Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

greatest show on turf Cheltenham 2021

Comments

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    Bha will not allow his horses to run in Uk whilst under investigation. 
    But if owners transfer the horse to other trainers then can run. 

Well done the BHA, the right and only thing to do was to in effect suspend his involvement in UK racing while the IHRB investigation is concluded - perhaps the IHRB could have done the same.

The next thing for the BHA to do would be to at least match the sanction handed down to him by the IHRB, and a heavier sanction if the Irish bottle it.

I wonder if that airline owning c*nt will switch his Cheltenham runners to another trainer if the investigation hasn't been completed by then.

Whatever happens, Elliott is finished.

When the IHRB bottle it. 
  • Options
    Oisin Murphy - Coke scandal 
    charles Byrnes - 6 month ban for drugging horses 
    now Elliot with this carry on 

the animal rights mob are circling like vultures. 
    Disgusting sport and they flog horses to death. 
    I am in shock even that a champion trainer sits on a horse that has just died to make and call and smile. Would you do that to your dog??
    Trust Palacehater to like and defend.   
  • Options
    It’s also worth noting that it was one of gigginstown horses that was the one being posed with died in 2019 called Morgan 

• Options

I am in shock even that a champion trainer sits on a horse that has just died to make and call and smile. Would you do that to your dog??
    You what ? 
  • Options
    I will not post it on here as it's an awful video, but there is video of what looks like Rob James (a jockey) straddling a dead horse and pretending to ride it. Suggestions are it's Colin Bowe's yard.

This is sick. Absolutely vile stuff. Grim as anything.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    I will not post it on here as it's an awful video, but there is video of what looks like Rob James (a jockey) straddling a dead horse and pretending to ride it. Suggestions are it's Colin Bowe's yard.

It's really, really grim. I would say I have a partial interest in horse racing, I really know f all about it - but the last few days and seeing some of the photos/videos has really put me off the sport. 
  • Options
    I'd love to know who took the Elliott photo and who first circulated it. I bet neither of them are too popular at the moment. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

You what ? 
    Don’t worry chaps valleysarr is a strange poster that I’ve probably ruffled at some point - classic keyboard warrior. 
  • Options
    Someone must have it in for Elliot, the leaked horse photo and the bar and rumours of shagging women and getting them to fight all in a week.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:

Well done the BHA, the right and only thing to do was to in effect suspend his involvement in UK racing while the IHRB investigation is concluded - perhaps the IHRB could have done the same.

The next thing for the BHA to do would be to at least match the sanction handed down to him by the IHRB, and a heavier sanction if the Irish bottle it.

I wonder if that airline owning c*nt will switch his Cheltenham runners to another trainer if the investigation hasn't been completed by then.

He did say that he was sticking by Elliott. His ego, desire to win and thought of losing out on prize money will surely test his loyalty. For at least a nanosecond!

If O'Leary is worried about losing prize money then why is he scaling back the number of horses he owns?
  • Options
    @bobmunro what in your opinion is the chance in elliots horses running at Cheltenham, if envoi was to miss out then it would be a major boost for bookies, hearing chievely park are moving all there horses with Elliot to de Bromhead skybet last night were still offering odds on hdbh to train 2+ winners. 
  • Options
    Absolutely sick. This is beyond disgusting. I fear there is more to come too. Twisted high jinks for social media/mobile phone laughs - how low can this go.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    @bobmunro what in your opinion is the chance in elliots horses running at Cheltenham, if envoi was to miss out then it would be a major boost for bookies, hearing chievely park are moving all there horses with Elliot to de Bromhead skybet last night were still offering odds on hdbh to train 2+ winners. 

I think there is zero chance of any horses running with G. Elliott named as the trainer. Cheveley Park Stud will distance themselves by moving their horses away from him and consequently I believe Envoi Allen will still run, maybe saddled by De Bromhead.

The interesting thing will be what Gigginstown do - impossible to second guess O'Leary (apart from him always being various shades of a c*nt). Does he stand with Elliott and withdraw his horses, or does he send them somewhere else? The other issue is would other self-respecting trainers want to take his horses after his full backing of Elliot.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    bobmunro said:

He did say that he was sticking by Elliott. His ego, desire to win and thought of losing out on prize money will surely test his loyalty. For at least a nanosecond!

If O'Leary is worried about losing prize money then why is he scaling back the number of horses he owns?
    What O'Leary says and what O'Leary does are two different things. Last season he had 666 runners. He has had so far 533 runners and with two months to go and Cheltenham, Aintree and Punchestown Festivals to come, the chances are that he will surpass that. The previous three years were, admittedly, as much as half as much again but there are no indications whatsoever that he is winding down his operation to the extent that he originally indicated he would be doing - he probably still owns, including stores, close to 200 horses. 

