Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup 20/21

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2021
    This may be written by a Palace fan but it sums up what the FA Cup really means, why I desperately hope to see us win it, and to a far lesser extent why I want Leicester to win it next Saturday:

https://www.planetfootball.com/in-depth/crystal-palace-fans-personal-account-fa-cup-means-much/

Still never want Palace to get their grubby hands on it though.
  • Options
    Leicester having never won the FA Cup is reason enough for every non-Chelsea fan to want them to win it.
  • Options
    Vardy interview just now before the final. Mentions the reason why i will always like him. took the piss out of palace fans with his celebration mocking the Eagles.
  • Options
    How many people are inside Wembley? 20,000?
  • Options
    My realistic Charlton dream is an FA Cup final, and singing Abide with Me

Though with our cup history in my lifetime, my best bet is to join a choir!
    Was just thinking what a mess I would be singing that at a cup final. Gives me a lump in the throat anyway.
  • Options
    Really looking forward to this. Fans back is so good to see. Cmon Leicester!
  • Options
    Chelsea win a e t
  • Options
    Come on Leicester!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Really hope Leicester win this and would love to see Vardy score. 
  • Options

not sure about realistic with Charlton but i would love to have a chance to sing that at Wembley. Means alot to me and i'm sure others. Song was sung by a small gathering due to covid for my Aunties funeral a few months back, who was a Charlton fan herself. 
  • Options
    quickest version of god save the queen. even our fans wouldn't manage that speed. 
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    Really hope Leicester win this and would love to see Vardy score. 
    Me too - I’ve backed him first goal at 6/1
  • Options
    Brilliant seeing fans there. Good memories of our playoff 
  • Options
    So, another FA Cup Final comes around and again it is so long since Charlton got knocked out that, again, I cannot remember who this years ignominious defeat was to. We really have to start doing better in this competition. I'm sick and tired of pony excuses about concentrating on the league.  
  • Options
    Was that booing I could hear when the players took the knee?
  • Options

not sure about realistic with Charlton but i would love to have a chance to sing that at Wembley. Means alot to me and i'm sure others. Song was sung by a small gathering due to covid for my Aunties funeral a few months back, who was a Charlton fan herself. 
    The likes of Watford, Palace, Wigan, Hull, Millwall, Stoke, Pompey, Cardiff, Stoke have all reached the final this century
  • Options
    Sounded like it
  • Options
    Yes, sadly. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chelsea's new kit looks far too Wimbledon like. How come they've gone for yellow? Any significance?
  • Options
    It was Millwall fans  ;)
  • Options
    Chelsea's new kit looks far too Wimbledon like. How come they've gone for yellow? Any significance?
    Am I watching the wrong game?
  • Options
    quickest version of god save the queen. even our fans wouldn't manage that speed. 
    f'cking awful - just let the band play and the crowd sing it....
  • Options
    f'cking awful - just let the band play and the crowd sing it....
    Or even better, announce to the crowd, ‘Sing the national anthem’.
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    Chelsea are wearing their new kit. Yellow stripe down it and yellow Nike tick. Usually it'd be white
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    Chelsea are wearing their new kit. Yellow stripe down it and yellow Nike tick. Usually it'd be white
    Oh, I see. Sorry, I couldn’t even make that out.  
  • Options
    Why are the Leicester fans booing nearly every time the Chelsea players have the ball? - Feels such a European thing that Im wondering if we're still getting generic commentary 
  • Options
    The 1970s  Official Site  Chelsea Football Club
  • Options
    Vardy v James looks like it should be an exciting match up!