Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FA Cup 20/21

Comments

• couldn’t have been done better
  • Were Leicester runners up more times than anyone else before winning the trophy? 
  • Were Leicester runners up more times than anyone else before winning the trophy? 
    Yes - four times before today. Next closest is twice runners up: QPR, Birmingham, Watford and Palace.
  • Top 4 qualification is great, but sport is all about winning things
  • Really pleased for Leicester. I think, because fans were in the stadium and the atmosphere they generated (+Abide With Me beforehand) that’s one of my favourite FA Cup finals ever!
  • edited May 2021
    So how much will Arsenal offer Rodgers to move there once they fire Arteta? Or Tottenham? You just know big offers are coming.
  • Sponsored links:

• Even Lineker is struggling with his voice
    I thought he was going to do a Mark Mansfield/Paddy Powell there for a minute.
  • So how much will Arsenal offer Rodgers to move there once they fire Arteta? Or Tottenham? You just know big offers are coming.
    Rodgers loves it at Leicester, has a good team, a great owner and might qualify for the CL. Really can't see him leaving yet.
  • So how much will Arsenal offer Rodgers to move there once they fire Arteta? Or Tottenham? You just know big offers are coming.
    Why should he take a step back? 
    No reason.

• I think one of the Leicester players may have just trod on the lid.
    Rodgers loves it at Leicester, has a good team, a great owner and might qualify for the CL. Really can't see him leaving yet.
    Agreed. He would be foolish to move just yet. 
    You’re probably right. But every manager loves their club right up to the point they leave. The list of managers that have said they “don’t wanna leave” but then do is too long to count. If Arsenal feel after the ESL debacle that they need to splash the cash and overpay for a manager to defect hatred of them, I think they will. Romance does not seem to exist as much in football anymore so I rarely expect it. But hope he stays.
  • Sponsored links:

• How good was that with the owner!
  • Stig said:
    That's exactly what VAR is there for. Brilliant. Throws the "kills the drama" argument out the window too.
    I'm well happy with the result and the VAR decision was technically right.  But there's two reasons for my why VAR is bad in such circumstances. 1. The fans had celebrated what appeared to be a perfectly legitimate goal. And the reason it would appeared to be a perfectly legitimate goal... 2. Nobody could have perceived that being off side in real time. We have taken decisions to a level that are beyond human perception. It's football, not bloody playstation. 

And another thing, if that goal was ruled out because of an imperceptible rule infringement, why wasn't the first goal ruled out for handball?

I'm glad Chelsea lost and I'm glad Leicester won, but it shouldn't have been like that.
    Agree to disagree. I think it's madness to let illegitimate goals stand and rob a team of a trophy like that.
  • Great owner Leicester have etc.
  • Delighted Chelsea lost. Hope they lose to City in the Champions league and miss out on a CL place too. All of the fans I know of theirs are unbearable when they pipe up after a win
  • A shame Rodgers isn’t English. Would be the 1st choice to be next England manager if the job ever became available. 
    You’re probably right. But every manager loves their club right up to the point they leave. The list of managers that have said they “don’t wanna leave” but then do is too long to count. If Arsenal feel after the ESL debacle that they need to splash the cash and overpay for a manager to defect hatred of them, I think they will. Romance does not seem to exist as much in football anymore so I rarely expect it. But hope he stays.
    Arsenal is a huge rebuilding job, they're at their worst point since the early 90s i think. He'd be mad to go there given that Kroenke has shown absolutely no desire to spend anywhere near the kind of money it will require. 

You could see from the celebrations on the pitch that Rodgers has a close relationship with the Leicester owner. Compare that to Kroenke who hardly ever even goes to games.
  • Stig said:
    That's exactly what VAR is there for. Brilliant. Throws the "kills the drama" argument out the window too.
    I'm well happy with the result and the VAR decision was technically right.  But there's two reasons for my why VAR is bad in such circumstances. 1. The fans had celebrated what appeared to be a perfectly legitimate goal. And the reason it would appeared to be a perfectly legitimate goal... 2. Nobody could have perceived that being off side in real time. We have taken decisions to a level that are beyond human perception. It's football, not bloody playstation. 

And another thing, if that goal was ruled out because of an imperceptible rule infringement, why wasn't the first goal ruled out for handball?

I'm glad Chelsea lost and I'm glad Leicester won, but it shouldn't have been like that.
    Agree to disagree. I think it's madness to let illegitimate goals stand and rob a team of a trophy like that.
    So that's 0-0 then.