're the best team they've seen this season. 
  • Options
    Great win, first half best i’ve seen us play this season. Bowyer must continue to play Stockley and Aneke together, let them build a partnership and stop this rotating nonsense. 
    Purrington also played excellent, and deserves to keep his place over Maatsen. 
  • Options
    Great performance. Dominated from the start, we were aggressive and confident - it was a great approach to a relatively* poor team. I think the two early goals were such a welcome difference from being on the back foot from the start as we have been recently but I was also really impressed with our defence. 

*I say relatively, Baah looks a brilliant young player, we did well at keeping him fairly quiet until towards the end but even then we managed him pretty effectively. 
  • Options
    Good performance  , we didn't really need to get out of second gear and could have got 5 or 6 . Oshilaja deserved MOM  , he has put in some good performances of late  . It was great to  see Purrington looking like a footballer again . DJ could become a crowd favourite on that showing .
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Much better - we just kept it simple, no square pegs in round holes, no panic, no need for half time substitutions or formation changes.
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    Rochdale’s Baah is a handy player. 
    He's signed a pre-contract to join Man City in the summer.
  • Options
    Can we agree that Pearce doesn't need to retire just yet then? LOL. In all fairness a solid team performance and a go 3 points. Lets build on this and have some patience next time we have a shitty result COYR