Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

greatest show on turf Cheltenham 2021

Comments

• Options
    This was the event that went ahead last year despite concerns regarding coronavirus, and shortly afterwards the region was identified as a hotspot I believe.  They can fuck off.
    Who is they? 
    The jockey club.
    I gladly attended so presumably that’s aimed at me also?
  • Options
    Unbelievable, I’ve been defending him all day. 
  • Options
    Oisin Murphy - Coke scandal 
    charles Byrnes - 6 month ban for drugging horses 
    now Elliot with this carry on 

the animal rights mob are circling like vultures. 
  • Options
    Oisin Murphy - Coke scandal 
    charles Byrnes - 6 month ban for drugging horses 
    now Elliot with this carry on 

the animal rights mob are circling like vultures. 
    And can you blame them? Sad times 
  • Options
    Animal rights mobs are certainly not circling like vultures.
    What we are witnessing from nearly everybody is concern about the attitude of some who work with animals.
    I suppose there is some comfort to be gained that so many are very upset, you don't only have to be an animal rights activist to recognise when something is awful.
    I mean what is worse, that it (and other abuses) happen at all, or that animal rights people have a reason to complain?
    Vultures suggest that groups exploit misery, which is a diversion from the main issues such groups are concerned about which is ending such misery.
  • Options
    This was the event that went ahead last year despite concerns regarding coronavirus, and shortly afterwards the region was identified as a hotspot I believe.  They can fuck off.
    Who is they? 
    The jockey club.
    Nope - no intention to personalise it.  Unless you represent the Jockey Club?
  • Options
    Gigginstown are running there operation down I think. 
    Yes - announced phasing out over the course of 5 years
    They aren't running this operation down particularly fast!

They've had 155 different horses run so far this season with others still to do so. Of these, 45 are trained by Elliott with the rest being in the care of Noel Meade. Henry de Bromhead and JP O'Brien. Gigginstown horses have run in total 531 times winning 115 races with prize money of Euros 1,603,205 
  • Options
    Who is they? 
    The jockey club.
    Sorry PH.  I think the stress is getting to me.
  • Options
    That is fucking dreadful.  Should have his licence revoked.  It won't happen though 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    2 bad trainers - when the rest are good people and it puts the sport in a bad light - didn’t mean to take the thread off of subject 
  • Options
    Who is they? 
    The organisers of this event.
    Bit harsh. Hindsight a wonderful thing, it was still a bit of unknown then. Although I do 100% agree it shouldn't have gone ahead, certainly not in front of a crowd but that decision should have been made by the Government, not the organisers. 
    Hindsight?  Many people were saying how ridiculous it was that this was going ahead at the time.  Not hindsight at all.  Criminal negligence.
    Against the Government as it was them that said it could all go ahead with public in attendance. Jockey Club, Cheltenham and BHA all went by rules and keep checking with the government so no criminal negligence there!
    Why single out Cheltenham what about the 3,000 fans coming over from Madrid for the football that week too or the 50,000 gathered at a pop concert the weekend after Cheltenham!

I think that the fans coming over from Madrid, which was a covid hotspot at the time, was far worse than the Cheltenham festival going ahead, but some people will use any excuse to knock horse racing while turning a blind eye elsewhere. 
  • Options
    No need for any further investigation.
    There can be no acceptable explanation for the photo - certainly that given by Elliott comes nowhere near one. Even if true, an appalling and unacceptable disrespect for animals in his care, to whom he owes his entire career.
    He must have his license revoked permanently.
    The Cnut has gravely damaged a sport loved by millions, 99.9% of whom will find that photo utterly abhorrent.

Absolute nail on the head Peanuts. I am disgusted and appalled by Elliott. Get him out.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    The floodgate is open - Betfair cuts ties:

"While we recognise that Gordon deeply regrets and apologised unreservedly for his poor judgement his actions are completely at odds with the values of the Betfair brand and that of our employees. 

"With that in mind, we have decided to discontinue our association with Gordon with immediate effect."

If the IHRB has a brain they will realise that they need to get ahead of this and ban the cnut - anything short of that will not be acceptable.

