Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

greatest show on turf Cheltenham 2021

Comments

• Options
    Sporting Life have removed the piece already. Someone is getting a shoeing there.

IF this is genuine, it is absolutely unforgivable.
  • Options
    If it wasn’t genuine surely he would say so rather than saying he is helping with the investigation 
  • Options
    I think it’s 100% genuine. Not hugely shocked, blokes a tool 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    If it wasn’t genuine surely he would say so rather than saying he is helping with the investigation 
    I would think so, yes. The only plausible explanations for a non-denial in my view are: 1) it's true or 2) he's been advised by his lawyer not to comment (which seems unlikely if he is completely blameless and the scenario is pretty binary).
  • Options
    What would the outcome be of this? Byrnes got 6 months for drugging a horse. 

Have been in the blokes company once and he seems to drink a lot.

I also received the following last week about him having lockdown parties in his don cossack bar and got caught getting intimate with a stable staff member - have seen the Video of the party it’s clearly 25/30 people breaking all Ireland’s covid rules. 
  • Options
    I suspect an appeal would be dragged all the way out so the horses run at the Festival - if this is a genuine photo. At the moment it has all the hallmarks of a fake imho, but I can't get over the fact that the horse has a very similar marking on his right foreleg to that of Easywork who passed away this year. 

If this is real... the bloke has to be whatever the training equivalent of warned off is. It would be lower than I'd possibly think would go on at any stable. 

But, let's wait and see.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    PaddyP17 said:
    I suspect an appeal would be dragged all the way out so the horses run at the Festival - if this is a genuine photo. At the moment it has all the hallmarks of a fake imho, but I can't get over the fact that the horse has a very similar marking on his right foreleg to that of Easywork who passed away this year. 

If this is real... the bloke has to be whatever the training equivalent of warned off is. It would be lower than I'd possibly think would go on at any stable. 

But, let's wait and see.
    IF it is genuine, he should be put out of business - period.
    And, if it is for real, whatever the authorities might do, I’d like to think owners would make it so by removing their horses from him instantly.
    We’ll see.

• Options
    PaddyP17 said:

But, let's wait and see.
    IF it is genuine, he should be put out of business - period.
    But, if so, whatever the authorities might do, I’d like to think owners would pull his shutters down by removing their horses from him instantly.
    We’ll see.

Yes I would suspect the official sanction would be academic.

If Gigginstown, Cheveley Park, The Morans etc all walk then he's finished.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
     This. Fellas in big trouble there.
  • Options
    I know it’s a photo from Snapchat but I’ve zoomed in and if it’s a fake then it’s a very very good one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gigginstown are running there operation down I think. 
  • Options
    Gigginstown are running there operation down I think. 
    Yes - announced phasing out over the course of 5 years
  • Options
    https://www.irishracing.com/news?prid=216026 

Get him out. This is Wayne Hennessy levels of bullshit. Disgusting.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    https://www.irishracing.com/news?prid=216026 

Get him out. This is Wayne Hennessy levels of bullshit. Disgusting.
    Wow.
  • Options
    I’ve never seen the peace sign being used as a “I’m on the phone, I’ll be 2 mins” signal 
  • Options
    He should never be seen anywhere near a horse again let alone in racing. He should be thrown out of racing for good. A sad and sickening day racing
  • Options
    This was the event that went ahead last year despite concerns regarding coronavirus, and shortly afterwards the region was identified as a hotspot I believe.  They can fuck off.
  • Options
    I am fuming. Absolutely fuming. This is a beyond terrible situation.
  • Options
    This was the event that went ahead last year despite concerns regarding coronavirus, and shortly afterwards the region was identified as a hotspot I believe.  They can fuck off.
    Who is they? 
  • Options
    Wow, what a complete and utter bellend
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Who is they? 
    The jockey club.
  • Options
    Who is they? 
    The organisers of this event.
    Bit harsh. Hindsight a wonderful thing, it was still a bit of unknown then. Although I do 100% agree it shouldn't have gone ahead, certainly not in front of a crowd but that decision should have been made by the Government, not the organisers. 
  • Options
    Who is they? 
    A huge mistake that it went ahead with fans for sure. Thankfully it's a different situation this year.
  • Options
    Who is they? 
    Bit harsh. Hindsight a wonderful thing, it was still a bit of unknown then. Although I do 100% agree it shouldn't have gone ahead, certainly not in front of a crowd but that decision should have been made by the Government, not the organisers. 
    Hindsight?  Many people were saying how ridiculous it was that this was going ahead at the time.  Not hindsight at all.  Criminal negligence.
  • Options
    Who is they? 
    Hindsight?  Many people were saying how ridiculous it was that this was going ahead at the time.  Not hindsight at all.  Criminal negligence.
    I said the same myself to be fair. But to put that blame at the feet of the organisers is unfair I feel. 
  • Options
    Who is they? 
    Against the Government as it was them that said it could all go ahead with public in attendance. Jockey Club, Cheltenham and BHA all went by rules and keep checking with the government so no criminal negligence there!
    Why single out Cheltenham what about the 3,000 fans coming over from Madrid for the football that week too or the 50,000 gathered at a pop concert the weekend after Cheltenham!

• Options
    Who is they? 
    Against the Government as it was them that said it could all go ahead with public in attendance. Jockey Club, Cheltenham and BHA all went by rules and keep checking with the government so no criminal negligence there!
    Why single out Cheltenham what about the 3,000 fans coming over from Madrid for the football that week too or the 50,000 gathered at a pop concert the weekend after Cheltenham!

I'm not singling out Cheltenham.  If you can show me the threads on those other events I'll make myself unpopular on those as well.
  • Options
    Who is they? 

I'm not singling out Cheltenham.  If you can show me the threads on those other events I'll make myself unpopular on those as well.
    I don't disagree with your point, just think it's targeted in the wrong direction. By hindsight I meant knowing the effects of the virus, particularly for the organisers. It wasn't their job to know about the virus, in March last year the magnitude of Covid was still an unknown for the majority of people. The responsibility to make the call fell on the Government, and they made the wrong one. 
  • Options
    Who is they? 

No threads on here that I know of just simple facts. But 3,000 travelled over from Madrid for the Champions League match with Liverpool. And the concert was in this country the weekend after Cheltenham