That said, I don't believe that the actual prizemoney is his biggest motivator. But the thought of missing out on the prizes that he has horses in training to win will more than irk him especially as this is likely to be the first year since 2012 that he has failed to reach the 100 winner mark. Put another way, would he prefer to win a novice hurdle at Naas or the Supreme Novice at Cheltenham - the former is surely only a stepping stone to the ultimate goal.

• Options
    Hearing more bad stuff to come as regards the scumbag
  • Options
    The problem might be seen to the casual observer is to figure out if what we're discovering is the bad 1% or the tip of an iceberg being revealed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cheveley Park have removed all their horses from the Elliott yard. Envoi Allen is off to De Bromhead’s.
  • Options
    Cheveley Park have removed all their horses from the Elliott yard. Envoi Allen is off to De Bromhead’s.
    Good. First of many exits I hope. 

As disgusting as the photo and video are, does anyone else find the timing of their release suspicious, especially as the Elliott photo was apparently taken two years ago and the Rob James video five years ago? 
  • Options

As disgusting as the photo and video are, does anyone else find the timing of their release suspicious, especially as the Elliott photo was apparently taken two years ago and the Rob James video five years ago? 
    Absolutely. Hopefully, only the O’Leary’s will stay put. 
    Yes, someone on a revenge mission, perhaps ? 
  • Options

Absolutely. Hopefully, only the O’Leary’s will stay put. 
    Yes, someone on a revenge mission, perhaps ? 
    If it was just Elliott then I would definitely say that was the case and it still might be.
    Not sure about Rob James' inclusion though. Maybe just a case of those that are against horse racing in all forms such as Anna Kissed's kind. 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    PaddyP17 said:

Of course, it's abhorrent - any true lover of horse racing will be appalled.
    But it needs to be seen in the context of the whole sport, where the overwhelming majority (i.e. 99%+) love and truly care for the race horses in their care.

The likes of Elliott, and James/Bowe if true, need to be hounded out of the sport. They are just wrong'uns as there are in every walk of life.
    Oh, of course. But when it's the second-biggest trainer in Ireland, and then a video has emerged from another yard, you do wonder just a tiny bit.

Seth isn't totally wrong to point out the casual observer might think "tip of the iceberg". After all, animal rights activists will plaster the images of Elliot and James across anything to do with racing for time immemorial, and the shocking nature of the image will see knee-jerk public reactions.

Of course, an inquiry HAS to be held, and has to be far-reaching with heavy punishments.

But I would guess a lot of damage - some of it possibly irreparable - has been done already.
  • Options
    I think the outcry from trainers, owners, broadcasters and racing fans indicates that these incidents aren’t the norm. Can anyone really imagine Henderson, Tizzard, Gosden, Mullins or any other trainer behaving like it ? 
    There are arseholes in every sport. For every Joey Barton stubbing a cigar out in someone’s eye there’s hundreds of decent pro footballers.
    Every regular contributor to the racing threads on here seems to be of the same opinion about these incidents and there are enough race horse owners on here to know that this behaviour is definitely not the norm.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    bobmunro said:
    PaddyP17 said:

Of course, it's abhorrent - any true lover of horse racing will be appalled.
    But it needs to be seen in the context of the whole sport, where the overwhelming majority (i.e. 99%+) love and truly care for the race horses in their care.

The likes of Elliott, and James/Bowe if true, need to be hounded out of the sport. They are just wrong'uns as there are in every walk of life.
    Oh, of course. But when it's the second-biggest trainer in Ireland, and then a video has emerged from another yard, you do wonder just a tiny bit.

Seth isn't totally wrong to point out the casual observer might think "tip of the iceberg". After all, animal rights activists will plaster the images of Elliot and James across anything to do with racing for time immemorial, and the shocking nature of the image will see knee-jerk public reactions.

Of course, an inquiry HAS to be held, and has to be far-reaching with heavy punishments.

But I would guess a lot of damage - some of it possibly irreparable - has been done already.
    I fear you are probably correct. 

The challenge for the racing authorities (worldwide) is to cleanse the sport of the (few I would suggest) individuals whose actions threaten its very existence.
  • Options
    I think the outcry from trainers, owners, broadcasters and racing fans indicates that these incidents aren’t the norm. Can anyone really imagine Henderson, Tizzard, Gosden, Mullins or any other trainer behaving like it ? 
    There are arseholes in every sport. For every Joey Barton stubbing a cigar out in someone’s eye there’s hundreds of decent pro footballers.
    Every regular contributor to the racing threads on here seems to be of the same opinion about these incidents and there are enough race horse owners on here to know that this behaviour is definitely not the norm.
    Agree with that, but public perception outside of those of us who love the sport, will be different.
  • Options
    Is there any evidence that they hurt the animals? Or are they just taking really, really tasteless pictures once the animals are dead?

I don't understand why on earth you would want to be in a picture like that...