Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup 20/21

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    There are plenty of instances that make VAR look silly but this wasn’t one of them.
    I still hate it and would dispose of it yesterday. The singular best thing in football is the joy given in the 30 seconds after your team score a goal. If you cannot let yourself go with that because it might be wiped out by computer lines three minutes later, the game has lost its appeal imo.

officiating mistakes should be part of the game. 
    The word mistake is the big word in that sentence. That decision was not a mistake. It is so borderline it is probably impossible to get the accurate decision. 

VAR potential spoiled an excellent cup final that should be remembered for two world class saves and a brilliant goal.
  • Options
    I was lucky enough to be at the final yesterday, a great experience and pleased Leicester won. It was brilliant to be at a ground and amongst fans... both sets of supporters made decent noise when I was expecting the reduced capacity to leave Wembley feeling a bit empty!

Only downside was that awful version of God Save the Queen, and Chelsea fans booing players taking the knee...
  • Options
    There are plenty of instances that make VAR look silly but this wasn’t one of them.
    I still hate it and would dispose of it yesterday. The singular best thing in football is the joy given in the 30 seconds after your team score a goal. If you cannot let yourself go with that because it might be wiped out by computer lines three minutes later, the game has lost its appeal imo.

officiating mistakes should be part of the game. 
    I so agree. But... in this case...  :D
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    Couple of interviews with Chelsea fans after the game:

Absolutely disgraceful VAR, FA needs to review that...but obviously they’re not because they only care about the money”.

Irony not lost on you mate.

We should have won the game, a lucky goal”.

Yep, luckiest goal I’ve ever seen.
    Oh  - but the "equaliser" bouncing off two players in the six yard box was a worldie was it Chelsea fans? 
  • Options
    Really pleased for Leicester. Shows what can happen with an owner who cares. Your turn soon, Thomas.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Pleased for Leicester and what a goal to win it with.

Not a fan of VAR but it got that one right.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    I still dont know who my favourite is in that video...

You've got the idiot posting the video
    The gormless one in the blue shirt who stands there open mouthed
    Or the one who looks like he has so much cocaine up his nose, he's still waiting to blink again - Really disappointed we dont get to see his reaction to the disallowed goal
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Superb that LCFC won it and against Chelsea, and in a season when the big clubs tried to fk the rest. Poetic. 
  • Options
    Never knew David Brent was a Chelsea supporter.
  • Options
    One day that will be big Tommy Saandguard celebrating on the pitch with the squad while Man city are sulking in the background 😉
    Oh please please don't. The hope will kill me.
  • Options
    A shame Rodgers isn’t English. Would be the 1st choice to be next England manager if the job ever became available. 
    Errrrrr. Didn't know this was a rule even if arguably it should be.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    A shame Rodgers isn’t English. Would be the 1st choice to be next England manager if the job ever became available. 
    Errrrrr. Didn't know this was a rule even if arguably it should be.
    He genuinely might not want to manage England because he’s not English. Being a previous Celtic manager I would probably have a guess and think he wouldn’t be interested in it, if he was offered it.Sir Alex was offered the England job and refused it. It’s a shame as Rodgers is one of the best available managers in world football.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Apologies for duplicating my own link but this version is so so soooo much better lol...

That’s brilliant - and totally deserved for anyone whose first reaction to their team scoring a last minute equaliser in the FA Cup final is to get their phone out and start filming. 
    I agree but there were about a few smartphone videos of our goal celebrations two years ago. Perhaps in our case it was a friend of a fan 😉
  • Options
    I've had a soft spot for Leicester since the mid 90s when they beat Palace in the last minute of extra time in the play-off final at Wembley. A friend of a friend from uni was a Leicester fan and arranged for me to have a ticket for the game, but couldn't go himself as he had one of his finals that day. The Leicester fans around me were lovely when they clocked that my boyfriend and I weren't Foxes, and I explained why we were there and that I wanted Palace to lose nearly as much as they did :)