• Options
    Never liked the bloke nor his former assistant Olly Murphy. If he’s not banned permanently, owners and sponsors must vote with their feet and leg it asap.
    Needs to be banned from even being a pet owner let alone a racehorse trainer. 
    I can’t imagine any other trainer doing something like this.
  • Options
    We certainly know one owner who will stay with him because his morals are as low as elliotts!
  • Options

Just wow. What a fat prick.
    About as believable as Oisin Murphy's excuse for his own misdemeanour....
  • Options
    We certainly know one owner who will stay with him because his morals are as low as elliotts!
    Yep - Gigginstown are staying loyal to him. Says it all.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Confirmed - quel surprise. You can mouth all the platitudes you like O'Leary, the world knows a scumbag when it sees one.
    Cheveley Park awaiting IHRB
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I suspect Cheveley Park will take flight, and that awaiting the outcome of the enquiry buys them time to make formal arrangements to withdraw. They have a couple of stellar names running at Cheltenham with GE in 2 weeks time - as much as everyone wants an ethical and moral approach, they aren't going to do anything now that blows their chances in a couple of big Grade 1 races around the corner. They are a decent outfit, and one with long term future aspirations, unlike the other lot.
  • Options
    edited March 2021

BHA statement: 

Following confirmation from Gordon Elliott that an image circulating of him on social media over the weekend is authentic, the British Horseracing Authority (BHA) has today issued the following statement:

The BHA is appalled by the image that appeared this weekend. We expect all those in our sport to demonstrate respect for horses, on the racecourse, in the training yard, on the gallops, and wherever they have horses in their care. People who work in our industry believe their values – of caring for and respecting our horses – have been deeply undermined by this behaviour. On their behalf, and on behalf of all horse-lovers, we say unequivocally that British horseracing finds this totally unacceptable.

The BHA is considering its own regulatory options, recognising that the Irish authorities license Mr Elliott and are carrying out their own investigation.

If the BHA wanted to show real "balls" they could ban him from all race our race courses including, of course, the upcoming Festival

I think it reasonable to await the outcome of the IHRB investigation before they or the BHA take formal action. 
    However, whilst that investigation is ongoing he should have his licence suspended by both authorities (suspension is a neutral act).   
  • Options

Just wow. What a fat prick.
    What, have you never had a phonecall and so sat down astride a dead animal?
  • Options
    edited March 2021
     Of course it was a “gesture to wait”.

Just imagine having been the owner of that horse and now seeing just what the fat scumbag thought about it.
    Maybe it was this dick.

• Options
    Bha will not allow his horses to run in Uk whilst under investigation. 
    But if owners transfer the horse to other trainers then can run. 
  • Options
    The BHA will not allow Elliott to run horses in the UK while the IHRB investigation is ongoing. Cue a small wrap on the knuckles for Elliott in the next few days. 
    How could any owner leave a horse with him knowing that it could be your horse that is treated in such a disgusting and disrespectful way. 
  • Options
    and he has a LOT of entries at Cheltenham 
  • Options
    edited March 2021

Well done the BHA, the right and only thing to do was to in effect suspend his involvement in UK racing while the IHRB investigation is concluded - perhaps the IHRB could have done the same.

The next thing for the BHA to do would be to at least match the sanction handed down to him by the IHRB, and a heavier sanction if the Irish bottle it.

I wonder if that airline owning c*nt will switch his Cheltenham runners to another trainer if the investigation hasn't been completed by then.

Whatever happens, Elliott is finished.

• Options
    bobmunro said:

Well done the BHA, the right and only thing to do was to in effect suspend his involvement in UK racing while the IHRB investigation is concluded - perhaps the IHRB could have done the same.

The next thing for the BHA to do would be to at least match the sanction handed down to him by the IHRB, and a heavier sanction if the Irish bottle it.

I wonder if that airline owning c*nt will switch his Cheltenham runners to another trainer if the investigation hasn't been completed by then.

Whatever happens, Elliott is finished.

He did say that he was sticking by Elliott. His ego, desire to win and thought of losing out on prize money will surely test his loyalty. For at least a nanosecond!